Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Team: Avalon Apostles
    Title of entry: Soul Link
    Notes: My best friend and I started a randomized soullinkfitlocke of Pokémon Black and White 2 this past January to meet our goal or getting into shape. We decided as motivation, we'd eventually make a picturelocke out of it with our characters being fusions of our catches. It's by far one of my favorite memories as I've really gotten close to Peaches through this game and while we haven't been playing it much recently, I know we're both eager to get back at it when school starts back up.
    Your entry:
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 08-03-2018 at 03:23 AM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

Team: Agents of Shadow
    Title of entry: Undefeatable
    Notes: When I was a kid playing on my Gameboy and Pokemon Blue, the oddish that the lass has in Mt. Moon, for some reason, was terrifying. It had absorb, which destroyed my squirtle. For some reason, it's always just stuck in my mind that this oddish is super powerful. XD I know it stems from my perspective as a kid and my underdeveloped sense of strategy, but the memory of this oddish being incredibly tough is very real. Go, squirtle, go!!!
    Your entry:

4. This post has been liked by:

Team: Order of the Sun
    Title of entry: The Shadow in Almia
    Notes: The Final battle with Darkrai in Pokemon ranger: Shadows of Almia. Today it's really easy for me to beat, but back when I first played it this was one of my favorite final boss battles in all the games and definitely my favorite pokemon ranger game. Unfortunately I ran out of time and only didn't finish it, but this is what I have. If you're wondering why the light pellets are going away rather than toward Darkrai, the first attempt to "capture" darkrai, he's closed his heart and forces the lights away so nothing you do gets through to him.
    Your entry:
    Spoiler:

VPP

6. This post has been liked by:

I hope I'm not too late!

I'm titling this one 'Glory Days' - the theme is reminiscing on past victories and friendships. Gardy looks back on the early days of the journey, memorialized and surrounded by the trappings of victory.

Gardevoir isn't quite in the same plane as the table, and the shadows didn't quite turn out the way I wanted, but I'm pretty new to drawing so I'm cool with it.

My resurrected stats (still under renovation!):
    http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/sho...3-Evan-s-Stats

8. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Team: Agents of the Shadow
    Title of entry: Dimensional Scream
    Notes: The theme of this week being Memory immediately brought this scene from the Mystery Dungeon games to mind. I know the Dimensional Scream is technically more of a time vision ability, but the way the scene is presented certainly gives off a "lost memories" vibe, especially how the place where this specific Scream occurs being one that the protagonist feels familiarity with. Also, I drew the protagonist as a Vulpix because that's what I played as in Explorers of Sky.
    Your entry:
    Spoiler:
    Technique: 5/5
    Theme: 5/5
    Creativity: 5/5
    Execution: 5/5
    TOTAL: 20/20

Comment: Oooh wow! This is a cool idea. It's interesting how memorable overall mystery dungeon is! I think you did a great job of capturing this moment. Vulpix's expression is great. I love the colouring of the eyes. And the shading and highlights overall are really well done. The scarf is beautiful too and so lifelike! Great work, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Team: Avalon Apostles
    Title of entry: Soul Link
    Notes: My best friend and I started a randomized soullinkfitlocke of Pokémon Black and White 2 this past January to meet our goal or getting into shape. We decided as motivation, we'd eventually make a picturelocke out of it with our characters being fusions of our catches. It's by far one of my favorite memories as I've really gotten close to Peaches through this game and while we haven't been playing it much recently, I know we're both eager to get back at it when school starts back up.
    Your entry:
    Spoiler:
    Technique: 3/5
    TOTAL: 18/20

Comment: Aww this is such a nice memory. And a cool idea to fuse your Pokemon catches together! My favourite part of this image is probably the Metang. It's really cute and well done and the shading looks great! The fused Pokemon is also pretty interesting. At first glance I thought it was a new Pokemon I hadn't seen xD I like the details you added to the desk set ups! The angles are a little off and I found the soft shading onTyphlosion kind of distracting as the rest looks like hard shading... But aside from that you did a great job! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Team: Agents of Shadow
    Title of entry: Undefeatable
    Notes: When I was a kid playing on my Gameboy and Pokemon Blue, the oddish that the lass has in Mt. Moon, for some reason, was terrifying. It had absorb, which destroyed my squirtle. For some reason, it's always just stuck in my mind that this oddish is super powerful. XD I know it stems from my perspective as a kid and my underdeveloped sense of strategy, but the memory of this oddish being incredibly tough is very real. Go, squirtle, go!!!
    Your entry:

Technique: 5/5
    TOTAL: 20/20

Comment: Haha Xanthe, that's an adorable memory! I love that evil looking oddish! It actually looks pretty scary xD Squirtle looks really good, great expression and pose! Maybe the background could emphasise that it's moving toward oddish or something a bit more, since there is a bit of empty space there. I love your nice smooth lines and I especially love the shading and how it incorporates different colours. It's one of my favourite techniques to see. Those leaves on oddish look really nice! Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Team: Order of the Sun
    Title of entry: The Shadow in Almia
    Notes: The Final battle with Darkrai in Pokemon ranger: Shadows of Almia. Today it's really easy for me to beat, but back when I first played it this was one of my favorite final boss battles in all the games and definitely my favorite pokemon ranger game. Unfortunately I ran out of time and only didn't finish it, but this is what I have. If you're wondering why the light pellets are going away rather than toward Darkrai, the first attempt to "capture" darkrai, he's closed his heart and forces the lights away so nothing you do gets through to him.
    Your entry:
    Spoiler:

Execution: 4/5
    TOTAL: 17/20

Comment: I loved Ranger! Such great games. Nice choice! Darkrai itself looks really good. There something about the closer hand that seems a bit off, like maybe the top finger should be the lightest, not the darkest shade? I could be wrong though, because of the capture stylus light. Shading black send like it's pretty difficult, you did a good job. I also really like how you drew the capture stylus thing. For the background, the angles of the crystals look a bit strange though I don't think there's anything technically wrong with them, maybe some shading would help. Overall great job considering you didnt finish it! It still looks pretty much done.

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    I hope I'm not too late!

I'm titling this one 'Glory Days' - the theme is reminiscing on past victories and friendships. Gardy looks back on the early days of the journey, memorialized and surrounded by the trappings of victory.

Gardevoir isn't quite in the same plane as the table, and the shadows didn't quite turn out the way I wanted, but I'm pretty new to drawing so I'm cool with it.

Execution: 4/5
    TOTAL: 17/20

Comment: What a nice idea! I really like the details of all the items on the table, especially the picture. I think you did a great job on the shading on the ground and on the table. They really stand out nicely. But Gardevoir's shading is a bit light so it makes it look kinda flat compared to the table. You did a great job on the angle of Gardevoir's pose though! You did a really great job, I wouldn't have thought you were new to drawing! I really like the way you addressed the theme!
    GCEA

10. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Thank you so much to everyone who entered! It was really nice to see how talented you all are! I hope you'll all keep drawing and sharing it with us :)

Apologies for the delay this week, I have been judging at work since I still don't have internet at my house, but this week was crazy busy so I ended up having to do the final week on my phone... Thanks for your patience!
    GCEA

12. This post has been liked by:

Yeah, the base of the crystal is supposed to be this kind of mass of stubby and wide crystals that make the base look larger but by the time I got my hands on Ranger game to actually check -which I some how miraculously found after it'd been missing for so long- It was either keep re-drawing the crystal base or give the picture a proper background. As for the claw it look like I didn't properly outline that upper finger, which is probably why it looks lighter. I did miss a few spots when I was rush outlining.

VPP

Thanks Sarah! :D I've enjoyed seeing everyone's entries these past few weeks! Everyone did an awesome job.