Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

[PXFIRE] Graphic Art!

Welcome everyone to the Graphic Art section of PXFIRE 2018! Hope you guys are ready for an enjoyable time just as I am! I'm sure you're all raring to get to showcasing some amazing artwork! Whether you consider yourself good at art or not, everyone is welcome to join in the fun here! This section is used to showcase creations through computer programs like: Photoshop, GIMP, or any computer programs to create artwork. Even Microsoft Paint counts here! You earn points for participation either way! Teamwork helps to make that dream work! But first, a couple of rules.

Rules!:

• The piece MUST be created by you. Please no stealing others work.
    • Make something completely new. Do not reuse previous artwork.
    • Make sure you stick to "Graphic Artwork" submissions. As this is the Graphic Artwork event.
    • Stick to the PXR rules and don't make anything inappropriate.
    • Overall, just have FUN!

Now how will judging go? Well here's a quick guideline.

Judging::

Theme: Did you manage to stick to the theme given for the week? Yes? Good! Then you'll get yourself a good chunk of points added to your overall score. This one is worth (5 points)

Creativity: How creative was the design? Were there any special details put into these? The overall and technique used in this submission. This one can scale your score up by a whopping (10 points)!

Overall Look: If the setting and design matches how the theme should look and feel it'll help to push this overall score up more. This one is just a final guide to help push your score to it's maximum potential if you go for the gold here! You can get (10 Points) here for this.

Once you submit your creation. Feel free to describe the situation if you feel if can be confusing. Make it in 2-3 sentences if you can. Just nothing too lengthy.

And that's it! You do have to follow the weekly submission period (which will be listed below and each week's theme's will be listed below as well.

Good luck to everyone and have tons of fun!

Weekly Themes

Week 4:

This week's theme (July 15-22) is Types!!

Create an image of your favorite Pokemon with this type! It can consist of one or multiple, but it must consist of ONLY that one particular type. If you choose Electric, all Pokemon in the image must contain Electric type Pokemon. This should be pretty simple if you use something you love the most! Use your favorite as inspiration!

Week 5:

This week's theme (July 22-29) is: A Simple Gift!!

No matter how a gift is. A gift is a gift! Create a Pokemon themed gift for someone. It can be an avatar, banner, or a creation of something on your own. As long as it follows the lines under the rules and Digital Artwork. You're good to go! It can be funny, cheery, or whatever creative jazz you can come up with! You can choose anyone on your team or another team. As long as it fits as a gift for them.

Week 6:

Spoiler:
    Hidden

Current Timer is for Week 5!

Last edited by Chakramaster; 07-25-2018 at 01:10 AM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

When you say create an image do you have any specific dimensions? Are we making like a signature banner?

Also just to check since we had this confusion with drawn art, are we creating stuff like your signature and avatar? Or are we digitally drawing stuff?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    When you say create an image do you have any specific dimensions? Are we making like a signature banner?

Also just to check since we had this confusion with drawn art, are we creating stuff like your signature and avatar? Or are we digitally drawing stuff?
    Thing is, I considered personally Graphic Art anything done "digitally." So even hand drawn works can be counted if it's done using one of these programs. Then again, not everyone else does. So if we all think I need to revise that, then by all mean I have no issues with that. However, if everyone is okay with that then we can go by that as well.

I count anything you can create. Avatar, banner, wallpaper, anything you can come up with that would be something interesting to go with the theme.

The time is upon us...

5. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Alright here we go! I of course picked dark types for my theme!

Spoiler:
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

7. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Okay, I know Emolga is my favorite by far, but I couldn't resist. Because... dragons. DRAGONS!

Spoiler:

9. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

Made this kind of on a whim. I haven't done this in a long time--felt good to make a good ole tag. Haven't done this since like, 2008 on PE2k LOL.

Resource Credits:
    Spoiler:

head ranger / expert curator / ace chronicler
    urpg stats
    / national park stats / deviantart

11. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Getting down to the final day and hours for this week's theme. If you still have plans to submit. Now's your chance! Be sure to get them in before the timer on the thread on my first post expires!

The time is upon us...

It's absolute trash but we needed an entry. XD Fire type, obviously! I pretended I knew anything about graphic art!

14. This post has been liked by:

Bounced around a load of ideas for this but decided to go for a more of a header banner.
    Went for ghost type as it is my favourite type and many of my favourite pokemon are this type.
    The main pokemon here is meant to be Mega Gengar as I love it's design and it's shiny is one of the best in the game I think, but I thought it made sense to put the whole line in there. Here it is.
    Spoiler:

My inspiration was a t-shirt i saw that was a gengar that had a sort of splatter paint texture. I love the messiness of it.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

16. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Week 4 theme is now closed! I'll post up your results momentarily. Be sure to keep a lookout for those.

Meanwhile. WEEK 5!

Week 5's theme this time is: A Simple Gift

No matter how a gift is. A gift is a gift! Create a Pokemon themed gift for someone. It can be an avatar, banner, or a creation of something on your own. As long as it follows the lines under the rules and Digital Artwork. You're good to go! It can be funny, cheery, or whatever creative jazz you can come up with! You can choose anyone on your team or another team. As long as it fits as a gift for them. Be sure to state who it is for or represents in the submission.

As a little clarification. The defined "theme" is a gift. So use Pokémon or something they like in it to determine how it is that it should be designed.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 07-23-2018 at 11:47 AM.

The time is upon us...

18. This post has been liked by: