Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    "I was stupid... So stupid"

[PXFIRE] [SU/DS] PXFIRE II Roleplay: Convergence

The Setting:

Terranis, A world not unlike our own. On the continent of Rakthor, civilization thrived, forming into five distinct countries; Anise, Rutgard, Ernitka, Aluna, and Drusk. Apart from the occasional small skirmish, peace reigned for many centuries.

9 years ago a revolutionary breakthrough was made by Professor Trey Sunding. Prof. Sunding discovered a way to bend space, creating a wormhole that could allow instantaneous travel from one location to another. With the advent of wormhole, the world was brought closer than it had ever been. Each country set up major wormhole depots, linking all around the continent. Everyday life was revolutionized: Motor vehicles became a rarity, as time spent traveling was cut down to however far the nearest wormhole depot was. The borders of countries became more blurred as in a single step you could travel hundreds of miles, going from the capital of Aluna to a Drusk metalwork as quickly and easily as walking out you own front door.

Everything seemed perfect. But alas, no calm comes without a storm.

6 years ago disaster stuck, as Rustol, the capitol city of Ernitka, was hit by a massive earthquake. The shockwaves tore through the largest wormhole depot, the destruction of so many wormhole gates at once causing a chain reaction resulting in an explosion that rendered the entire city a desolate wasteland in moments.
    Upon seeing this destruction, many began to mistrust the wormholes. Rutgard decommissioned ever wormhole in the country, outlawing wormhole travel inside it’s borders, and essentially cutting itself off from the rest of the continent. Meanwhile Drusk believed that it was not the earthquake, but sabotage that caused the devastating explosion, and the culprits were merely using the natural disaster as a cover up. Tensions began to run high between countries, as with Rutgard‘s withdrawal, Drusk’s suspicion fell onto them. Many feared that this could escalate into a full on war.

And that was when the rifts began to appear.

It began with sightings of strange creatures, unlike any that had been seen before. The had tremendous physical strength, and almost magical abilities, such as altering dreams, psycokinetically moving objects, and even controlling the elements themselves. Eyewitness reports claimed that these beings had emerged from what could best be described as tears in reality. These rifts in space lasted only a few hours before disappearing, but the creatures that came though and the destruction they caused remained.
    At first, Drusk believed these creatures were another attack sent by Rutgard, but when Rutgard’s capitol, Redinas, was attacked by one of the monsters, burning half the city to the ground before it could be stopped, Drusk reluctantly agreed that was not the case. Agreeing that these beasts could not be allowed free reign, a unified strike force was created to deal with these newly dubbed “Pokemon.” The forces quickly learned that not all of these creatures were hostile, and eventually the governments began assigning their agents with Pokemon partners to help in their missions.

With more and more pokemon appearing, and tensions still near breaking point, the USF work to quell the fear of these pokemon, and to uncover the truth behind the appearance of the rifts.

The Teams:

Note: this is just a guideline, your character’s motivation and backstory don’t have to match up to these 100% if you don’t want them to.

Agents of Shadow: A group created by the Drusk government. Previously a black ops division, their current job is to get to the rifts first, and capture anything that may come through before the strike force gets there.

Avalon Apostles: The unified emergency services of Aluna, they previously handled policing, rescue, medical, and many other services. With the appearance of the Rifts, a new division has been created, to handle pokemon related issues, and many members are part of the unified strike force.

Sabotage Squadron: A group of rebels, spread throughout the continent, though their main base of operations is in Drusk. They believe that the pokemon shouldn’t be controlled by the government, and everyone should have access to the powers they wield.

The Order of the Sun: Based in Anise, the Order of the Sun is focused on freedom over everything else, working on pokemon conservation areas, and trying to keep the creatures for out of the governments hands.

Locations:

Anise: Known for it’s picturesque beaches, Anise is a top vacation spot, and is often littered with tourists. It’s capitol, Merius, is known for it’s high-end movie productions, and every actor across the land dreams of making it big there.

Rutgard: Mountainous terrain makes up much of this land. The climate is colder that others, and the ground more rocky and barren. It’s capitol, Redinas, is nestled high in the mountains, and is known for it’s frequent snow and haunting music.

Ernitka: Much of the landscape is taken up with deserts. There are relatively few habitable spots compared to the other lands. The new capitol, Sendrel, is build around an oasis, and contains many of the continents largest markets, while Rustol, the former capitol is nothing more than charred remains and a monument to the tragedy.

Aluna: A country more rooted in the past, the stone and wood buildings looking old fashioned, unlike the sleek steel buildings of Drusk. Much of the land is commonly covered in mist, and the Capitol, Erana, is no different, giving it’s high castle-like walls an extra ominous feeling.

Drusk: A bustling metropolis, almost every inch of Drusk in covered in buildings. Factories, shopping centers, residential housing, and even amusement parks cram together so much that it’s sometime hard to tell where one city ends and another begins. It’s capitol is Trinox, a city of towering black metal skyscrapers and smoke belching metalworks.

And here's a badly drawn map:

Name:
    Team:
    Description:
    Personality:
    Backstory:
    Starting Pokemon: (Anything except legendaries.)
    Other:

Rules:
    Follow PXR Rules: It’s happening on this site, so it’s a no-brainer that you need to follow the rules.
    No Godmodding/Bunnying: Don’t make your character invincible, unstoppable, or pretty much god-like. Using knowledge gained out of character also count for this. And no controlling other people’s characters either. Pretty standard rules.
    Try to keep it PG-13. Think more Saturday morning cartoon superheroes and less deadpool.

Accepted Characters:

Nathan "Neo" Winterfield - Neo Emolga - Avalon Apostles

Daniel El Raye - LKWayvern - Sabotage Squadron
    Brent/Angel Hughes - Noblejanobii - Avalon Apostles
    Emmett “Gawain” Marshall - Velojello - Avalon Apostles
    Camellia Estrada - K'sariya - Avalon Apostles
    Eddie Shadolurk - Bulbasaur - Agents of the Shadows
    Leo Star - Morzone - Order of the Sun
    Ezekiel "Zeke" Star - Morzone - Order of the Sun

Judging Guideline:

Each player will be graded by the following categories, with 100 points divided appropriately between all participants of that week based on their scores.

Spelling & Grammar: Self evident; if you post entirely in 1337 text speak then you won’t get many point here. As long as it’s readable, you should do fine.

Driving Force: How vital is your character to the events of the story? A background character simply watching events unfold won’t score as much as one in the heat of the action.

Posting Frequency: While quality is more important, you can only move so far in a single post. A person who post regularly will get more points than the guy who just shows up once a week.

Player Interaction: How much of an impact on the other characters are you making? Whether working with your teammates or against enemy teams (Or even against your teammates or with enemy teams,) the more interaction with other players the better.

Continuity: Did you pull a death ray from out of thin air, with no indication that they even exist? But wait, now the metal tower you’re fighting on is made of glass, and you’ve just fallen through the plot hole you created to your doom! Good use of foreshadowing will score you points here, whereas big continuity errors will lose them.ě
    Last edited by Shruikan; 07-22-2018 at 04:23 PM.

2. This post has been liked by:

Question: are we limited to one character per person, or can we have multiple?

Edit: (this is after LK's post, I just didn't want to add another post for a single question) If Mega evolution is allowed, are Z-moves as well? Would mega stones/Z-crystals appear randomly through the rifts, or would they be carried by pokemon as they came through?
    Last edited by Morzone; 07-14-2018 at 12:25 AM.

VPP

Four questions:
    One, do we begin with only the starter, or can there be other Pokémon on the team? If the former, can new partners be added as the RP progresses?
    Two, is there a hard four-move limit, a larger limit, or is any move the Pokémon can learn fair play?
    Three, do Pokeballs exist yet in this setting? Do healing berries and technology like those found in Pokémon Centers exist? Can Evolution Itens be bought or found, or stat boosting items?
    And four, in the previous question’s vein, are we doing Mega Evolution here, and if so, what limits would it have, and how would it be triggered?

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Another question! How "sapient" are Pokemon? Does intelligence vary between species, or are they all sapient? If so, can they communicate with humans; if yes, how?

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I might give this a shot, since no one from Agents plans to RP. :D

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Question: are we limited to one character per person, or can we have multiple?

Edit: (this is after LK's post, I just didn't want to add another post for a single question) If Mega evolution is allowed, are Z-moves as well? Would mega stones/Z-crystals appear randomly through the rifts, or would they be carried by pokemon as they came through?
    Nope, you can have as many characters as you want :)

As for your second question, I'd say that Z crystals & Mega stone would be carried through the rifts by the pokemon themselves. Z-moves would work the same as Mega evolution, with the same restrictions I mention below, ie. a close bond and a man-made mega bracelet/z-ring gauntlet, and once it's been used both parties are physically exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    Four questions:
    One, do we begin with only the starter, or can there be other Pokémon on the team? If the former, can new partners be added as the RP progresses?
    Two, is there a hard four-move limit, a larger limit, or is any move the Pokémon can learn fair play?
    Three, do Pokeballs exist yet in this setting? Do healing berries and technology like those found in Pokémon Centers exist? Can Evolution Itens be bought or found, or stat boosting items?
    And four, in the previous question’s vein, are we doing Mega Evolution here, and if so, what limits would it have, and how would it be triggered?
    1: I'd say you start with just the one "main" pokemon, maybe two at most. New ones can definitely be added to your team as the story goes along though.

2: No limit on the number of moves, anything that can be learned is fair game.

3: I'd say no to the pokeballs & pokemon center healing so far. The man-made healing like Potions & stat boosters would exist in this world, probably as standard issue form the government. For Berries a few plants would have come through the rift, so while not exactly common, the plants would exist here, though mainly for study.
    Most evolution items would have come through the rifts too, so they'd be hard to find, but not out of the question.

4: Mega evolution would work like the games, where you need a close bond and the mega/key stones. In this case the stones would have been held by the pokemon when it came through the rift, and the keystone & bracelet would be man-made, probably standard issue. It would also be immensely tiring for both parties, so they could only keep it up for a few minutes at most, and would be exhausted afterward, so it would be a more last resort thing. And you'd need an extremely close bond for it to work, so you'd need to have been on a great many missions together beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Another question! How "sapient" are Pokemon? Does intelligence vary between species, or are they all sapient? If so, can they communicate with humans; if yes, how?
    I'd say they're all equally sapient, at about the same level as Pikachu in the anime. They can kind of communicate with humans, but only with actions; Psychic pokemon and ones with auras like Lucario would be able to send thoughts with telepathy, but it would be more feelings than actual words, and otherwise it's more a game of charades to get across the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I might give this a shot, since no one from Agents plans to RP. :D
    Awesome! Hope you do. :3

8. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Following the mega evolution question, can Mega Stones be found for Pokemon be found for Pokemon that do not have mega evolutions in the games?

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Following the mega evolution question, can Mega Stones be found for Pokemon be found for Pokemon that do not have mega evolutions in the games?
    Sure, I'll allow it.

11. This post has been liked by:

I've never done a freeform RP before. Are all characters in the same area, interacting with all others at the same time? Or will there be separate plotlines going where say 3 characters interact with and reply to each other, but in the same thread two others might be pursuing a different story?
    My resurrected stats (still under renovation!):
    http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/sho...3-Evan-s-Stats

@evanfardreamer Mainly the latter. For the most part Everyone will start separately in these kinds of RPs. Some people will start together, especially if one person has two or more characters, but that depends more on the background and role of the character. For instance one person might make two characters that are siblings, so they'd be rather likely to be in the same place together. Similarly, people on the same team (like you and me) have a better chance of starting in the same place. It just depends on how we want to co-ordinate it. Anyway, for an RP of this scale, with a large map that is essentially an entire continent and a limited number of people, there'd have to be a very unifying force to bring us all to the same spot, and even then it'd happen after quite some time. More likely people will gravitate toward who ever feels most natural to end up running into. It's more about keeping the RP feeling like things are moving and people are acting in a natural way, so as to keep the immersion. In terms of plot lines, while each group of interactees will be doing their own thing, everyone should be connected, in some way or another, to one central plot. But like I mentioned previously, this overall plot is something that would develop and bring everyone together slowly. Most of the time, people will be off in their own separate groups focusing on more goals more personal to their own situations.

Now on to my questions:

This RP situation sounds perfect for the rise of an underground evil team-Rocket style organization, And I was hoping to have my character (one of them anyway) secretly be a part of it. But would you prefer it be an organization that is being started, or one already powerful from the shadows, pulling strings? I'm asking because A large multinational evil organization is a fairly large plot piece and since the plot description didn't have anything like that, I didn't want to mess with any plans you had in terms of plot progression/development.

VPP

14. This post has been liked by: