Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (14/14) Emperor (16/16) Arc (15/15) *Unnamed* (5/5)

Partner:

Egg: Krabby (35/36)

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 203
    Time: 9am
    Day: 3
    Date: September 7th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias, Palila, Drake

I fell asleep before too long, and when I awoke the next morning was surprised to see Enigma was still where he sat earlier. The chocolate bar was gone, and he was now asleep.

I got up quietly, making sure not to startle it before speaking.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked, as the Pokemon began to wake up. I slowly made my way over to it, and cautiously gave it a pat, which it accepted, but didn't seem to show any signs of enjoying it.

I called the Pokemon back to its Pokeball as I used the Poketch to text the rest of the group.

"Gym will be open now. Let's try and get that finished by noon, and meet back at the Pokemon Center. Can somebody please pass this on to Palila and Amy if they see them?"

Figuring I still needed some time to wake up, I made my way into the foyer. My plan was to get breakfast first then go battle the gym, but if I could find company, that would be preferable.
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:49 AM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (18/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (16/16)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Cato (7/7)
    [Bidoof, Male]
    Terry (9/9)
    [Piplup, Male]
    Karl (10/10)
    [Kricketot, Male]
    Martini (7/7)
    [Cyndaquil, Female]
    Partner Pokemon: Freya the Snorunt
    Items: x5 Pokeballs

Amy tied her hair back into a tight ponytail, keeping the wavy trails out of her face. She needed to make sure she had a full view of the battlefield today in order to best aid her pokemon. Oreburgh was a rock type gym from what she had gathered, so Terry and Hunter would be her main leads for this gym. She was hoping Hunter could solo it but just in case, Terry would provide support. Taking a moment to brush Freya's fur similar in the way she had seen Hermione do with Terry, Amy eventually packed her things and headed downstairs.

She was still stretching a bit as she entered the lobby. Spotting Sophie, she approached her. "Morning. How are you feeling?"
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokémon: (6/6)
    | Hannig♂ | 18/18
    | Vilne♂ | 15/15
    | Fiona♀ | 15/15
    | Guinness♂ | 18/18
    | Beruga♀ | 15/15
    | Lonroch♀ | 5/5
    Items: x20, x1, x2, x1, x1
    Total Posts: 42

Item Claim: Great Ball
    Cost: Free! (won in battle)

The blue and white ball with dual red stripes was placed in Kinnie's hand by one of the girls in the group. Kinnie frowned lightly at this, but was relieved to see money offered to her shortly after. She accepted it and said nothing, keeping her eyes on the girl rolling around on the ground. She remembered that her father taught her to take such an action if she was on fire, but the girl did not seem to be on fire.

She walked away, her pokemon in tow.

--

Kinnie spent the rest of the remainder of the evening finding dinner for her and all her pokemon, and then training Lonroch. She was relatively easy to train, and soon enough, she evolved.

Pokémon You're Evolving: Lonroch the starly
    Pokémon it Evolves Into: Staravia
    Evolution Point Requirement: 14
    Points On-Hand: 36
    Points After Evolution: 22
    Link to stats: Sig

She soon headed to bed, barely paying the other trainers any mind. In the morning, Kinnie rose early. She found herself feeling rather restless, so she headed out for a walk. The walk was calming and helped clear her mind. She watched as townsfolk made their way to work, and bird pokemon flew overhead, only to land in trees and tweet their morning songs.

Kinnie knew of gyms and the common practice of battling their leaders for glory, and while heading over to investigate it, she decided...why not challenge the leader?

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Trainer Name: Neith Nimr
    Pokemon:

Fennel ♀ (6/6)

Escutcheon ♂ (18/18)

Nemesis ♀ (5/5)

Butterscotch ♂ (5/5)

Phalanx ♂ (5/5)

Shinx ♂ (8/8)
    Partner Pokemon:

Binary (N/A)
    Egg: N/A
    Items:
    Spoiler:

Pokeball x1
    Voucher for a Free Limiter Berry

Current Game Points: 15 (+1)

“I don’t know. I only met the rest as they were leaving Twinleaf town, so they could have gone shopping before before. I know Matthias borrowed a jacket from someone there.”

“I definitely needed to though. I’m like the only person to forget pretty much everything. I was all prepared for a journey, and then left it all behind in the cab at the last second. Wallet and everything. I only just now managed to buy any kind of supplies. And nothing but the essentials…”

Seeing Palila flop back in her seat, feeling the weight of what had happened.
    We’ve been so busy moving along, no-one’s really had time to talk about it, but we all must be feeling this way. Ripped away from our lives without warning, but forced to move on as though nothing’s happened.

“If you ever need anything?” Neith began hesitantly, suddenly unsure of herself. “I don’t have much, but if I can help in any way… I mean, we’re a team now, after all…” Neith trailed off.

When Palila mention the cards Neith was glad of the chance to change the subject.
    “I actually have two trainer cards now. The professor gave us all new ones- Oh!” Neith snacked her forehead. “That must be why yours doesn’t work. Cause you’re not registered in this reality.”

Neith made sure to request a room with bunk beds.
    In the night she looked up issuing trainer cards online, but it seemed that only the trainer’s legal guardian was allowed to register them for one, so that was out.
    Eventually, even Binary was flagging. Neith had to put away the laptop and go to sleep.

Shortly after waking up, Neith’s poketch buzzed, alerting her of the new message. After reading it, Neith tore out a age from the journal and wrote out a note for Palila.
    “Amy said to meet up here again at noon.” No, she might not show up to to show she doesn’t take orders.
    She eventually settled for “We’re all meeting up here at noon,” then signed it, and left it somewhere Palila could find it.

Neith spent the next morning taking full use of the free Wifi. There was too much to learn about this reality in such a short time, so she focused on the local gym leader, as he would be relevant first. After nearly two hours of research, Neith felt confident enough to head out.

Trainer Palila Rae
    Team: Rowlett (16/16) Starly (13/13) Piplup (15/15) Wingull (20/20)
    Partner Pokemon: --
    Items: 3x Pokeballs, Pokedex, Journal, Sketchpad, Poketch Plus

As Palila chatted to Neith, she couldn't help smiling slightly. It was so validating to have someone else recognize how difficult it was to be torn away from everything. Almost every possession they had, and every person they knew. It was also a little funny to imagine Neith forgetting all of her supplies in a cab- it would have been a problem even if the wormhole HADN'T happened!
    When the girl sincerely offered to help, Palila was touched. It didn't last very long though- Using the excuse that they were a team rather than anything like friends really drove the point home that Palila had no friends here. She kept the smile frozen on her face (albeit it looked a little forced in the corners) and nodded.
    "Thats... nice of you."

Sharing a bunk bed was ok, and despite the glow of Neiths laptop Palila fell asleep into wild dreams as her brain tried to process the day she just had.

---------------------------------------------

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
    Palila snoozed her way through the morning while her roommate did research.

Eventually, she groaned and rolled over, then nearly fell out of the unfamiliar bed. It was well into morning, and the Poketch that Nathan had given her was flashing (though the noise hadn't woken her up as it was muffled in her bag). She poked it curiously.
    Gym will be open now. Let's try and get that finished by noon, and meet back at the Pokemon Center. Can somebody please pass this on to Palila and Amy if they see them? Sender: Sophie Reed
    Palila dropped the poketch from the bed and groaned again. Maybe their grand leader hadn't noticed that she had been given one already. She lay there for a minute staring at the ceiling, wondering if she should reply, then wondering if she could even figure out how. She decided not to bother, in the end.
    "Oh man, I had some epic dreams last night..." She started, then realised that Neith was no longer in the room. Clearly it was time to get up. Other people were probably out battling already.
    "Uuuuugh."
    She glanced at the door on the way out and took Neiths note down, stuffing it in her pocket.

Palila shuffled out to the Pokemon Centre foyer slowly, rubbing her eyes and taking a free piece of fruit from the bench. Nobody else she knew was there- they must have all been out at the gym. There was just the general bustle of an unfamiliar Pokecentre.
    So I guess it's still all like this, then. Palila sighed, having still hoped that it was just some kind of crazy illusion.
    "What a horrible day." She said aloud, shuffling out into the street in a bad mood.

The wingull that the Gemstone Grandma had told her to guide was sitting outside the building roosting, and Palila flapped her hands at it to try to make it go away.
    "Rack off! I don't need responsibilities in bizarro-world Sinnoh!" She shouted at it, and took her own wingull out of its pokeball.
    "Wingull, attack... the other wingull!"

Pokemon Levelling Up: Wingull
    Level: 7 --> 20 (13 levels)
    Points cost: 26
    Points remaining: 12

What followed was a brisk morning brawl that did wonders for Palilas mood, as waterguns sprayed on people entering and exiting the Pokemon Centre. She chuckled to herself as the wingull became better and better at using watergun, but it remained a stalemate.
    "Fine, fine, stop. You can stay, then." She told the two sopping wet wingull, who promptly fluffed their feathers and dried off. "You're too accurate now anyway- theres no more collateral damage!" She motioned around at the people nearby (who were managing to mostly stay dry). Actually, they didn't look too pleased.

"Uhhhhh....actually maybe we should nick off." She told the wingull, returning her own to its ball and scampering off down the street towards the gym. Even if it meant bumping into people she didn't like much, getting into a battle at the gym would probably be more of a challenge and less destructive than having a waterfight in the street.

Senior Moderator

Team Status:

Partner:

Egg: Krabby (36/36)

Basic Info Story Info

Before I could respond, I felt something move in my bag. Quickly pulling it off my back, I opened it, and found the egg I won at the tournament, shaking and cracks appearing on the surface. Before too long, a red claw broke out of the side of it.

Pokemon Hatching: Krabby
    Post Requirement: 36
    Link to Post: Here

I put the new Pokemon in a Pokeball which soon vanished, assuming to the PC system.

"Look, I'm not doing too well." I muttered, "I'm gonna go grab breakfast. You're welcome to join me, but I can't promise I will be good company..."
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:50 AM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (18/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (16/16)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Cato (7/7)
    [Bidoof, Male]
    Terry (9/9)
    [Piplup, Male]
    Karl (10/10)
    [Kricketot, Male]
    Martini (7/7)
    [Cyndaquil, Female]

"Eh that's fine," Amy said, "everyone has their days. Let's go get some breakfast then. Maybe it'll make you feel better." Amy opened up a map she had swiped from the front desk and showed it to Sophie. "How does this diner look? We even have a coupon for 10% off if we show them this map. Maybe we can even stop by the department store next door for some supplies if you want."
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Moderator

Team Status:

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info

I followed Amy fairly quietly to the diner as we found a table. When we sat down and had ordered, I finally spoke up.

"I have no idea what the f*** I am supposed to do." I muttered, "I am so deep in over my head, and no matter what I do, I end up p***ing people off and driving them away..."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (18/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (16/16)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Cato (7/7)
    [Bidoof, Male]
    Terry (9/9)
    [Piplup, Male]
    Karl (10/10)
    [Kricketot, Male]
    Martini (7/7)
    [Cyndaquil, Female]

Amy paused in taking a drink of water from her cup and glanced at Sophie when she finally spoke up. Ah, so that's what had been bothering her. Setting the cup down, Amy cleared her throat. "I won't lie that some of your actions as a leader at first have been questionable, but you are still a beginner. You don't have a proper guide to being a leader and trust me I may be the oldest but I'm no ideal role model. My girlfriend would be a much better example of a proper leader than I, which is why I've been trying to emulate her a bit to help you, but... it hasn't gone well." Amy drummed her fingers in thought. "That being said, as much as you or I would like to be, we aren't omniscient all powerful beings that can bend everyone to our will. As much as it makes me want to cave their faces in because it's delaying how quickly we get home, Renny and Palila are entitled to their own free will. If Renny wants to film something, he's allowed to do that. While it might cause trouble for the group, as a leader, you need to learn how to consider this and work with him. Neither of them is going to come around right off especially since we've started off on the right foot. But with time I imagine as you grow as a leader, they'll come to accept you as one as well." Amy took another sip of her water then added, "These things just take time."
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Moderator

Team Status:

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info

"I know." I lamented, "I guess that people expect me to just magically understand their reasons for doing what they do, but can't show me that same decency you know? I just want us all to get home. But people just don't want to see that."

I kept thinking about what I was going to say next.

"When I was going to travel Johto, I was going to travel alone. I didn't want that but Dad didn't give me a choice. He said the moment I travel with other people I am responsible for their safety, and it is not worth it. He said I shouldn't risk myself for someone else's sake." I explained, "I just thought he was being a selfish a**hole, but honestly, we are two days in and there have been times where part of me has wanted certain people to just walk away and not be my problem. And I hate myself for that..."