Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GCEA: Sinnoh League (Sign-Up Forms) Open

You were strong, but I was stronger. It's maths!
    Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    This could be really good news or really bad news.

I am from Australia, and about half the people in this are as well. I am using Australian time. We are almost a day ahead. GCEA doesn't start in a day... It starts in 40 minutes... ;) Enjoy
    Oh yeah. Sorry, I was confused. I honestly thought it was still sunday. >_< I need more sleep...

Banner and Avatar made by Neo Emolga

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Bulbasaur I'm still meaning to sign up xD Let's do it!
    GCEA

3. This post has been liked by:

Red face

Is it too late to join?

Story Version: Pearl
    Name: Palila Rae
    Appearance: Palila has dark hair with bright streaks of colour- the streaks seem to change seasonally and her mother thinks its just a phase. She has a dark tan and muscly body, often doing chores outside, swimming, climbing trees, as well as trying to learn to skateboard to impress the other kids. She wears athletic clothing, and is usually styled somewhere between a 90's skater style and bright raver punk.
    Height/Weight: 1.7m (fairly tall) 75kg (muscular heavy)
    Personality: Palila, while trying to fit in with punks and cool kids and sometimes faking the harshness and meanness, is mostly just a flexible individual. She has a very practical and problem-solving kind of mind, which can make her sometimes seem dismissive of other peoples emotions and problems. When it comes to family though, she will beat up anyone- she often takes responsibility for her brothers, looks out for them, and won't let anyone say a bad word about her mum.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Flexible, Practical, Streetwise, Outdoorsy, Protective

Backstory:
    1. Family: Her mother, and two younger brothers whom she lives with. Her grandfather lives on a different island, but visits.
    2. Pokemon experience: Brawling with Pokemon for berries, trying to avoid poisonous pokemon while in the sea, learning to mantine surf and helping clear out pest nests of ekans or rattata near her house. Her mother owned a mantine herself, and a cloud of fletchling also hung around on the front lawn.
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: Palila had never formally owned a pokemon, and saw them as mostly wild creatures, to be dealt with or left alone in everyday life. While out surfing with her brothers one day, she encountered a tentacruel who stung all three of them. She had to tore the tendrils from her weeping siblings and grit her teeth as it stung her hands. They staggered home in pain. Afterwards, as her mother treated their stings, she chided Palila for letting her brothers get hurt. Palila realized that in order to look after those she loved, she might need a creature more powerful than herself. She decided she needed to become a pokemon trainer.
    4. Special Talents: A slight poison resistance?
    Special Pokemon: Fletchling
    Personal Goals: Become strong enough that no pokemon, or human, could threaten her or her family.
    Pet Peeves: People who use scooters (ew!) Goths (wtf!) People who don't care about their family (No respect!) Bitter foods (Blech! medicine!)
    Region: Alola
    Favorite Pokemon: Carvanha (Its so cool, working as a team, looking so formidable, and what a killer bite!)
    Favorite Type: Flying

What starter Pokemon: Piplup
    Drawing or Writing: Drawing OR Writing! Leaning towards drawing
    Contest Starter: ( For those of you who enter the writing submission you will be able to claim a starter from the region you picked)
    Side Notes: I've never joined this before, so please tell me if I'm doing things wrong!
    Last edited by Lychee; 02-20-2019 at 03:40 AM.

5. This post has been liked by:

Mary Mary tell me how your garden grows. Desolate Divine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Is it too late to join?

Story Version: Pearl
    Name: Palila Rae
    Appearance: Palila has dark hair with bright streaks of colour- the streaks seem to change seasonally and her mother thinks its just a phase. She has a dark tan and muscly body, often doing chores outside, swimming, climbing trees, as well as trying to learn to skateboard to impress the other kids. She wears athletic clothing, and is usually styled somewhere between a 90's skater style and bright raver punk.
    Height/Weight: 1.7m (fairly tall) 75kg (muscular heavy)
    Personality: Palila, while trying to fit in with punks and cool kids and sometimes faking the harshness and meanness, is mostly just a flexible individual. She has a very practical and problem-solving kind of mind, which can make her sometimes seem dismissive of other peoples emotions and problems. When it comes to family though, she will beat up anyone- she often takes responsibility for her brothers, looks out for them, and won't let anyone say a bad word about her mum.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Flexible, Practical, Streetwise, Outdoorsy, Protective

Backstory:
    1. Family: Her mother, and two younger brothers whom she lives with. Her grandfather lives on a different island, but visits.
    2. Pokemon experience: Brawling with Pokemon for berries, trying to avoid poisonous pokemon while in the sea, learning to mantine surf and helping clear out pest nests of ekans or rattata near her house. Her mother owned a mantine herself, and a cloud of fletchling also hung around on the front lawn.
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: Palila had never formally owned a pokemon, and saw them as mostly wild creatures, to be dealt with or left alone in everyday life. While out surfing with her brothers one day, she encountered a tentacruel who stung all three of them. She had to tore the tendrils from her weeping siblings and grit her teeth as it stung her hands. They staggered home in pain. Afterwards, as her mother treated their stings, she chided Palila for letting her brothers get hurt. Palila realized that in order to look after those she loved, she might need a creature more powerful than herself. She decided she needed to become a pokemon trainer.
    4. Special Talents: A slight poison resistance?
    Special Pokemon: Fletchling
    Personal Goals: Become strong enough that no pokemon, or human, could threaten her or her family.
    Pet Peeves: People who use scooters (ew!) Goths (wtf!) People who don't care about their family (No respect!) Bitter foods (Blech! medicine!)
    Region: Alola
    Favorite Pokemon: Carvanha (Its so cool, working as a team, looking so formidable, and what a killer bite!)
    Favorite Type: Flying

What starter Pokemon: Piplup
    Drawing or Writing: Drawing OR Writing! Leaning towards drawing
    Contest Starter: ( For those of you who enter the writing submission you will be able to claim a starter from the region you picked)
    Side Notes: I've never joined this before, so please tell me if I'm doing things wrong!
    Accepted! Looking forward to having you join us! If you have discord, add me on Desolate Divine#0902, so we can introduce Palila to the story.

Stay tuned as I will mention you and the others in a post I will make soon.

Also, feel free to still enter the introduction contest in order to claim a starter from Alola for your team. The link can be found here
    Sophie's Trainer Card
    Paired with the awesome FedoraChar.