Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Nathan "Neo" Winterfield (As a Ninetales) + Blitz the Emolga
    Avalon Apostles
    Erana
    ARPers: The Rampaging Mamoswine Squad

Hooo boy. The calamity was way worse than I thought. I was really beginning to think this was a dumb idea and this Mamoswine thing was just out of control completely. What was I going to say to it? "Oh hey, maybe... stop?" Negotiation really wasn't my specialty, but right now I was really the only one that could do this. Humans had no clue what Pokémon were saying and right now I was the only available translator that knew both the languages of humans and Pokémon.

It was crazy to think this one Pokémon was ripping Erana apart, and I could tell it was getting well past the point where nonlethal options were going to be struck out and they were going to have to put this thing down. Geez. As soon as I ran out of the helicopter, I was racing on all fours and feeling the wind in my fur.

While Blitz glided overhead, I ran through multiple streets that were ravaged by this thing, still trying to get used to running on all fours. Still, as I looked at the ravaged streets around me, I could only think one thing. Just wow. I was surprised they hadn't put it down already. When you really factor in for the benefit of the greater good, keeping this thing alive wasn't worth truckloads of dead people.

I ran through the devastation until I got eyes on the culprit itself.

Asleep.

I wasn't sure what they did to it, but it seemed to have worked. Of course, I'm sure whatever sedative that was working on it wouldn't last forever, but with this many people here, this would probably be handled in time.

"Looks like... we're late," Blitz told me, happy the problem was solved, but a little disappointed we weren't really the heroes this time.

"Guess we're not going to find out what provoked this big guy after all," I sighed, hoping maybe we could have figured something out.

Blitz looked around, gliding to the rooftops to get a better view and assess the damage. He then swooped down and rejoined me as I was just chilling in the streets.

"Can't really say for sure what was running through the Mamoswine's head when it was doing all this," Blitz shrugged. "Probably scared. Lost. Has no clue what humans are and what these cities are all about. Everyone probably felt like a threat to the guy. Probably just wanted to go home."

Hmm, seemed like a plausible theory, but I wouldn't know for sure. Still, no one knew how to control these rifts. These Pokémon were stuck in this foreign world and had no choice but to live with it. But like Blitz said, everything was strange to them. They were away from their families and friends, had no clue where to go, and they were homeless, hungry, and totally out of their element.

I'd probably be thinking the same thing if I was dragged to wherever they came from in the first place...

URPG Staff

(( quick post, will be turning NPC medic over to you for whatever you wanna do, Noble! ))

Camellia Estrada & Ajani the Venusaur
    Avalon Apostles
    Erana
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii @Shruikan

The powder races toward the Mamoswine on the remnant breeze from Kayla's Air Slashes, followed up by her own Yawn. A USF individual approaches her, and both she and Ajani cast a glance over to him. Camellia's stance is firm, perhaps somewhat guarded, and Ajani's half-moon eyes don't leave him as he moves. He quietly asks about how long the beast will sleep for.

"Long enough," comes the answer, dry but still managing to be affable. "Should be able to get your own tranqs in underneath the fur." They both watch him as he walks away. The woman's eyes eventually drift to around them, to the rubble and the injured, and she sees Brent on the ground, with Koyla hovering over him. She gives her Venusaur a pat and they run over.

"Oh, *****, Brent," she murmurs beneath her breath as soon as she nears enough to see the pale red of a bloodied bone protruding from his arm. She crouches beside him to take a look, then looks over to Ajani, who has stepped forward with his hulking mass to give the wound a distant but inquisitive sniff. They needed someone to set the bone, and that wasn't her area of expertise. She stands again to wave over a medic. A man dressed in green with a medic pack sees her, and then begins to run over.

head ranger / expert curator / ace chronicler
    urpg stats
    / national park stats / deviantart

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Nathan "Neo" Winterfield (As a Ninetales) + Blitz the Emolga
    Avalon Apostles
    Erana
    ARPers: N/A

Unfortunately, we weren't going to figure out the real reasons why the Mamoswine attacked. Not until it woke up and right now, I didn't think we were going to be around for that. But for now, while the powder kept it asleep, they were going to apply additional sedatives to make sure this Mamoswine wasn't waking up until it was probably in a maximum security cage that could hold just about anything. So in other words, a huge, government underground vault that only certain people had access to. And I could so easily bet I wasn't on that list.

"So what now?" Blitz the Emolga asked me, shrugging with a disappointed look in his eyes.

"Still need to find that Ninetales, but she can be anywhere," I sighed. "Oh yeah, and I need something to bargain with. Heck, I could find her a million times but it means nothing if I don't have something she wants."

"Heh, yeah, she'll just tell you to buzz off and enjoy your curse!" Blitz chuckled. "So, any ideas about what she might want?"

Something valuable enough to undo a 1,000 year curse? Beats me. I had no idea what she wanted. And if I tried asking her, I highly doubted she would cooperate. There was only one thing that came to mind.

"I think the only thing she'd be interested in is a rift to head back to where she came from," I told Blitz.

"Yeah, but... you don't have that!" Blitz countered, looking surprised I would even mention that. "No one has that. You might as well suggest giving her a magical lamp with a genie that grants wishes."

He had a point. The only other ideas I had were kind of evil and involved trapping her, blackmailing her, and doing all kinds of other grizzly stuff to fork over a way to get this undone. Nah, I wasn't the type to do that, but that did put me in a tight spot with trying to come up with appeasement ideas.

And then I thought in another way. Maybe if I couldn't send her home, build a home for her right here. I mean, I had the finances for it. Well, all that was earned when I was still human, but I could use that money and make something nice for her. Exactly how she wanted it and where. Maybe that could get this mess undone. I just had to find her now and ask what her dream home would be and if that was enough to get this curse undone.

Or, well, the other option was to just get used to being a Ninetales from now on. I mean really, if this was my life now, it actually wasn't all THAT bad. But, I preferred not getting too used to it.