Pokemon:

Fennel ♀ (5/5)
    Partner Pokemon:

Binary (N/A)
    Items:
    Spoiler:
    None

Current Game Points: 2 (+1)

No pokemon center? That was a problem. These people didn’t seem to have any phones either. But Neith had prepared for this.
    On of the girls, the one without the Cyndaquill, had a Xtranciever, but didn’t have connection, saying something about her plan not covering Sinnoh. Neith gave her a quizzical look. Sinnoh? Is she crazy? Or… Have I really traveled that far? There’s no way… Neith shook the thought out of her head.
    The girl winked at her, and implied that she was planning on going to the out-of-bounds lake.
    “Wait, but why? I mean, that explosion seems pretty dangerous to me? I’m all for breaking the rules, but there could be a very good reason the bowl-cut brigade don’t want anyone there, and this seems too dangerous.”
    However, as she spoke she realised that without noticing the group had already arrived at the lake.

Neith began to panic. Should she leave? Or try to talk these people out of this? Or should she go along with them? But before she could decide, several people in the uniforms from earlier noticed us.
    Neith raised her hands and began backing away. “I’m so sorry, I’m new here and I didn’t know this was the lake. I’ll leave right away.”
    The head of them didn’t listen. Shouting something about Mesprit, the guards all whipped out pokeballs.

Neith froze in place as a Glameow stalked towards her. Binary tried to shield Neith, but without any moves, the Porygon was effortlessly batted away.

“Fennel, I need your help,” She said. Opening her coat and letting the pokemon drop to the ground. “I know you haven’t battled before, but it’s the only option. Use Ember!”

The Fennekin spat out a small flame, but the Glameow was more experienced and dodged with graceful ease. Then it dashed again, claws raking across Fennels back.

“No!” Neith cried. She hadn’t had enough practice. She was meant to learn against wild pokemon and friendly contests, not trained professionals trying to subdue her.

The Glameow continued it’s hit-and-run tactics. By this point Fennel could barely stand. The Glameow came in for the final blow. “Fennel, behind you!” The Fennekin turned, and by pure luck, shot off an ember the hit the Glameow square in the face. The cat pokemon crumpled to the ground, the smell of singed fur emanating from it. However, the final blow had not been deflected, and at the same time Fennel collapsed too. No!. Neith ran over t her fallen pokemon. No Pokemon center, no potions, no berries. There was nothing she could do for now. You did great Fennel, she said as her eyes began to tear up. Binary floated over to her protectively as she returned Fennel to her pokeball.

Your Pokemon: Fennekin
    Opposing Pokemon: Glameow
    Your Pokemon's Points: 5
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 5
    Bonuses 0
    Your Pokemon's Remaining Points: 0
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 0

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (5/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Items: N/A

Amy immediately tensed up when the strange shouting occurred. Her eyes narrowed when the grunts released their pokemon, grabbing Hunter's attention as well. Mesprit huh? That must be the being that supposedly lives here according to legend. Man if she lived to tell this tale, Brent was gonna be so jealous. Amy looked at Hunter and gave the totodile a nod. "You ready for our first battle?" Hunter nodded back and leapt from her arms. "Alright let's see if Theresa's battle training has done us any good! Hunter, charge in!"

Hunter sprinted forward, able to outspeed the Stunky and rake his claws across the Stunky's back. The pokemon yowled in pain and retreated, turning its hind quarters in Hunter's direction. Before Amy could shout for him to dodge, the Stunky released a large cloud of poisonous gas. Hunter managed to escape the cloud, but not before inhaling some. "It's okay, Hunter! We'll find you a center soon! For now go for another close scratch!" The totodile nodded his head and charged in again, leaping over the Stunky's poison cloud and landing in front of it before striking it again. The Stunky retaliated with a scratch of its own, but one more strike from Hunter and it was down. The totodile returned to Amy's side, only to collapse at her feet. It seemed the poison was too much for him too. Amy quickly returned the totodile to his pokeball and kissed it. "You did good, Hunter."

Your Pokemon: Totodile
    Opposing Pokemon: Stunky
    Your Pokemon's Points: 5
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 5
    Bonuses: 0
    Your Pokemon's Remaining Points: 0
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 0

Amy clipped Hunter's pokeball onto her belt then raised her fists. Time for those self defense lessons to be put to use. "Let's make Theresa proud." Shifting one of her feet back, Amy adjusted into a fighting stance and yelled, "Come at me! I'll kick all your butts into next week!"
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (0/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Twinleaf Town
    Time: 5 pm
    Day: 1
    Date: September 6th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony

As the last Pokemon went down, the grunts realized that Pokemon weren't going to help, and if they wanted to do anything, they were going to have to face us themselves.

I could hear shouts, as the boat in the lake, carrying the other seven grunts was nearing the shore, grabbing Pokeballs, ready to join in the fray.

"Not if I can help it..."

Before I could turn to hear the voice from behind me, a Pokemon appeared by the lake's edge.

Credit

The Pokemon let out a cry, before a small flame appeared on the ground below it, exploding into a fiery vortex. As I watched in awe, another Pokemon rushed past me, soon followed by Amy, who took a stance to take on one of the nearby grunts.

Credit

"Amateurs..." muttered the new voice from behind me. I turned to see a tall guy a few years older than me with messy black hair, and an irritable expression on his face. Behind him was an older man, who seemed to be commanding the second Pokemon.

Before we could even ask who he was, we were interrupted by the sound of another explosion from the lake, as the rock formation crumbled.

In the moments distraction, a nearby grunt took advantage of the situation, taking the opportunity to move towards the newcomer ( @Shruikan ) and grab her.

I remembered a session in the backyard a few years ago, when Dad was first teaching me to defend myself.

"Right here," Dad said, pointing to the center of his torso, "This is the Solar Plexus, and this is where you hit first."

I held training dummy, as he demonstrated, punching quickly and upwards, into the place he just pointed out.

"A well placed and hard hit to the Solar Plexus will knock the wind out of your opponent, momentarily stunning them."

Dad gestured to me to lean the dummy forward, as if it had the wind knocked out of it. I obliged, as he forced his knee into its face.

"The nose is a weak target. It takes very little force to break, which will cause excruciating pain, and cause the eyes to tear up, and blocking their vision."

I tilted the dummy upwards, before Dad continued explaining.

"Now, most people assume that to defend yourself, you always need a closed fist. They are wrong." Dad explained, "You've just winded and now blinded your opponent. The last step is simple."

Dad put his hands forward to show them slightly cupped, fingers held tightly together, before smacking the dummy on both ears.

"If done right this will rupture their eardrums." he explained, "By this point if they're still standing, you should probably be trying to get away."

We soon after swapped roles, as Dad held the dummy, making it move with each hit, as I practiced the sequence. After about an hour, I finally spoke up.

"Wouldn't it be easier to just go for the head in general, and knock them out?" I asked, "I spend too long aiming for the Solar Plexus and the nose, and they've already knocked me out."

Dad stopped for a moment, and his expression turned slightly sour. I was used to this. I don't see him smile very often.

"Because a hard enough hit to the head is enough to do lasting damage. If it doesn't kill the target, it could leave them as a vegetable. All of this damage you do is temporary. It will heal." Dad explained, "Life is fragile, and once you take a life, there is no going back."

The way he said this worried me, as if he was talking from experience, however I didn't want to risk upsetting him by asking.

"I don't even want you fighting in the first place. This is a last resort. In an ideal world, you wouldn't need to learn this to stay safe, but not much is ideal." Dad explained, "So you will hit the Solar Plexus every time, because we are going to practice it until you do."

Once I got the hand of it, we practiced every few weeks to the point where it became second nature to me.

"Look out!" I shouted, as I leapt forward, between the new girl and the grunt moving towards her. Before I knew what was happening, I had launched my fist upwards just below his torso, knocking the wind out of him. He doubled over in pain as I launched my knee into his face, feeling his nose break under the pressure. As he screamed in pain, I cupped my hands, before smacking them over both his ears, causing him to crumple on the ground.

I stood shocked, as I looked at the result of years of training. This was the first time I had ever used it on another person, and no amount of training had me prepared for the realization of what I had just done.

"Nice one." said the voice from behind me, as he ordered his Pokemon to target the boat, causing those in it to leap out into the water.

Suddenly, a high pitched cry echoed across the lake, as a small pink and silver Pokemon emerged from the hole in the rock formation, which revealed a large cave network under the lake. The Pokemon levitated in the air, before darting across the lake, past us, and out into Route 201.

"Mesprit..." said the old man as he watched in awe, "What on earth do they want with you..."

*Insert beatdowns if desired here*

With Mesprit gone, the remaining grunts quickly realized that they were outmatched, and rushed to the vehicle parked on the other side of the lake, rushing out in Mesprit's tracks.

"They won't catch it." said the old man, "It's long gone."

As he said this, I turned to the newcomer, remembering I only attacked the grunt to protect her.

"Are you okay?" I asked, still shaken from what just happened.
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:21 AM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (0/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Items: N/A

Amy charged in quickly, attacking the first grunt nearest to her. Stabbing her heel into his foot, she shouted, "Instep!" Amy then took the base of her palm and shoved it into the grunt's nose. "Nose!" Removing her foot, Amy let the grunt fall to the ground with his now definitely broken nose. "Whoo!!" she screamed before hearing someone charge from behind her. Amy reacted on extent, grabbing the grunt and flinging him over her shoulder and into the ground in front of her. It wasn't a perfect judo flip, but Theresa would've been proud.

Amy looked at a couple of the other grunts and stomped in their direction. "Who else wants to go? YOU? How about YOU?" Their scared looks told her otherwise. It didn't take long for them to flee with their tails behind their legs. Good riddance. Amy cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted, "The Kalos underground is tougher than you!!!" She started to stretch when a loud cry echoed across the lake. Amy looked at the center just in time to see a gray and pink pokemon rise into the air and shoot off the way they came. She felt her breath be sucked away as it went past, a calmness settling over her. She looked in the direction they came. Had that been Mesprit? Amy smirked. Oh Brent was not going to believe this.

Amy turned to the others she had entered with and walked over. Putting her hands on her hips, she grinned and asked, "Hey are you guys alright? Sorry I might've ripped your jacket in the fight. I think it looks fine though. I don't feel a rip but I've been in enough of these scuffles to know to check it later. I'll sew it up for free no problem if it is."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Name: Matthias Grand
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:

Instinct (5/5)

Matthias checked on the two people who had been tied up. They had freed themselves. Good, now it was three against one.

Hang on what is that guy doing? He saw the boy who been tied up with a camera, filming the action. Last thing Matthias needed was to have his face splashed around on the news for the authorities to see.

A scuffle started with the other group of strangers. The uniformed bullies were being physically attacked by some of the other people.

'Time for fisticuffs, great! This is what you get when you try to help someone.' Matthias thought as he looked at the angry Grunt. 'Time for the old, "Distract and Run"'

He pointed out over the lake and cried out "What in the world could that be?", hoping that the Grunt would look, giving him a chance to run.

The grunt followed Matthias' finger and looked over the lake and seemed stunned by what he saw.

Mathias looked as well. "What in the world could that be?", he repeated quietly to himself as he watched a small pink and silver creature float onto the air, releasing a high pitched scream. Then it flew over their heads towards parts unknown.

Matthias used the distraction to step back into the trees and watch the commotion from the shadows.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Trainer Name: Neith Nimr
    Pokemon:

Fennel ♀ (0/5)
    Partner Pokemon:

Binary (N/A)
    Items:
    Spoiler:
    None

Current Game Points: 3 (+1)

Neith had little time to rest, more grunts were coming over from the island, and they all had pokemon. Neith was still trembling. “We have to get out of here!” She cried to the others.
    However, the grunts didn’t make it to shore, being stopped by a wall of fire. Neith looked around to see two more men had arrived. Are they here to help us? Fear mixed with the smoke from the fire to effectively cloud her mind.

Another explosion. At first Neith thought it was the ship blowing up, before realising that it came from the island.
    Distracted as she was, Neith didn’t notice the grunt approaching her until his shadow was cast over her. The uniformed man threateningly reached out and grasped her arm roughly. Neith cried out in a mixture of fear and pain as her arm was twisted. Binary pushed at the grunt’s chest, but to little avail.
    Then, the girl with the Cyndaquill from before appeared out of nowhere. In a matter of seconds, her assailant was on the ground, bleeding from a broken nose.
    Neith looked at the girl in a mixture of horror and gratitude. She looked just as stunned as Neith at the body lying on the ground. “You just-that man, he-” Neith stuttered. She could hear people shouting about something, and saw a flash of pinkish-grey out the corner of her eye, but her mind couldn’t take it in. Neith backed as far away from the remaining grunts as possible.

Luckily, they seemed to be fleeing, having been outmatched by the newcomers. Neith felt her legs give way and she fell to the ground, sitting against a tree for support. Neith barely heard as the girl asked if she was okay.
    “Yes, thanks to you,” She said. Her mind felt like it was full of angry Fletchlings. “I just need to rest for a moment…”

Name: Tony Joy
    Team Status: [Zuko- Torchic, Male (0/5)]
    Items: None

Before Tony could react to the grunts moving in, they had already been fought off and were fleeing. Having no experience fighting, he wouldn’t have done much good anyways. Probably just get in the way. Instead, he looked at the two people who came in and helped them out of their tight spot. “Thank you so much for helping us.” he said. He looked at the rest of the people present. “I don’t have anything to help our pokemon, but are any of you hurt? I’ve got a small first aid kit and my mother is a nurse, so I may be able to help with some of the more minor injuries you have.”

Trainer Renny Thomas
    Team Status
    - - - - - -
    Partner Pokemon:
    -- (--)
    Egg: --- (Steps to Hatch ??/??)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

As the young trainers battled through the wave of fiendish Galatic Grunts the boat party was reaching their goal. It turned out not to be a hideout but some kind of secret lair to a legendary pokemon. The grunts were foiled first by the appearance of a grizzled old man with a pair of mid evolution pokemon. Shortly after what the grunts were seeking appeared on its own.

"Good lord Arecus," I said almost falling off the car.

I overheard the old man say the name Mesprit. The pokemon must have been one of Sinnoh's legendary guardians. Our world seems to have dozens of pokemon buried underground sleeping. I recorded the pokemon as it darted off. It then dawned on me

"I know why I am here!" I shouted climbing down from the car.

I must have been brought here by a pokemon to record a once in a lifetime event. The rest of this was just a distraction. Team Galatic turned out to be a joke, a group of young trainers who seemed to literally just be battling for the first time beat the whole group. They weren't the story. I walked up to the older man past the other trainers

"Excuse me, do you have a copy of the Sinnoh map? If I'm going to track down that pokemon I need to know where I am going."

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Trainer Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokemon: N/A
    Current Game Points: 8

Kinnie didn't know where to look as several things happened in succession: the group of people from the town in addition to others arrived, which initiated pokemon duels, then physical fights between the humans. She and the boy beside her, who was talking a lot and using a device to film what was happening, were thankfully undisturbed as a result of not being in possession of any pokemon.

The blonde boy who had tried to help had only gotten partway, but Kinnie was easily able to finish the job once she gripped the knife and began to slowly work at the ropes. It was tricky, but it eventually sawed through and she and the other captive boy wriggled free. Meanwhile the pokemon fights had broken out and an old man with a younger, dark-haired man showed up with strong-looking pokemon. She clutched the knife, ready to use it if need be, but was not approached by any hostiles.

Just after the blonde boy and his small shelled pokemon drew in a battle with the space person's feline pokemon, almost the whole lake fell silent as it was interrupted by a high-pitched cry that made Kinnie's ears prick. Her eyes immediately fell to a levitating pink and silver figure on the island in the middle of the lake. She was transfixed by this creature who, although tiny, seemed to radiate a unique aura equal parts powerful and mysterious. The turquoise-haired people adopted looks of distress as the pokemon fled into the trees, leaving behind a dull, empty lake.

Kinnie barely acknowledged the commotion that followed, her mind turning. What was that creature? It was small yet powerful; she could somehow feel it. She had not met many pokemon in her lifetime, and those that she did meet she viewed as disposable tools. She understood they were living beings that needed care, which she would never have neglected to give, but at no point did she consider them equal or special. She did not anticipate that one of them could have such a strong effect on her. Maybe...there was more to them than she realised?

She snapped out of her thoughts when she realised that the blonde boy had vanished. Her gaze scanned over the other people near the entrance, each of them looking to be gathering themselves after the altercation and discussing amongst themselves. The boy she had been tied up with soared past her and began interacting with the others at the entrance, but she couldn't see the one who had helped her. She turned around, dropping into a crouch. There was only one way the boy could have gone, and that was into the dense trees somewhere between where she was and where the other group was standing.

At once she began searching for tracks, but there was precious little to go off. Nevertheless, she began heading into the brush, not bothering to attempt stealth.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (0/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Time: 5 pm
    Day: 1
    Date: September 6th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony

As Renny approached the older man, asking about the map, he responded.

"I might be able to help you. Just hear me out first."

As we scrambled around trying to figure out what just happened, the older man spoke up and addressed the group of us.

"For a group of beginners, who were somewhat outnumbered here, I gotta say, I am somewhat impressed." the man explained, "I think that given a little bit of time, you'll be able to handle something like this without Nathan and myself swooping in to save the day."

"My name is Professor Rowan. I have a lab in the next town over, and a van outside the lake that I am about to take there. I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind coming with me to talk." the older man said, "I might be able to help you get home."

I was surprised to hear him say this. How did he know that I was not from here? And if he has said this so generally, does this mean that none of us are from here?

As the duo made their way out of the lake, I spoke to Amy, who had just apologized for possibly tearing the jacket in the fight.

"Don't worry about it." I explained, "But what do you think of the old guy? I mentioned before that I'm not from here, and don't know why I'm here. I think I'm gonna go with him and figure out what the hell is going on."
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:22 AM.