Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

[PXFIRE] Humor and Nonsense

PXFIRE HUMOR
    (in case your image display thingy took a nap.)

INTRODUCTION!

Selling away your sanity is an essential part of humor, so welcome one and all! I'm your host Neo Emolga and if you'd like to become as psychotic as I am, then you're on the right track with your intention to participate!

Weeks 1, 2, and 3 feature humor, and here it is! Make me laugh, make me giggle, and be as silly and as witty as you can be! You will be given a theme each week and it's your job to take that loony theme and create something for it that's as silly and as funny as you can make it! This can take the form of pictures, stories, jokes, rhymes, songs, photos, and whatever other media nonsense you can come up with!

SOME RULES!

As much fun as total anarchy would be, there needs to be a loose structure. Don't worry, I won't tell you to keep your hands to yourself!

1. Follow all PXR forum rules and PXFIRE standard rules! Just because you're in here and going screwloose doesn't mean you can start adopting a potty mouth and do all kinds of smut that your mother would say "for shame!"
    2. All content posted must be your own creation! So you need to make sure anything you post is original content and not something you found or downloaded from some other place! That's too easy! And chances are good I've seen it already.
    3. Size and form is up to you. No challenge will force you to do a particular format, such as a challenge that's pictures only.

YOU'LL DO BETTER IF...!

Make something clever, witty, and unique. It's better to be unpredictable than it is to rely on the same puns, memes, and such that have been done so many times before.

This and find clever ways to make use of the theme. In general, I'll be picking things that should give you lots of areas to go silly with. Also, the more content you provide, the better your chances and point payout will be. Obviously the guy that write a very witty and silly story will do better than the guy that dropped a joke that's only two lines long.

Also, if you're laughing while writing it, chances are better I'll be laughing while reading it. I like clever sarcasm and wit. And sometimes something that's tactfully dumb and inane can be great quality. :3

WEEKLY THEMES!

Your themes of the week are...!

WEEK #1 (JUNE 24 - JULY 1)

FOOD! For Week #1, I invite you to play with your food and do something silly, goofy, and nonsensical involving food and eating. Really, the more you think about it, the weirder it gets. So really, cook up something delicious and tasty and if I use one more food-related pun, you have permission to slap me. I'll stop.

WEEK #2 (JULY 2 - JULY 8)

POKÉMON MYSTERY DUNGEON! For Week #2, it's your civic duty to poke fun and do something zany and silly for anything related to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Pokémon's most well-renown spin-off series! Do something crude, something sarcastic, something cynical, or just plain loony! And if by chance you've never played the PMD games, that's even better! Pretend like you have and do your own silly interpretation!

WEEK #3 (JULY 9 - JULY 15)

<NOT REVEALING RIGHT NOW NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO TEMPT ME LA LA LA I CAN'T HERE YOU LA LA LA!>

Senior Administrator

This week we're looking at:

WEEK #1 (JUNE 24 - JULY 1)

FOOD!
    For Week #1, I invite you to play with your food and do something silly, goofy, and nonsensical involving food and eating. Really, the more you think about it, the weirder it gets. So really, cook up something delicious and tasty and if I use one more food-related pun, you have permission to slap me. I'll stop.

Hello everybody! This story counts for both the writing prompt of this week and the PXFIRE Humor Challenge of this week.

Spoiler:
    It was a nice summer day in the world of Pokemon. Chimchar had a lot of vegetables in his fridge, so he decided to invite his best friend Aipom to prepare vegetable soup.
    After washing and cutting all the vegetables, they started preparing the soup itself :
    "Good water for the soup...", Aipom began.
    "And fire to heat up the water!", Chimchar added.
    "Green beans for lots of vitamins...", Aipom continued.
    "And spinach for a great poop!", Chimchar grinned.
    "Carrots maintain eye health...", Aipom declared.
    "And peas... or are they pees?", Chimchar joked.
    "Cabbage is good for your heart...", Aipom announced.
    "And broccoli will make you fart!", Chimchar concluded.

After putting all the vegetables in the hot water, Aipom and Chimchar had to wait for a while. Then, they finished preparing the soup. When the soup was ready, it was time to try it :
    "Thank you for preparing vegetable soup with me, Aipom! How about you try it first?", Chimchar suggested.
    "Thank you for inviting me, Chimchar! And thank you for letting me try the soup first!", Aipom replied.
    Aipom tried the soup, but she spat it immediately :
    "Chimchar, the soup is rotten! When did you buy the vegetables?!", Aipom screamed.
    "According to the receipt, I bought them on June 20.", Chimchar answered.
    "Could I please see the receipt?", Aipom asked.
    "Sure, it's in the trash can.", Chimchar explained.
    "Well, I guess one Pokemon's trash really is another Pokemon's treasure...", Aipom sighed.

"June 20... 2017?! The vegetables we put in the soup had expired over one year ago! No wonder the soup is rotten!", Aipom yelled.
    "Oops, I should have been more careful... Sorry, Aipom. What are we going to do with the rotten soup?", Chimchar questioned.
    "We're going to throw it away in your garden.", Aipom decided.
    So, Chimchar and Aipom went to Chimchar's garden and threw the soup away. When they were doing that, a Purrloin came closer to them and looked at the soup.
    "That's rotten vegetable soup, Purrloin.", Chimchar described.
    "You shouldn't eat that.", Aipom went on.
    As soon as Aipom and Chimchar finished throwing the soup away, Purrloin went away. As for the two monkey-like Pokemon, they reconciled with each other and they remembered that day for a very long time.

@Neo Emolga

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

4. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    hi this is my first comic ever srry for bad english

it's the all-knowing wooden stick

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

6. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Results for Week 1 will be up shortly (only two submissions, where were you guys!?), but for now, savor the taste of...!

WEEK #2 (JULY 2 - JULY 8)

POKÉMON MYSTERY DUNGEON!
    For Week #2, it's your civic duty to poke fun and do something zany and silly for anything related to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Pokémon's most well-renown spin-off series where you're the Pokémon instead of being the one that bonks them on the head with a Pokéball! Do something crude, something sarcastic, something cynical, or just plain loony! And if by chance you've never played the PMD games, that's even better! Pretend like you have and do your own silly interpretation!

Senior Administrator

WEEK #1 (JULY 2 - JULY 8) RESULTS AND DAMAGE REPORT!

YOu CamE, YOu ANsWErED THe cALl FOr FooD, aNd YOu CONquErED! Well, at least all two of you did! I'm sure Agents of the Shadows aren't going to be too disappointed with the results considering you nabbed all 100 of them between the two of you!

CLEOBEL AND THE PSYCHOSIS OF THE VEGETABLE SOUP

I had to give a nice snort at Chimchar's rhymes in the beginning! Aipom is like being all poetic while Chimchar drops in these silly and immature comments and darn it, I LOVE THAT!

It would have been funnier if the vegetables were even older! Like 1969 or so. Or have them be from the future and cause bizarre digestive issues! Only kidding, it was still good, though something funny happening with the Purrloin at the end would have been a zany finisher. Something along the lines of "well, screw those guys, I'm gonna try it anyway!" and then having Purrloin have digestive issues.

I would have loved more. I always love more. But it's a great entry into the insanity I have reserved for this section and I commend you for stepping into the funhouse of madness. It was a brave thing you did and you should consider yourself a hero.

For this masterpiece, I award you 38 POINTS!

BULBASAUR AND THE POST-APOCALPTYIC MADNESS OF FOOD-SHOPPING, PUNS, AND COMICS

The maroon-colored stick is BY FAR my favorite character. Best character design, amazing facial expressions, and the shading and detail is just superb. Very superb. I also liked the Ho-Foods pun and... BOWL. And the "dill with it" pun.

I love the irregularly-shaped panels (the arrows were so cute and helpful too)! See, I notice these extra things and they're wonderful. They're like that feeling when you think you've reached the end of your ice cream bowl, but then you look in and you still there's still one tasty glob left. These extra little fun bits are like that one extra glob.

And this was really your first comic!? AMAZING! 62 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR YOU! One day they need to build you a shrine.

FINAL TEAM RESULTS!!!

All 100 Points because you two homewreckered everything with superior awesomeness that all the other teams were too afraid to participate!
    Cleobel - 38
    Bulbasaur - 62

9. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

The Adventures of Team RattleCrew

Episode 1...
    Spoiler:

Welcome to the World of Pokémon! Except things are a little bit wackier and not quite the way you remember them.

Hailey: Uggghhh…
    Hailey: Hm?
    Hailey: Oh man where am I?
    Hailey: I drank too many gummi shakes last night at Spina’s café.
    Hailey: Well better get moving before someone spots me-
    Thyeo: HEY! Are you okay, darling?
    Hailey: Goddangit.

Hailey: Um, that’s none of your business.
    Thyeo: You don’t remember, do you?
    Hailey: Mmmm nope.
    Thyeo: Figures. Alright, darling, let’s take you to the hospital. Follow me.

Hailey: Uhh this is a strange route to the hospital.
    Thyeo: It’s a short cut, now hurry up. I don’t like walking through this part of town.
    Hailey: Fine fine.

Shayla: HEY! YOU!
    Hailey: Uh-oh.
    Thyeo: Uh-oh? Why did you say “uh-oh”?
    Shayla: -stomps up- You’re the one that was picking fights at the café last night! Then you just left before we could finish our fight!
    Hailey: Hey now there’s no need for viole-

Shayla: *dusts off her hands* I’ll be back, with backup.
    Shayla: *storms off*
    Thyeo: Oh great.
    Thyeo: -hoists Hailey- Come on let’s get a move on before-

Alain: I heard you were bothering my friend.
    Thyeo: HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU FIGHT LAST NIGHT!
    Hailey: I don’t remember! Aaagghhh hangover.
    Hailey: Do you see two of them too?
    Thyeo: Oh my god you’re so out of it.

Alain: I’m not letting you pass until we get this sorted out.
    Thyeo: *sigh* Look, I wasn’t there. Can you just let me get her to a hospital and then you can beat her up tomorrow.
    Hailey: Wow rude.
    Thyeo: Shut up, you got us in this mess.
    Alain: Mmmm okay fine. But tomorrow, I’m coming for you.

Koffing: Hey punks!
    Zubat: Why you crossing our turf?
    Thyeo: I swear to god, darlings, if I get interrupted one more time-
    Hailey: Heyyyy it’s the guys from the café!
    Zubat: Yooo it’s our main lady! Hailey, is this guy bothering you?
    Hailey: Nah nah he’s good. Just helping me get to a hospital.
    Koffing: Alright well if he causes you anymore trouble you let us know. We’ll be there.

Thyeo: Alright we’re here. Now time to get our footprints checked.
    Hailey: Huuuuhhh?
    Diglett: FOOTPRINT DETECTED FOOPRINT DETECT! THE FOOTPRINT IS ANORITH… I THINK I’M NOT REALLY SURE ANORITH DON’T ACTUALLY HAVE FEET.
    Hailey: He has a point.
    Loudred: Quit questioning the system, Diglett! Come on in before he gets any existential!
    Thyeo: Alright let’s go…

To be continued…
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

11. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    thx i made another comic

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

13. This post has been liked by:

Do NOT eat the banana cake arnisd's Avatar
    Have a sketchy comic, which I'm planning on adding to a bit before the deadline, but it should give a bit of a laugh already, hopefully... please?

Spoiler:

15. This post has been liked by:

I've never played the PMD series, and I went for less zany humor. Hope y'all enjoy!

Spoiler:

GM: “Your group of brave Pokemon adventurers has traveled many days to pursue this legend. The crone at the Rampaging Rapidash tavern told you of a stone door built into a hillside that only opened when the three oaks speak as one. Before you is such a door; the ancient runes on its surface have been eroded to mere hints, though some of the bas-reliefs on the lintel suggest you have found your goal.”
    Chuck: “We were searching for gas relief? That doesn’t sound like a very good quest.”
    GM: “What? Bas-relief, it’s a carved out picture in silhouette of animals.”
    Leopold: “And they carved this into a bean? How big is it?”
    GM: “Where did you get bean from?”
    Leopold: “You said the pictures were carved into the lentil.”
    GM: (obviously annoyed) “L-I-N-T-E-L, lintel. It’s the horizontal frame above the door.”
    Chuck: “And these beans are carved all over it? Or just on top?”
    GM: “There are no beans. The silhouette of animals can be picked out even through the erosion, but there are some you don’t recognize.”
    Leopold: “So is this the door?”
    GM: “You think so. You were supposed to find the door built into a hillside that opens when the three oaks speak as one.”
    Leopold: “I look around. How many oak trees do I see?”
    GM: “None. The hills within your sight have no trees on them, just rolling grass.”
    Chuck: “Hey, no drug use in the house. This is a rental.”
    GM: (rolls eyes) “I was being descriptive. There is no forest anywhere nearby. There are a few small stone cairns nearby though.”
    Emily: “I’ve seen some of those. Aren’t they meant to mark a path? Where do these ones lead?”
    GM: “Normally, yes. These ones however seem to make a large, irregular circle around the hill, leading you back to the rest of you group. Do you want to look closer at them?”
    Leopold: “Don’t do it! Piles of stones in the middle of nowhere? What if they’re grave markers. You definitely don’t want to disturb the dead.”
    Chuck: “He’s right. There’s no way we can fight them yet, we’re still just level three.”
    Emily: “I’m not going to touch them, but I’ll look closer at them.”
    GM: “The top stone on each of the cairns seems to be volcanic in origin, and a series of holes run through them. It looks like something was carved onto a flat part on the top, but you can’t quite tell what.”
    Chuck: “Does it look like a bean?”
    GM: “No. It does not at all look like a bean.”
    Chuck: “I guess it’s not a clue then. I’m going to try punching the door.”
    GM: (sighs) “Okay. You focus all your aura into your fist, driving it into the center of the door. This door has seen aeons pass, though, and ignores your attempt to hurt it.”
    Leopold: “Whoah! Someone awakened a door!”
    Chuck: “Why would a door be sleeping?”
    Emily: “That’s the druid spell, right? That takes plants and makes them think?”
    Leopold: “Yeah! You have to be a really high level druid to be able to do that. This must be the door. Maybe we have to talk it into opening?”
    Chuck: “I try talking to the door. I tell it to open.”
    GM: (stares in silence for a moment) “It doesn’t respond to anything you say.”
    Chuck: “I try insulting it then. Your mama’s dumber than a box of rocks!”
    Leopold: “What if its mom was a box of rocks?”
    Emily: “No, wait, what if we try saying nice things to convince it to open?”
    GM: “The door still isn’t responding, in any way, to anything you say. You’re pretty sure it’s just a stone door.”
    Chuck: “If a druid woke it up, maybe it doesn’t speak our language. Does anyone speak Druish?”
    Leopold: “My character is the master of four languages. Does the door know any of those?”
    GM: “No. The door doesn’t know any language you could speak.”
    Nicole: “They’re all busy talking to the door, right? I’ll go look at those rock piles.”
    GM: “You see the same thing Emily saw, with the holes and the worn away carving.”
    Nicole: “Cool. I pick one up.”
    Chuck: “Hey, I’m still talking to the door here. If it can’t understand my words, maybe we have to show it what we mean. I do this.” (Stands up and opens and closes his arms in front of him.)
    GM: “The door doesn’t react to your Pictionary either.”
    Chuck: “What? Ew, no way man, I’m not whipping that out for just any old door.”
    Nicole: “What a weirdo. I throw the rock at Chuck.”
    GM: “Okay. The rock makes a whistling noise as it flies, and you’re close enough to hit him. Roll damage.”
    Chuck: “Hey! Wait a minute! No party fighting!”
    Nicole: (rolls a die) “It came up a two.”
    GM: “Since you have a type advantage, you get another point of damage. Chuck, take three points of damage to your physical stat.”
    Chuck: (glares angrily) “We aren’t even in the dungeon yet and I’m already hurt. This sucks.”
    Leopold: “That’s why you’re the tank. I go pick up a rock and throw it at him too.”
    GM: “This one whistles when you throw it too, but Chuck is aware now and moves out of the way.”
    Emily: “Ooh, me too!”
    Chuck: “Hey, no ganging up on me! I start throwing the rocks back!”
    GM: “Okay, okay, hang on. As soon as three rocks are thrown, the door swings open, revealing a yawning abyss. Old stone steps lead down into the darkness, and-“
    Chuck: “But do I hit any of them back?”
    Nicole: “Who knows what will happen if we throw more. Come on! How many rocks are there?”
    GM: “Well, there are seven, but-
    Nicole: “Cool! I pick up as many as I can and throw them at Chuck.”
    Chuck: “No way, I’m out of here. I run down those stairs in the dark. Giant beans have to be better than this.”
    Leopold: “I pick up a rock and follow him. Hey, if we can knock him out, do we get XP?”
    GM: (sighs again) “No.”
    Leopold: “Okay, I guess we have to hit something else next time. Come on gals, let’s see what’s in this mysterious dungeon.”
    My resurrected stats (still under renovation!):
    http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/sho...3-Evan-s-Stats

17. This post has been liked by: