Sometimes, I just don't know....

Was there ever a time in your life where....options seemed dim and there was no hope?

URPG Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Palamon View Post
    Was there ever a time in your life where....options seemed dim and there was no hope?
    Hey,
    There has been. I was a kid with divorced parents and a mom struggling with undiagnosed chronic depression and BPD, and a dad who only knew how to communicate through shouting matches (and to add onto that, he is staunchly conservative and homophobic, to the detriment of myself and the girl that I was dating). I was a middleman between two parents who couldn't communicate with one another, delivering threats to my dad whenever he didn't pay child support. I felt powerless; I didn't have anyone to go to, or anywhere to go. I didn't have a social life at school.

I escaped online when I could; I wrote and RP'd different lives. It got me through. I'm grown now, and things have turned up--I have a great significant other, I moved out and away from my parents (on good terms, eventually--it took my mom a bit to find her right meds, and my dad calmed with age... a bit), and I'm in a city with good opportunities. I'm swimming in college debt that it'll probably take me a few years to crawl out of, but I'm here, and much happier.

My point is: I don't know you, but whatever you're going through right now, your feelings are completely valid. I don't know where you live--I see your note in your signature that you're gay, and I know that in some areas, it's more rough for LGBTQ right now than we ever expected. But keep trying. I can't guarantee that things will suddenly get better. Sometimes it's a lot of rough patches before you get to a calm. But hang in there.

head ranger / expert curator / ace chronicler
    urpg stats
    / national park stats / deviantart

Yes, frequently, comes and goes but is a general theme. I am not going to go far into it but hearing "don't worry there's ____" and such platitudes from people who take for granted the things you struggle with don't help and make it worse.