Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Story Version: Platinum

Name: Kindrea "Kinnie" Gutamen

Appearance: Here. Medium skin toned, somewhat tall and slender. Short dark blue hair that has two strips framing her face. It spikes out at the sides. She wears black overalls over a bluey-green top, which is mostly obscured by a small shawl draped over her shoulders and chest. She wears boots and carries a red side bag. She has a small bracelet made of woven leather from her father.

Height/Weight: 5'7", 130lbs

Personality: Kinnie is reserved and untrusting, often questioning people's motives. She likes to make judgements based on small observations and body language, preferring not to engage in excessive conversation. However, around people she is comfortable with, Kinnie can be a bit more open. She has trouble understanding some humour, and rarely makes jokes of her own. Her smiles are rare. She has an innocent curiosity about her which sometimes distracts her, and is always eager to learn.

Backstory:

1. Family: Kinnie is an only child and a product of a single father whose care for her was great and plentiful, but lacked a lot of emotion. He taught her many valuable life skills and often took her out camping and hiking, and tested her survival skills. She was educated less than the average child, as her father saw academia as less important than practical, useful skills. As a result she never made solid friendships and has been devoid of any close relationships. Her father smiled rarely, but whenever he smiled, so would Kinnie.

2. Pokemon experience: Kinnie has only ever seen pokemon as a means to an end. A helping hand, a useful bodyguard, or an accessory. This is born not from a disregard for them, but more because that was how she was taught to see them. She has had one pokemon her whole life who she has always treated well, but similarly to how her father parented her, she raised her pokemon practically rather than emotionally, but never harmed or pushed them too hard.

3. Past experience that has defined your character: Her upbringing mostly, and an absence of peer relationships has had an impact on her social skills--or lack thereof.

4. Special Talents: Kinnie has had experience out in the wilderness and can pretty stealthily track other creatures, and is aware of basic survival necessities. She has basic archery training.

Special Pokemon: The one pokemon Kinnie reared and kept was a meditite, who later evolved into a medicham.

Personal Goals: Kinnie never really had personal goals. (Will probably develop these as time goes on.)

Pet Peeves: Arrogance, unnecessary loud noises, cruelty, chatterboxes.

Region: Alola

Favorite Pokemon: N/A

Favorite Type: No favourites, but partial to grass, dark and flying.

Starter Pokemon: Turtwig

Drawing or Writing: Both

Contest Starter: Rowlet

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Story Version: Platinum

Name: Kindrea "Kinnie" Gutamen

Appearance: Here. Medium skin toned, somewhat tall and slender. Short dark blue hair that has two strips framing her face. It spikes out at the sides. She wears black overalls over a bluey-green top, which is mostly obscured by a small shawl draped over her shoulders and chest. She wears boots and carries a red side bag. She has a small bracelet made of woven leather from her father.

Height/Weight: 5'7", 130lbs

Personality: Kinnie is reserved and untrusting, often questioning people's motives. She likes to make judgements based on small observations and body language, preferring not to engage in excessive conversation. However, around people she is comfortable with, Kinnie can be a bit more open. She has trouble understanding some humour, and rarely makes jokes of her own. Her smiles are rare. She has an innocent curiosity about her which sometimes distracts her, and is always eager to learn.

Backstory:

1. Family: Kinnie is an only child and a product of a single father whose care for her was great and plentiful, but lacked a lot of emotion. He taught her many valuable life skills and often took her out camping and hiking, and tested her survival skills. She was educated less than the average child, as her father saw academia as less important than practical, useful skills. As a result she never made solid friendships and has been devoid of any close relationships. Her father smiled rarely, but whenever he smiled, so would Kinnie.

2. Pokemon experience: Kinnie has only ever seen pokemon as a means to an end. A helping hand, a useful bodyguard, or an accessory. This is born not from a disregard for them, but more because that was how she was taught to see them. She has had one pokemon her whole life who she has always treated well, but similarly to how her father parented her, she raised her pokemon practically rather than emotionally, but never harmed or pushed them too hard.

3. Past experience that has defined your character: Her upbringing mostly, and an absence of peer relationships has had an impact on her social skills--or lack thereof.

4. Special Talents: Kinnie has had experience out in the wilderness and can pretty stealthily track other creatures, and is aware of basic survival necessities. She has basic archery training.

Special Pokemon: The one pokemon Kinnie reared and kept was a meditite, who later evolved into a medicham.

Personal Goals: Kinnie never really had personal goals. (Will probably develop these as time goes on.)

Pet Peeves: Arrogance, unnecessary loud noises, cruelty, chatterboxes.

Region: Alola

Favorite Pokemon: N/A

Favorite Type: No favourites, but partial to grass, dark and flying.

Starter Pokemon: Turtwig

Drawing or Writing: Both

Contest Starter: Rowlet
    Approved! However until the story is written, Rowlet won't be usable. Don't worry, you will have Turtwig soon!

3. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

ARE YOU GCEA READY?

GCEA Sinnoh starts in a matter of hours. Here are some things to make sure you have done, so that you can jump straight in!
    1. Have you created your trainer card? Trainer cards belong here. There are also some threads with examples on how to make a nice, clean trainer card.

2. Have you downloaded the GCEA Battle Calculator? It can be found here. Make sure you give the post a quick read before you click the link. If I have people telling me that they can't fill it in, and I find they haven't read that they need to create their own copy, there will be little sympathy. There will be a Pokemon battle fairly early in the story, and unless you decide you want to learn to battle by hand, (which I'd encourage however it is tricky, so stick with the calculator for now) I'd make sure to give it a squiz.

3. If you haven't completed your short story, you have until the timer hits 0 to submit it and be able to use the starter acquired in that straight away. If you haven't, your starter won't be usable until it is submitted. Details about the short story can be found here.

Other than that, GCEA Sinnoh is ready to go and will begin when this hits 0....
    @Rival Max @Suicune's Fire @Noblejanobii @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @AWA1997 @Shruikan @evanfardreamer @Brettles

5. This post has been liked by:

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Well, I went full on NaNoWriMo and finished the story. No re-reading or editing though, so it's a mess. I think I got everything it needed though?
    Anyway, only one day to go! :D

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    Well, I went full on NaNoWriMo and finished the story. No re-reading or editing though, so it's a mess. I think I got everything it needed though?
    Anyway, only one day to go! :D
    This could be really good news or really bad news.

I am from Australia, and about half the people in this are as well. I am using Australian time. We are almost a day ahead. GCEA doesn't start in a day... It starts in 40 minutes... ;) Enjoy

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

GCEA SINNOH IS OFFICIALLY OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    GCEA SINNOH IS OFFICIALLY OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
    So its too late to sign up now?

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    So its too late to sign up now?
    Not at all. You're welcome to sign up. If you're really quick, you might be able to get in before the first event!

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    Not at all. You're welcome to sign up. If you're really quick, you might be able to get in before the first event!
    I have to work. I thought I had more time...

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I have to work. I thought I had more time...
    It's all good. Some of the best GCEA'ers didn't start at the beginning. *Cough* Brettles...