Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Team: Order of the Sun
    Title of entry: Spirits of Metal and Fire
    Notes: With almost no good cold climates in the tropical alola region, Snorunts and their evolutions instead inhabited rocky, often fiery mountains and stone canyons. Those that developed harder, more metallic coats survived best.

Alolan Sorunt:
    - The Metal Hat pokemon, Alolan Snorunts developed a hard metal shell to protect themselves from harsh rocky environments. It is said their spike can break through even the toughest of boulders when a snorunt gets up to speed.
    - Type: Steel
    - Locations available for capture: Blush Mountain, Poni Canyon.
    - Evolves into:
    - Alolan Glalie - lvl 40
    - Alolan Frosslass - Fire Stone

Alolan Glalie:
    - The Spiked Ball pokemon, Alolan Glalie searches for ideal stones and metals to sharpen its spikes on. The sharper their spike, the more intimidating they are to potential predators and prey. The metal plates that cover its body can come in many different variations.
    - Type: Steel
    - Locations available for capture: Poni Canyon
    - Evolves from Alolan Snorunt at lvl 40

Alolan Frosslas:
    - The Fire Spirit pokemon, the flames covering Alolan Frosslass' body can burn up to 1,000 degrees C when angered. It is unknown if their is a physical body beneath its flames, but rumors have it that those who die from or near to an active volcano are reborn as an alolan Frosslass.
    - Type: Fire, Steel
    - Locations available for Capture: N/A
    - Evolves from Alolan Snorunt Using a Fire Stone

Your entry:
    Spoiler:

Not entirely happy with the way my Alolan Frosslass looks, but I think it's not too bad.

VPP

2. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Team: Avalon Apostles.
    Title of entry: Child of Madame Pele.
    Notes: Taking rocks away from lava fields in Hawaii is frowned upon for a lot of reasons. For one thing, it's illegal to remove minerals from national parks in the United States. For another, a lot of people are under the impression that taking these stones will anger Pele, the goddess of fire and volcanoes. While this isn't really mentioned in Hawaiian lore that I could find (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) and seems to just be an urban legend, I read a really interesting one about Pele being angry about the rocks being taken because they're her children. Sableye that live in Alola tend to live around Wela Volcano Park; those that do are shape by their diet of igneous rock and ash, as well as their fiery environs. They take on a Ghost/Rock typing, though the bands of energy on their arms and legs do a good job of mimicking lava. They're actually cool and smooth to the touch, much like the rocks they eat. Most of them have the abilities Keen Eye or Stall like their mainland cousins, but some have the Cursed Body ability - carrying the wrath of Pele wherever they go.
    Your entry: Included both a BG-having and non-BG-having version.
    Spoiler:

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Team: Avalon Apostles
    Title of entry: Maui's Fox
    Notes: Every religion and mythology has a trickster. It's well known that in Japan, the kitsune share this role with many others, resulting in Zoroark and Zorua being viewed as illusion wielding foxes that trick others for fun. In Polynesian legends, this role falls to Maui. Using his mighty hook, he performed a variety of tricks including making the days longer, creating coconuts, and more. Alolan Zoroark are generally only found on Poni Island. Legend states that they were brought with Zorua to Alola by those traveling by sea. Unused to the environment, the foxes had a difficult time capturing prey and Tapu Fini took pity on them. Hearing their plight, she gifted the zoroarks with hooks made from her own shell. Thus, they have taken on the dark/water typing. They are fierce swimmer, able to accurately ensnare prey with their mighty hooks at the end of their manes. Still, this does not stop their trickery, with their new found aquatic abilities now expanding their target area to both land and sea.
    Your entry:
    Spoiler:
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

5. This post has been liked by:

Team: Agents of Shadow
    Title of entry: Alolan Spinda
    Notes: Spinda were introduced to Alola from Hoenn a long time ago. In Hoenn, the spinda generally make their homes around the volcanic areas of Route 113. In Alola, the spinda instead migrated to the beach shores of Melemele Island. Seeing the local water-types playing with the humans in the sea inspired the spinda to learn how to swim, and over much time, they evolved to glide through water as a water-type does and cloak themselves with sand and seaweed to help disguise them from predators such as toxapex. The one component of their physicality that remained was their inconsistent placement of their face spots, which remains unique to each spinda.

They lost their normal typing and gained water/grass types. As well as retaining Own Tempo, Alolan Spinda can also have the Hydration ability.
    Your entry:
    Alolan Spinda
    Water / Grass
    Spoiler:

7. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Team: Agents of the Shadows
    Title of entry: Spoopy
    Notes: This is Alolan Bulbasaur! The environment and weather in Alola makes Bulbasaur's bulb grow differently. Instead of a bulb, it grows into a pumpkin! It's typing is Grass/Dark. On a side note, I think this entry turned out much better than the previous. Hopefully you'll agree.
    Your entry:
    Alolan Bulbasaur
    Grass/Dark
    Spoiler:

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

9. This post has been liked by:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Team: Agents of the Shadows
    Title: The Scourge of Kalos
    Notes: Despite being a relatively recent introduction to the Alola region compared to other Pokemon, Skiddo and Gogoat adapted quickly to the environment, and the frequent volcanic activity combined with the abundant vegetation to graze on has made them shed their old grassy coats in favor of firey ones. Sadly, Alolan Skiddo and Gogoat are something of a pest in many areas, consuming vegetation in excess and leaving many native species without a food source.
    Your Entry: Alolan Skiddo and Gogoat, Fire-type
    Spoiler:

11. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wow great job everyone! :D They all look SO GOOD!!!

I think there is still some time left but I'm gonna post the final theme now in case anyone wants to make a start!
    GCEA

13. This post has been liked by:

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Week 6 Theme: A Memory
    This week’s theme is more abstract, giving you the chance to draw pretty much anything you like! This week I want to see a Pokemon-related memory come to life. It could be a special moment from the games or anime, a Pokemon-related moment you experienced while playing or in real life, a Pokemon experiencing a memory or an item, object or location to do with a memory! There are endless possibilities! To get full points for this theme, please include a description explaining the memory you have depicted and the image must match the explanation.

Entry Form:
    Team: Your team name
    Title of entry:
    Notes: Include your description about how your drawing matches the theme here.
    Your entry: Insert your image. If you are unable to, you can put a link instead.

Code:
    [b]Team:[/b]
    [b]Title of entry:[/b]
    [b]Notes:[/b]
    [b]Your entry:[/b]
    GCEA

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

JUDGING WEEK 5!

@Morzone

Technique: 3/5
    Theme: 5/5
    Creativity: 5/5
    Execution: 4/5
    TOTAL: 17/20

Comment: Ooh I love these! I really enjoyed the Dex entries you included. They’re definitely a great fit for Alola and totally make sense. I could see these being in the games! The colouring looks a bit rough in places but that could just be your scanner. The shading looks a bit off like on Glalie’s spikes. It’s hard to tell what direction the light would be coming from. Those are the only things I can nitpick. xD Great work!

@VeloJello

Technique: 5/5
    Execution: 5/5
    TOTAL: 20/20

Comment: I can’t help seeing an Audino when I look at this!!! xD So I was a bit surprised when I read it was Sableye! I love the idea you came up with though, especially tying it into an ancient legend, and such a cool one at that. The colours are lovely and soft! I really like the addition of the fiery bands that are actually cool rock. Some great ideas here! Well done!

@Noblejanobii

Execution: 3/5
    TOTAL: 16/20

Comment: Cool idea! I recently watched Moana so I actually know this one. XD Zoroark seems like a great choice for this too. Good job drawing without lineart, I find it really tough. Some parts could be a bit better defined though, like the hands. I really like the eye though! The addition of whiskers and fins was smart, but it took me a second to realise it was a fin on its arm. Maybe it could look a bit more webbed or something? Overall nice work! I really like the textures you used, even if that’s not exactly drawn. xD

@Suicune's Fire

TOTAL: 20

Comment: Aww what a cutie. I really like the seaweed camouflage idea and the different typing. The ears and fins look great too. I can definitely see this being an Alola-mon! I can’t find anything to pick on :( I guess you could have done a more exciting pose or something?! GOSH XANTHE. Well done! :D

@Bulbasaur

Creativity: 4/5
    Execution: 3/5
    TOTAL: 15/20

Comment: Pumpkinsaur! This is a cool idea, though pumpkins don’t immediately make me think of Alola. xD Maybe it could have been a coconut or a tropical flower or something?! I think the colouring looks better this time, well done :) There are still some white spots but they’re not as noticeable. Good job trying your hand at shading! The pose looks kinda familiar to me which is fine. *seen a lot of Bulbasaur art*. Bulbasaur looks a little bit short or pudgy like it’s kinda missing a belly section? But I know how hard it is to draw it in different poses. xD Definitely an improvement over last week, great work! :D

@Arrow-Jolteon

TOTAL 20/20

Comment: Ooh I love the idea of an introduced pest species and it having an impact on the environment. The art itself is lovely and bright. You did a good job drawing flames that still look like some sort of coat! The colouring and shading looks pretty good to me (I’m not a huge expert but fire sure makes things seem complicated xD). I like the little detail of the lava on Gogoat’s back and sleeping pose Skiddo is too cute. Nice work!
    GCEA

16. This post has been liked by:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Team: Agents of the Shadow
    Title of entry: Dimensional Scream
    Notes: The theme of this week being Memory immediately brought this scene from the Mystery Dungeon games to mind. I know the Dimensional Scream is technically more of a time vision ability, but the way the scene is presented certainly gives off a "lost memories" vibe, especially how the place where this specific Scream occurs being one that the protagonist feels familiarity with. Also, I drew the protagonist as a Vulpix because that's what I played as in Explorers of Sky.
    Your entry:
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Arrow-Jolteon; 08-02-2018 at 02:26 AM.

18. This post has been liked by: