Thread: Podcasts

Podcasts

What is your take on podcasts?

Do you view podcasts as a medium of educating yourself without traditional gatekeepers filtering out what content you consume, and/or serving as a gateway towards source material? A means of replacing mainstream media outlets' domination of the overall (political/cultural) narrative, or as a alternative to such outlets? Perhaps serving as a means of white noise filling the void in your consciousness?

Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which do you consume regularly?

Mine are:

I consider these more or less the same category, just Dangerous History has a bit more of a libertarian/anarcho-capitalist take on historical events; while Hardcore History episodes are more in a style of audiobooks, so each episode could be considered (very) long.

Just as mentioned above, their communities overlap quite a bit. The Dark Pixel crew tends to focus a bit more on games (in particular, plot construction & story execution), while Lorerunner covers a broad range of topics within the "geek" community. The Dark Pixel crew conducts livestream podcasts on Youtube usually Tuesday evening ~20:00 hours MST, and Lorerunner usually conducts his Loreweek streams every Sunday ~10:00 hours EST on Twitch (posting archived streams at the link posted). Note that Dark Pixel is currently undergoing an overall rebranding project, so this may change in the near-distant future. I have yet to find any other 'entertainers' (for lack of a better term) that cover the topics they cover which hit the right notes without getting too obnoxious or dull in presentation.

Once again, I place these two in a venn diagram of their own (noticing a trend?) Those these are very similar in topics they explore, the Mind Pump crew tends to more focus on the fitness industry (which is their expertise), while Ben Greenfield goes more into the biohacking aspects of holistic health via "better living through science."

I could list more, but that would take up way too much bandwidth.
    3DS Information
    Mii Name: Sir Nick
    Friend Code 0817-4646-8596

Pokemon X
    In-Game Name: Nick
    Friend Safari Type: Rock (Boldore // Corsola // Rhydon)

Pokemon Ultra Sun
    In-Game Name: Nick

Social Media Handles
    Discord CrimsonMajestic#1123
    Twitter SirSpur
    Instagram SirSpur
    Gab.ai SirSpur
    Diaspora SirSpur

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I never really got into podcasts. I used to listen to one about the history of metal music, but I stopped for whatever reason. I guess it wasn't holding my interest well enough.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

I don't listen to any full ones, but I catch snippets of some on YouTube, like from Jim Cornette and clips of the CU podcast with Pat and Ian who are pretty cool guys