Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Name: Tony Joy
    Team Status: [Zuko- Torchic, Male (0/5)]
    Items: None

Tony listened as Professor Rowan spoke about them working as a team. It did make sense, but he didn’t know these people, barely spoke a few sentences to them, and then only to a couple of them, not even close to the whole group. How were they going to work effectively as a team when none of them know the world around them, nor do the know each other?

Despite having these questions, Tony accepted that it was the most likely way for them to return to their respective homes. Besides, it sounded as though Rowan had a game plan, so his worries may not be an issue. And if not, then he could always ask afterwards.

Tony stepped up next. “I believe that a Chimchar would fit on my team quite nicely, despite the issue of the matching types.” he told professor Rowan.

Name: Tony Joy
    Starter: Chimchar
    Link To Stats: (link)

Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokémon: (1/6)
    | 5/5
    Total Posts: 11

Kinnie looked over the starters one at a time, assessing each one individually. She was unaware of their final evolutions, but she knew that there was a choice between grass, fire and water. Fire seemed too destructive and water too shapeless, but grass was an element she could relate to.

"That one," she said, raising a finger at the small green creature with a brown shell and a sapling sprouting from its head. The curious pokémon tilted its head at her, its yellow cheeks seemingly raised in a perpetual smile.

Name: Kinnie
    Starter: Turtwig
    Link To Stats: Signature!

Kinnie could hear the other people giving their pokémon names, so she thought about it for a moment before crouching down in front of the grass type and whispered, "Hannig. You will be useful."

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Trainer Name: Neith Nimr
    Pokemon:

Fennel ♀ (0/5)
    Partner Pokemon:

Binary (N/A)
    Items:
    Spoiler:
    None

Current Game Points: 5 (+1)

After the interviews were over, Rowan spoke to them once again, urging them to work together as a team.
    With the speech, Neith began to feel a bit more confident. If she was in a team, at least if she messed up, the others could help her. And it gave her an excuse to stick with the girl from before, maybe learn how to protect herself.

Now knowing exactly what pokemon to pick, Neith walked confidently over to the professor. If I’m going to be part of a team, I want to be able to help them. To defend them. And for that, one pokemon shines above the others. “I will pick this one,” she said, pointing to a ball containing a Turtwig.

Name: Neith Nimr
    Starter: Turtwig
    Link To Stats: (Here)

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (0/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Terry (5/5)
    [Piplup, Male]
    Items: N/A

Amy stepped forward and waited her turn. After the others selected theirs, she looked over her choices one more time, then nodded. "I want to pick the starter that my girlfriend could never have. If there is any pokemon I trust to get me home, it's that one. I choose Piplup."

Professor Rowan nodded, a hint of a smile hidden under his mustache as he passed the pokeball to her.

Name: Amy Risa
    Starter: Piplup
    Link To Stats: In sig

Amy stepped aside and opened the pokeball. A small blue fluffy bird materialized from the pokeball. He blinked a few times before staring up at Amy. "Hi," she greeted, "my name's Amy, I'm your new trainer." She paused and stared at the piplup as his head tilted to the side curiously. He appeared to be inspecting her. How cute. "I suppose I need to give you a nickname. Hm..." Amy reached out and pet the piplup. "Well I guess, how about Terry?" The piplup chirped in delight, seeming to approve of the name. Amy smiled. "Alright, Terry it is." She picked up the piplup and looked over the others to check their status.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

(GM Post @Brettles

*Approved*

Against their better judgement, the professor's assistant gives you the trouble-maker Chimchar...
    Credit

*In future, characters don't get Pokemon until the form is accepted in case there is anything wrong with trainer card
    @AWA1997
    *Approved*
    Professor Rowan grins as you ask for a Chimchar.

"You are going to have your hands full between two fire types, but I think you've made the right choice!" he says as he hands you a Pokeball.
    Credit
    @Suicune's Fire
    Professor Rowan couldn't help but smile watching the gears in your head spin as you looked at the three Pokemon, and tried to choose which one. When you male your request, he hands you a Pokeball.

"I think the two of you will find yourselves to be the closest of friends."
    Credit

*In future, characters don't get Pokemon until the form is accepted in case there is anything wrong with trainer card
    @Shruikan
    *Approved*
    As you make your way to choose your Pokemon, your confidence is contagious. When you request a Turtwig, Professor Rowan speaks up.

"I think I have just the one for you."

Credit
    @Noblejanobii
    *Approved*

"That's a good way to think about it." Rowan replies, as he hands you a Pokeball.

Credit

*In future, characters don't get Pokemon until the form is accepted in case there is anything wrong with trainer card.

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (0/5)

Emperor (5/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Sandgem Town Pokemon Lab
    Time: 6:30pm
    Day: 1
    Date: September 6th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias

When it seemed like everyone who was going to get a Pokemon had picked one, Professor Rowan spoke up again.

"Part of the reason I interviewed each of you was to make sure that you would be appropriate trainers for these Pokemon." The professor explained, "The other half was to try and determine what sort of role you would be suited to in the team. I aware that you don't all know each other well, so figure, by my recommendation, you will have somewhere to start from."

"Matthias," Professor Rowan began, "I noticed how well you managed to hide yourself at the lake, and how well you thought on your feet during our interview..."

The way he said that last line seemed to imply that he knew something about Matthias that he had tried to keep hidden, but didn't seem to mind it.

"I think you would make a good scout for the team." he explained, "Somebody who if needed can quickly go ahead, and assess an area, whilst maintaining an element of secrecy, in order to gather information."

"As for you Tony," the professor continued, "Your experience looking after your sister, as well as your family background in medicine, would make you ideal to be the groups medic."

"I wish I could say otherwise, but this journey isn't without its risks, and somebody may end up being hurt." Rowan said, "But I have faith that you will be able to look after your team mates."

"Now, Kinnie," Professor Rowan stated, addressing one of the Turtwig trainers, "You have a good mind for analyzing situations, and figuring out the most logical choice."

"I think that you would make a great tactician." Rowan continued, "Your team may end up in situations where a bit of planning is needed in order to succeed, and running in head first will not be advantageous. Your role would be to come up with the plan to ensure your teams success. Something I have faith that you could do well."
    @Rival Max
    "Renny," Professor Rowan continued, talking to the guy with the camera who had been tied up at the lake, "I think you would suit being the groups chronicler."

"Chances are, you are going to go a lot of places, and see a lot of important things, some of which you may forget over time. You role would be to record anything you deem to be of importance for future reference. As an added benefit, this could help you with your dream of making a documentary." Rowan continued, "If you are interested, it isn't too late to choose a Pokemon."

"Neith," Professor Rowan said, addressing the girl who I defended earlier, "I think a role in data analysis would be a good fit for you."

"Your role would be to take information from Matthias and Renny, and figure out its relevance to your team. Establish what is important to your situation, and what isn't. You would also be working to provide the rest of the group with information relevant to their roles." Rowan explained, "You seem like the sort of person who likes solving puzzles and figuring out answers to problems, so maybe this would be a good fit for you."

"As for you Amy," Professor Rowan continued, "Big groups tend to attract attention, and sometimes leave people on the outside feeling uneasy. Hence why we need a Kecleon."

"Kecleon is a Pokemon from Hoenn that has the ability to change its colors and blend into its surroundings." Rowan continued, "I think metaphorically speaking, that is a role that would suit you. Being able to blend into crowds, and to a degree, putting on a performance, so people feel comfortable around you and are willing to help you."

Finally, Professor Rowan turned to me. I felt nervous, hearing the seriousness of these roles. They sounded like they were going to prove to be tricky, even if Rowan insisted everyone was suited for these roles, and felt unsure about whatever Rowan was going to recommend me to do. I mean so far, all he had really seen was me drop that thug at the lake. Was he going to recommend me as a bruiser?

"Sophie," Professor Rowan said seriously, "Believe me, this isn't a decision I made lightly, however I do think you couldn't be a better fit for this role."

I continued to feel the anxiety build in the pause between his sentences, wishing he would just hurry up and say it.

"I think that you should be the teams leader."

"Wait what?" I asked, shocked, "Wouldn't Amy or Tony be a better fit? I mean, I'm not even sixteen yet. Chances are I'm the youngest one here?"

Professor Rowan laughed.

"Whilst age and experience to make for good teachers and in turn, create good leaders, there is another quality that I find to be more important in a good leader."

"At the lake, when someone went after one of your teammates, who you didn't even know at the time, you put yourself at risk to defend them." Rowan explained, "When I look at you, I see somebody whose first instinct it to protect others, and honestly, a leader can have all the experience in the world, but if they aren't willing to look out for their team, it doesn't mean anything."

"As a leader, you will be surrounded by people with different sets of skills. It isn't a sign of weakness to ask questions and need advice." Professor Rowan continued, "However your role, is to do what I think you do best. To look out for your team, and lead them towards what suits their best interests."

I stood silent in shock at what Professor Rowan had said, as he spoke up again, now addressing everyone.

"I'd recommend to you to all stay the night, as the Pokemon Center won't have your paperwork processed until morning, so you won't be able to get your new trainer kits until then. However unfortunately, the food reserves of the lab aren't enough to feed half a dozen or so growing teenagers." Professor Rowan explained, "There is a currency exchange booth on the next street over where you shouldn't have any issues exchanging your native currency for what we use here in Sinnoh. We have some nice cafes here in Sandgem, so take this as an opportunity to take some free time to get some dinner, and have a look around. Just make sure to travel at least with one other person, as you may run into some unsavory types at night. I will be locking the lab at 11pm, so be back before then."

"Now, are there any questions?"

(OOC: The currency exchange thing is purely for story. This is to say that you can't give yourself 50 points due to exchanging your native currency for points...)
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Name: Matthias Grand
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:
    ((())) ^^^^
    Instinct (0/5) Kid (5/5)
    Current Location: Twinleaf Town

"Now, are there any questions?" The professor asked.

Matthias had tuned out and had been looking out the window, for the past ten minutes. He just wanted to be out and seeing what he could find in town.

This was his chance to escape while the others asked questions.

He quietly made his way to the door and slipped out, then made his way out of the lab complex and into the town.

"Kid come out and see this", he said releasing the Chimchar.

"No more cages for you! Lets go explore the town."

Matthias found the currency exchange and exchanged the money he had taken from Professor Oak for local cash.

He then found a Cafe near the currency exchange to sit and watch the security on the building and the cash inside. He ordered cake platter, and sat down to taste as many different cakes as he could manage.

"Cafe successfully scouted!" he said to himself ironically.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (0/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Terry (5/5)
    [Piplup, Male]

Amy glanced at the others before shrugging. "If you could point me to the pokemon center that's supposedly in town, myself and anyone else who wants to come can heal up our spent partners. Then maybe we can try to grab a bite to eat somewhere after we exchange our currencies. Personally, I think the more able bodied pokemon we have on us the better, given there's galactic goons afoot." She paused then added, "Plus the center might have a working phone or something. I'd... really like to try calling home, as I'm sure the rest of you do."
    / / / / / / / /

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (0/5)

Emperor (5/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Sandgem Town Pokemon Lab
    Time: 6:34pm
    Day: 1
    Date: September 6th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias

When Amy suggested finding a Pokemon Center and getting some food, I found the idea to be pleasant given my current circumstances. Rowan had dropped one hell of a bombshell on me, and the fresh air and time to think would be good.

"I'll tag along." I replied, as I turned to face her, and realized we were short on numbers. Our scout who had just been praised on his ability to hide and think on his feet had already ditched us, "And it looks like our Scout has done a runner. This is going to be great..."

Before too long, we (anyone is welcome to join) left the lab.

GM Post
    As you sit there enjoying the different types of cakes, you notice a rather large young man, who looked to be at least 6ft5 and 220lbs with an angry look on his face standing over him.

"So I was sitting over there, trying to comfort my girlfriend... See, her dad died in a workplace accident six months ago, and the last gift he gave her was a jacket with some writing sewn onto the back." He explained, "One that was stolen from the laundromat a few hours ago, that happens to be exactly the same as yours..."

Before you can respond, your are grabbed by the collar, and lifted out of your seat...

Sophie Post

As we walked towards the Pokemon Center, I tried to get all of this off my mind by talking to Amy about it.

"Honestly, I don't know how Rowan thinks I can lead this group if I can't even keep track of one of them running off." I muttered.

Before Amy could respond, there was a shout from a bystander at a nearby cafe as a large brute of a man had picked up another guy by his collar. However the person being picked up seemed familiar...

"Well f*** me..." I muttered to myself and couldn't help but grin, "Amy, feel like having some fun?"

As we made our way over, I called out to our scout.

"Matthias! You look like you're in a little bit of trouble there!" I teased, "But you're so good at handling things on your own, I bet you can get yourself out of this no problem! What do you think Amy?"

I looked at the guy holding him and spoke up.

"So what's he done?"
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Name: Matthias Grand
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:
    ((())) ^^^^
    Instinct (0/5) Kid (5/5)
    Current Location: Twinleaf Town

The big guy picked up Matthias.

"Whoah there big fella! I just bought this jacket from a guy on the street. It wasn't even from here, He was in Littleroot town..."

Then a voice spoke up from nearby. "Matthias! You look like you're in a little bit of trouble there! But you're so good at handling things on your own, I bet you can get yourself out of this no problem! What do you think Amy?" Sophie said.

She then looked at the guy and added "So what's he done?"

Matthias looked at her. "I think that guy that sold me this Jacket in Littleroot may have stolen it from this man's girlfriend. He seems rather mad at me for having purchased it. I was just explaining the situation to him. There's no need for violence!"

"But, I like violence!" the big guy said menacingly.

Matthias rolled his eyes. "I wasn't talking to you! I was talking to her!" Matthias pointed towards Sophie.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (0/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Terry (5/5)
    [Piplup, Male]

Amy watched in great amusement as she and Sophie approaches Matthias in his predicament. She crossed her arms and looked at Sophie. “Yeah I say we leave him. He seems to be handling it.” She smirked at Matthias and teased, “Especially not from some daddy’s girls.” She chuckled to herself. So this is what Theresa felt like whenever she came to bail her out. This was fun.

Amy looked at Sophie. “Hey great leader, do you think this is sufficient punishment or should we let them rough him up a little?”
    / / / / / / / /