Binary (N/A)
    Egg: N/A
    Items:
    Spoiler:

Pokeball x1
    Great Ball x1
    Voucher for a Free Limiter Berry

Current Game Points: 21 (+1)

A short while after regrouping with the rest of the team, a budew approached Neith curiously. Neith briefly considered catching it, but she didn’t want anymore pokemon getting dragged into this.
    “Nemesis, try and scare it off.”
    The staravia nodded, then with a wicked glint in her eye swooped at the plant pokemon, only missing by a centimeter, then turning in for another swoop. Before they could however, the terrified budew fled back into the grass.

Attacker: Nemesis the staravia
    Opponents: Budew
    Attacker's Point Value: 14
    Opponent's Point Value: 12
    Bonuses: Evo bonus -7 Flying>Grass -0
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 9
    Opponent's Remaining Points: 0

Only after did she realise that that might have made her stand out. How many people intentionally scare off a wild pokemon? Or was it a common thing amongst experienced trainers? She should had read more past beginner tips back home.

As they moved on, Neith saw Sophie challenged by another trainer, and Amy had trained her pokemon a bit. Seeing the battles gave Neith an idea. That charizard had been way too much for them, but not indestructible. If everyone got just a little stronger, then next time might be different…

Some of her pokemon could do with some training, and having a battle would be a good way to blend in.
    She glanced around at the rest of the group. Everyone seemed busy and doing their own thing. Amy and Sophie had just battled, so they’d be tired and their pokemon weaker. Not as good choices. Matthias might be open to it, but she’d seen his pokemon, they were more thieves than fighters. Then her eyes settles on Rae.
    She was pretty sure she knew everyone else’s pokemon, as she had seen them caught. But Rae hadn’t been with the group as much, so her pokemon were a mystery to Neith.
    Rae looked in a bad mood, but maybe a battle would help? Something to take her mind off everything, or with which to take her anger out?

Neith approached Rae, making an effort to appear cheerful.
    “Um. Hey, so… Well, I kinda need to train some of my pokemon, and I was thinking the fastest way would be if we had a battle? Oh, I don’t mean that I think I’ll win or anything. Arceus, that could have been interpreted to sound so conceited. I just mean that I know the least about your pokemon, so I’ll get more experience from this too. Um… So how about it?” She ended meekly.

Trainer Neith would like to battle:

Phalanx ♂ (5/5)
    Bug/Poison

Wren ♂ (8/8)
    Electric

Eevee ♂ (25/25)
    Normal

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (25/25) Staravia (17/17) Prinlup (25/25) Wingull (25/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (15/15) Eevee -shiny (25/25)
    Partner Pokemon: Chatot
    Posts to hatch egg: Trash Burmy (12/20)
    Items: 7x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8)

Palila flicked her gaze up to Neith and nearly threw her fake glasses clear off her face. She caught them with one hand and settled them back onto her nose. It was a very awkward movement.

"A battle? Really?" She sounded exasperated, but didn't say no.
    "Fine. I can't use this new pokemon because the ball locked, but I've still got some." She dug her hand into the pocket of her coat and brought out three pokeballs.

Staravia [17/17]
    Oricorio - sensu style [15/15]
    Eevee [25/25]

"I'll let you go first, since I can't imagine you'll win with a weedle on your team." She sneered, stepping back.
    "If you win I'll give you a heal ball- if I win I want your greatball. No point battling for nothing, right?"

((ooc I'm on mobile and using the spreadsheet/typing up a battle is tedious and difficult, so you can do it- I hear whoever runs the battle gets an advantage?))

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Trainer Name: Neith Nimr
    Pokemon:

Fennel ♀ (6/6)

Escutcheon ♂ (18/18)

Nemesis ♀ (14/14)

Eevee ♂ (25/25)

Phalanx ♂ (5/5)

Wren ♂ (8/8)
    Partner Pokemon:

Binary (N/A)
    Egg: N/A
    Items:
    Spoiler:

Pokeball x1
    Great Ball x1
    Voucher for a Free Limiter Berry

Current Game Points: 22 (+1, -15)

Neith frowned slightly when Palila mentioned a wager. But if this was the rice of training, so be it. Not like she was going to catch any more pokemon anyway.

“Sure, you’re on.”

Battle:
    Spoiler:
    Attacker: Eevee
    Opponents: Eevee
    Attacker's Point Value: 25
    Opponent's Point Value: 25
    Bonuses: N/A
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 0

Attacker: Phalanx the Weedle
    Opponents: Oricorio-Sensu
    Attacker's Point Value: 5
    Opponent's Point Value: 15
    Bonuses: Flying > Bug -0
    Opponent's Remaining Points: 10

Attacker: Wren the Shinx
    Opponents: Oricorio-Sensu
    Attacker's Point Value: 8
    Opponent's Point Value: 10
    Bonuses: Electric > Flying -5
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 3

Attacker: Wren the Shinx
    Opponents: Staravia
    Attacker's Point Value: 3
    Opponent's Point Value: 17
    Bonuses: Evo -0 Shinx, Electric > Flying -7 Staravia
    Opponent's Remaining Points: 7

Pokémon You're Evolving: Wren the Shinx
    Pokémon it Evolves Into: Luxio
    Evolution Point Requirement: 15
    Points On-Hand: 22
    Points After Evolution: 7
    Link to stats: Porygon in Sig

The Eevees were up first. They moved almost in sync, matching each other blow for blow. Every faint and dodge was predicted by the other, and quickly both were sprawled on the ground next to each other, obviously unable to continue the fight.

Phalanx was next. This was Phalanx’s first battle, and he was at a disadvantage no less.
    “Don’t worry about failure, your goal is to do as much damage as possible and learn for future battle.”

Phalanx dodged the first few blows, but due to the focus on dodging was unable to connect a blow himself.
    Finally, instead of avoiding the attack, Phalanx waited until the last second, the stabbed at the Oricorio head on. Phalanx was sent flying by the attack, falling unconscious to the ground, but he had left a small injury with his opponent.

Last one.
    Wren was the last to step up to the plate. Having watched the previous round, Wren dodged most of the blows at first. With the injury, the Oricorio moved slower, allowing Wren’s counter attacks.
    However, no-one is infallible. Wren slipped on a loose rock as he sidestepped, falling right into one of his opponents attacks.
    Down but not out, the Shinx connected with a Spark, finishing off the Oricorio.

Standing over his fallen foe, breathing hard and barely standing. Wren began to glow. His muscles morphed and his limbs stretched, until he stood there as a Luxio.

Neith had to resist running over the hug them. There’s still a battle going one, she reminded herself.

Wren’s final opponent was the Staravia. Tired as he was, Wren managed a single Spark which scorched the wing of his opponent, before falling to the counter attack.

“Well, I guess you win.” Neith handed over the Great Ball, not even trying to hide her smile. It was a small loss considering what Wren had gained.
    “Thank you for the battle”

(Had Wren evolve for story, but gameplay wise he was a Shinx through the whole battle to keep it fair.)

4. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (25/25) Staravia (7/17) Prinlup (25/25) Wingull (25/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (0/15) Eevee -shiny (0/25)
    Posts to hatch egg: Trash Burmy (13/20)
    Items: 1x Greatball 7x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8)

Palila reached her hand out to Staravia, who flew to it dutifully, looking a little tattered. It puffed itself up, looking proud and strong.
    "I guess I did. "
    Palila caught the greatball with her other hand.

Pokemon leveling up: Staravia
    Level: 17 --> 25 (8 levels)
    Point cost: 16
    Final points after levelling: 53 - 16 = 37

"Looks like the battle was good for both of us. " She remarked to Staravia with a grin.
    If you feel like getting beaten again, try me anytime, nerd." She remarked to Neith, partially because she had forgotten Neiths new name, and partially because, well, she kinda WAS a nerd.

Boosted in mood and confidence, Palila strode to the front of the group.
    "Where are we going now? Come ON. We don't need to hang out on this barren route anymore." She urged the others forwards.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (14/14) Emperor (16/16) Arc (15/15) *Unnamed* (5/5) Enigma (30/30) Eevee (25/25)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 204
    Time: 10am
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Kinnie, Matthias, Palila, Drake, Marina, Cody

"North." I replied to Palila, "If we can, I'd like to get to Eterna City before nightfall. Put as much distance between us and Jubilife as we can. Then tomorrow we can cross Mt. Coronet and we should be a bit better off on the eastern side of Sinnoh."

We continued along, eventually finding ourselves at a cave entrance. It seemed like the only way forward was through here.

"I hope nobody is scared of the dark." I said jokingly.

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (25/25) Staravia (15/25) Prinlup (25/25) Wingull (25/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (0/15) Eevee -shiny (0/25)
    Posts to hatch egg: Trash Burmy (14/20)
    Items: 1x Greatball, 7x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8)

Palila nodded, face flat and determined.
    "Right. Eterna. Crossing the Mountain. On the run." She summarised, and stepped into the cave, letting out her Dartrix.
    "Being afraid of the dark would be ridiculous compared to things we should ACTUALLY be afraid of. " She mumbled, planting her hand on her Pokemons feathery head for support.
    "Dartrix, make it a Sunny Day in here! Lighten this farfetch'd field!" She shouted, and a blaze of fiery light burst from Dartix's beak, forming a clear ball in the cave, like a miniature sun. She tilted her head towards the rest of the group.
    "Into the hole, my sandy shrews. Bring your own light."
    Last edited by Lychee; 06-10-2019 at 04:28 AM.

Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokémon: (6/6)
    | Hannig♂ | 18/18
    | Vilne♂ | 15/15
    | Fiona♀ | 15/15
    | Guinness♂ | 18/18
    | Beluga♀ | 15/15
    | Lonroch♀ | 14/14
    Items: x19, x1, x2, x1, x1
    Total Posts: 51

Kinnie had been out of it since she had been slammed into the ground by that horridly powerful man. Her grotle had helped her remain functional, as well as anyone else who she might not have properly noticed. She had tried to follow along with what everyone else was doing, somewhat passively moving along with the group. The quieter she was until she was feeling more rested, the better...

When a budew jumped out at her, she silently released Lonroch, and a swift capture was made.

Pokémon using: Lonroch the Staravia
    Pokémon trying to catch: Budew
    Point Requirement: 12
    Item Being Used/Quantity: Poke ball
    Points On Hand: 46
    Points After: 34

When the budew was caught, Kinnie dropped the ball into her bag and recalled her pokemon.

She heard Sophie speak of travelling through Mount Coronet to reach Eterna City, and frankly, she had no knowledge of either location. Still trying to gain her bearings, she stumbled along behind the group. She was greeted by unpleasant light originating from Palila, and Kinnie winced as she heard the girl's advice following the glow. She did not possess a fire type, so she grasped Vilne's poke ball and released him.

"Lux?" he murmured, seemingly concerned.

She tried to find words, which took her a good few seconds. "Use some sparks...a bit...for light."

The luxio seemed to mostly understand, and a small crackle of electricity leaped lowly across his coat. Kinnie gave a small nod and entered the cave mouth, her pokemon in tow.

9. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (25/25) Staravia (15/25) Prinlup (25/25) Wingull (25/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (0/15) Eevee -shiny (0/25)
    Posts to hatch egg: Trash Burmy (15/20)
    Items: 1x Greatball, 7x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8)

Palila padded on ahead, vaguely aware of Kinnie ducking into the cave behind her. Sunny Day wasn't the most effective of lighting strategies, but she stood nice and close to her Dartrix due to the extra heat. It felt nice. In reality, the cave didn't seem all that dark to begin with- one could probably make it through here without using a torch.

The path was uneven and rocky- it was hard to tell where to go! Big boulders lay around in the darkness, casting eerie shadows around the cave as she moved through. Palila stuck to the left wall, winding and scrambling her way over the rocks. As she came to an especially large one, she let out Prinplup.
    "Hey -- hey!" She shouted at it, as Dartrix and Prinplup both eyed each other off- looking like they might try to brawl again now that they had both evolved "Leave Dartrix alone. You're here to do a JOB, missy." She scolded, and pointed to the rock.
    "Beat that up, if you want to beat up anything. Show off, c'mon. Don't you know how to rock smash?"

Prinplup trilled, puffing up its chest and throwing itself at the rock. Palila and Dartrix charged up after it, ready to break through.
    SMASH!
    Rubble went flying everywhere, and Palila lost her footing on the ground. Dartrix copped a piece of rubble and Sunny Day ended, sending the three of them tumbling forward in the gloom.

Splish Splosh
    SPLASH
    The two birds and their trainer landed knee deep in something wet. Prinplup didn't seem to mind, and floated on its belly in the shallows. Dartrix shook its head and feathers slightly, because the water was cold.

"Uh... hello?" Palila stood up shakily, feeling around in the dim light.
    She had the slight feeling she'd gone the wrong way.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (18/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (14/14)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (22/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (18/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Apollo (22/22)
    [Spritzee, Male]
    Martini (14/14)
    [Quilava, Female]
    Temporary Partner: King Leer the Shiny Budew
    Items: x4 Pokeballs, Fresh Water

As they entered the cave, Amy didn't really feel like sending Martini back out, so she stuck close to Palila since the trainer had commanded her Dartrix to use Sunny Day. She had finished her coffee by now and was simply clutching the empty cup so she didn't litter anywhere. She still felt groggy though, not really in the best of moods due to their situation and lack of sleep. She listened in silence as Palila broke up another fight between her rivaling birds and had her Prinplup break some rubble obstructing their way.

Amy barely had time to react as rubble went flying everywhere and she felt Palila fall in front of her, causing her to tumble as well. Amy rolled a little before landing face first into the water. She pushed herself up and gasped before sputtering, not prepared to have been submerged for a couple seconds. She took a few deep breathes when she heard Palila's voice. Amy coughed a couple more times before mustering a weak, "Here." Grasping at one of her pokeballs, she sent out first Hunter and then Martini, letting the Quilava rest on her shoulders. Quickly realizing the forty pound animal was a bit too heavy for her shoulders, Amy moved Martini over to Hunter, who seemed to hold her with no issue. "Martini, give us a light please." The quilava ignited her flames, lighting up the cavern a bit.

Amy looked over at Palila and smiled a little. "Zygarde above I probably look like a clown." She laughed a little. "What a day to only have waterproof mascara and eyeliner am I right?"
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Posts to hatch egg: Trash Burmy (16/20)

Palila let go of a breath she didn't realize she was holding when Amy made herself known. The small amounts of light from letting pokemon in and out of a ball didn't do much, but Martini's light did something. She looked down at her own pokemon, debating whether to put them away, and wondering if she should give them nicknames like everyone else seemed to. She was surprisingly slow to name pokemon- despite giving humans nicknames immediately.
    As Amy's voice echoed over to her, Palila turned around.

"M..mascara?" Her voice was incredulous, scanning Amy's face for the sign it was a joke.
    Surely, surely it was a joke- but maybe not the same way it was intended.
    "You got up at the crack of dawn to flee a city and you put on makeup??" The final word was said a little too loud, and echoed around the chamber.

Makeup?? Makeup?? Makeupp??

Her two bird pokemon fluffed their wings, looking out across what appeared to be a lake inside the cavern.
    They were standing on the shore- possibly not a smart move in a pokemon world.