Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

[PXFIRE] Drawn Art!

DRAWN ART

Welcome to the Drawn Art section of PXFIRE Season 2! I hope this will be a fun event for everyone to join in regardless of whether you consider yourself an artist or not! Remember, you can earn a lot of points just for participating!

Rules
    1. The artwork must be created by you.
    2. The artwork must be created this week specifically for the event. You can’t submit old pieces.
    3. Your artwork must be appropriate for the forum.
    4. You can enter artwork in any format you like as long as it is drawn. This includes traditional pencil, paint, watercolour etc. or digital drawings.

Judging
    Judging will be performed by me based on the following criteria!

Technique (5 points): Does the shading look correct? Do the chosen colours go well together? Is everything in proportion? etc.
    Theme (5 points): 5 points for matching the theme of the week!
    Creativity (5 points): How does your artwork stand out? It could be the technique used, the thing you chose to draw or how you creatively addressed the theme!
    Execution (5 points): How well does everything go together? The feeling of the artwork overall.

Based on the number of points you receive from the criteria above, you will receive proportional points for your PXFIRE team! Remember everyone who joins in will receive some points for their team, so have a go!

Week 4 Theme: ITEMS!
    Items are an important aspect of the Pokemon world that are often overlooked! Your task this week is to feature an item. It can be any item from any Pokemon game, anime, etc. The item should be the main focus of the artwork, but to get maximum points, you should feature it creatively! Maybe it’s in an interesting location or being used by a person or Pokemon?! This where your creativity comes in! It’s up to you!

Entry Form:
    Team: Your team name
    Title of entry:
    Notes: If you used an item that is not very common, please link to a reference so I can confirm it’s a real item!
    Your entry: Insert your image. If you are unable to, you can put a link instead.

Code:
    [b]Team:[/b]
    [b]Title of entry:[/b]
    [b]Notes:[/b]
    [b]Your entry:[/b]
    Week 5 Theme: Alo-love!
    Many Pokemon missed out on receiving an Alola form! Pick any Pokemon without an Alola form and create one for them! To get full points for theme this week, you must include a description of how the new form came about on Alola eg. For Alola Exeggutor, there was a lot of extra sun around!

Entry Form:
    Title of entry:
    Notes: Include your description about how the new form came into existence.
    Your entry: Insert your image. If you are unable to, you can put a link instead.

Code:

Week 6 Theme: A Memory
    This week’s theme is more abstract, giving you the chance to draw pretty much anything you like! This week I want to see a Pokemon-related memory come to life. It could be a special moment from the games or anime, a Pokemon-related moment you experienced while playing or in real life, a Pokemon experiencing a memory or an item, object or location to do with a memory! There are endless possibilities! To get full points for this theme, please include a description explaining the memory you have depicted and the image must match the explanation.

Entry Form:
    Title of entry:
    Notes: Include your description about how your drawing matches the theme here.

Code:

Good luck everyone! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post in this thread or contact me directly!
    GCEA

2. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Gonna see if I can brew up something in the following week. :D

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Team: Avalon Apostles
    Title of entry: Wash Away the Shadows
    Notes: The item is the Vivid Scent from Pokémon XD and Colosseum. It didn't have an official image but it's implied it's an incense style item so I based it on that. Here's the item: Scents
    Your entry:
    Spoiler:
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Wouldn't digital drawn art be graphic art? What's the difference?

My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Wouldn't digital drawn art be graphic art? What's the difference?
    I could be mistaken but graphic is more like designing signature banners and such.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I could be mistaken but graphic is more like designing signature banners and such.
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah Can you confirm? Because the Graphic Art section looks like any digital art.

My Links

In previous WAR/PXFIRE's drawn art just meant you had to do things as if you were just using traditional art tools. You could draw in photoshop and such, but you weren't allowed to use any tools or effects that you can only create using digital tools. Like perfect gradients, blends/blurs,or copy pasting backgrounds.

VPP

9. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    In previous WAR/PXFIRE's drawn art just meant you had to do things as if you were just using traditional art tools. You could draw in photoshop and such, but you weren't allowed to use any tools or effects that you can only create using digital tools. Like perfect gradients, blends/blurs,or copy pasting backgrounds.
    Alright, thanks for the clarification!

My Links

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yes, Morzone is correct. However since I didn't specify, for this week, using additional tools like gradients is fine. No copy pasting anything though. As long as the finished product is a drawing. Graphic art doesn't usually involve any drawing, it's just putting things together.
    GCEA

12. This post has been liked by:

One quick question. @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Is color required?

My Links