garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar

Longest Work Period

What's the craziest, longest shift you've ever worked?

I think mine is about 11 hours.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, I've hit 11 hours as well. At that point, I start losing focus and I don't even do a good job anymore. And if there's still too much left to do, I toss in the towel and say hey, I'll either get it done tomorrow or this is the best job I could do with the time I had, but I can't just burnout and expect to keep doing quality work.

Not sure about actual work shifts since all my jobs have been more of a "As long as you get it done on time you can do it whenever" type thing. But if we're counting longest period of time working... I once had to pull two back to back all nighters for a class project? I lived in the lab that weekend. And my summer course was basically 8-12 hours a day- even weekends.

Administrator

At work, about 10 1/2 hours from what I remember. I think it was due to how so many people didn’t show up one day compared to just how busy it was. Luckily for the most part things are gonna change a bit. So it’ll be more set to the 8-9 hours a day. New jobs I’m looking at though are close to the 9+. So dunno how things will get in the future.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I have opened and closed in the same day. Work my 8 hour normal schedule go home take my meds and a nap and then come back to work to close because someone didn't show up for work. So 9:30-5 come home for a few hours and then 10pm-2am. Only reason I did it is because I knew I didn't have to work the next day. xD
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

The longest I've been at work actually working is 13 hours so far. Had to stay late to finish an experiment. It's not that uncommon in my field I don't think. I know some people who had to sleep at work for a few days because they had to collect data every 6 hours xD
    GCEA