There were several champions crowned but only one of them can brag to their friends in high school.
The Pokemon World Championships was only a week ago. People of all ages were crown champion with one of them being Jacob Waller. During the span of a weekend, Waller was crowned Pokken Tournament Champion in the Masters division.
Jacob Waller is only fourteen years old and currently attends high school in Oak Forest. He was one of the youngest competitors in the Master division in Pokken Tournament. Yet, against all odds he went on to become the first American World Champion for Pokken.
You may not have heard of the name Jacob Waller but you may know his screenname. He goes by ThanksAlot and had to face players older then him from all over the world for his title. In the finals, Jacob faced Japanese player, TARUTARO, using his faithful Sceptile main. The two had previous played where TARUTARO and his Gengar beat Jacob’s Sceptile. In the end Jacob defeated the Gengar and proceeded to be crown champion.
“I was nervous toward the end of the tournament. There was a huge sense of relief when I finally won.”
Waller may have been nervous towards the end of the tournament. Though, at the end of the day he had an amazing experience. He has now return home and it sounds like news of his championship has gotten around.
“Some people call me the Pokemon master at school. I thought that was cool.”
Waller received $6000 dollars for his title. He plans to save up the money to help pay for college. They young champion is hoping to use his championship title to help springboard him college and scholarships. After all, it takes great determination and focus to become a champion.
“They’ll see my determination and that I try my best and succeed. I feel like that’ll help me out.”
Jacob may not know which school he will attend but he does have plans. He plans to get develop and design video games in his future.
Best of luck to Jacob in his future endvours with Pokken Tournament and beyond!
Source: Chicago Tribune
The post Thoughts from Who Teen Wins Championship appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.