You lose everything.

You lose everything in a fire, what is the first thing you'd try to replace?

Like, everything? Including my family? And cat? D:

I think I'd be too overwhelmed to replace anything. I'd probably just make sure I had warm clothes.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

That would be massively painful...

I would try to see what renter's insurance would cover and work up from there. Start with the necessities, work with what's cheap for a little while (not a fan of store brand things but I'll work with them), and go on from there until I was back on my feet. Thankfully what I have in the bank wouldn't have gotten burned, but I'd have to dip into everything in there. But there's a lot of things that money can never replace.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Assuming it's a house fire.

First thing (and probably hardest) would be my car. Legit, I don't know how I'd cope without it. I haven't been without a car in nearly three years (and even then last time was only for two months, and I'd had a car for a year before that), and I rely on it heavily. It gets me to my social events and gives me freedom to be where I want when I want. It gets me to my job (which I'd need to replace other lost items). It impresses girls. My car cost me $5000 5 years ago when I bought it (it was twelve years old). It is now nearly 18 years old and still going strong, but to replace it would probably cost me $3000 now. That being said, that 5k can get me the newer model...

Secondly would be my camera gear. Camera is worth 1k used, and my lenses probably total to 1.2k.

Luckily I store my guitar (and my harddrive with my photo backup) in my office at church, so they aren't lost in the fire ;)

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I don't even know. I might not replace much and just start over. It wouldn't be the same buying new items with sentimental meaning.
    GCEA