Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
    Name: Matthias Grand (Jean-Eric Nombre)
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:

Instinct (16/16) _ Kid (14/14) _ Sniper (15/15) _ Brighteyes (15/15) _ Trapeze (11/11) _ Static (8/8)
    Items: Pokeballs (11- 1 = 10), Premier ball (1), Revive (1), Dawn stone (1)
    Current Location: Horrible scary cave!

The cave was even worse than Matthias had imagined.

The river that ran through made it into a nightmare. The roaring of the rapids and the waterfall were so eerie that Matthias imagined that he could hear yelling and screaming in the Maelstrom of noise coming from it.

He caught up with the group, although they were way to close to the river so Mathias stayed way back. Matthias couldn't really hear much of what of Sophie was saying over the noise. he caught the words "Outside" and "Asking for help". That sounded like good advice. Matthias nodded and gave a thumbs up, agreeing to Sophie's plan.

He then kept going along the trail looking for someone to ask for help.

'I wonder where Amy and Palila are?' he mused to himself. 'Probably already through the cave and found somewhere safe and cozy no doubt! Some people had all the luck!'

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (0/25) Staravia (0/25) Prinlup (0/25) Wingull (0/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (0/15) Eevee -shiny (0/25)
    Partner Pokemon: Chatot
    Items: 1x Greatball, 5x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8), Locked pokeball with Zubat (0/9) Locked pokeball with Trash Girl Burmy (0/10)

Palila held her nose and her breath, bobbing and tumbling in the torrent of water, eyes scrunched shut in fear.
    I wish I had a surfing mantine! She internally cursed, regretting all the time spent using the rental mantines and never getting one of her own. Or a lanturn, to see! Or ANYTHING!! She scrunched her eyes tighter, vowing to heal all her valiant pokemon up as soon as possible- if she survived.

Another few seconds, and then the feeling of weightlessness. Palila saw light through her eyelids, and felt her grip on her knee loosen. She spread herself out slightly. Who knows how shallow the pool at the bottom of this drop would be.
    Please be deep please be deep please be deep
    Splash!
    She fell with the water, plunging once more under the surface and feeling the consistent drumming of the cascade above her pushing her down. It was deep. Possibly too deep. By this time, she had been holding her breath for a while. She struggled to swim upwards in her heavy wet clothes and shoes, and quickly kicked her shoes off once she didn't get anywhere. She wriggled out of the leg warmers. The glasses were lost somewhere in the cave. She dropped any backpack that she had from her shoulders. Still, she was kicking and kicking and reaching with her arms, and the surface wasn't arriving. Her ears were ringing, and she felt the last of her oxygen being used up with the effort.
    She reached one more time towards the light, pulling herself upwards and feeling like a kite against the wind- not willing to take off her last layer, as the jacket pockets were full of her pokemon.

Finally, her hand broke the surface! Then the rest of her, gasping for air. She took a few deep gulps and blinked around in the light, pushing her slick hair off her face and casting around for an edge. She was outside, at least.
    Swimming was easy enough, but she was tired, cold, frightened, weighed down by clothes not made for swimming, and had hurt her leg. She side-stroked her way towards the shore and shot a look back at the waterfall, wondering if Amy would appear.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (0/14) Emperor (1/16) Arc (15/15) *Unnamed* (0/5) Enigma (30/30) Eevee (0/25)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 204
    Time: Noon
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Kinnie, Matthias, Palila, Drake, Marina, Cody

We made our way out of the cave, greeted by cold daylight.

As we adjusted to the amount of light, the sound of crashing water could be heard echoing across the route.

"Guys, I think I know where they will come out." I said, nodding towards the west where the sound of the water was coming from.

We made our way there, where Palila, absolutely soaked, sat on the ground by the shore of a nearby lagoon, looking exhausted.

"Are you okay?" I asked, as I pulled my bag off my back and tried to find a towel. Being wet when it was this could would have been freezing.

I grabbed a towel out of my bag, and offered it to Palila.

"Is Amy still in there?"

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (0/25) Staravia (0/25) Prinlup (0/25) Wingull (0/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (0/15) Eevee -shiny (0/25)
    Partner Pokemon: Chatot
    Items: 1x Greatball, 5x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8), Locked pokeball with Zubat (0/9) Locked pokeball with Trash Girl Burmy (0/10)

Palila looked around, too dazed and shaken up to refuse a towel. She wrapped it around herself, and heard a voice ask about Amy. Her eyes drifted back accross to the waterfall, still searching it for a splash of colour.
    "The dumb ginger was in there. When the Gyarados attacked she nearly got blasted." She let the rushing sounds of water fill the silence, eyes still locked to the water.
    "I was all out of Pokemon, so I had to leave." She explained, feeling the pit of her stomach drop. There was nothing more to say- she didn't know what else had happened. Palila didn't get along well with Amy, but the thought that she'd left someone to get savaged by a wild pokemon or drown in the dark was a very bad thought.
    She looked down, shivering slightly, then snapped around, looking at the rest of the group as a realization hit her.

"Oh, psyducks! Does anyone know if Amy could swim?"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (0/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (0/14)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (0/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (0/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Apollo (0/22)
    [Spritzee, Male]
    Martini (0/14)
    [Quilava, Female]
    Temporary Partner: King Leer the Shiny Budew
    Items: x4 Pokeballs, x1 Greatball, Fresh Water

Free fall is a terrifying feeling, especially when your eyes are closed and you have no idea what the end of the free fall will entail. Amy didn't have much time to think about it as she crashed into the water below. As soon as she was somewhat oriented, Amy began to paddle. She squinted her eyes open a little, not comfortable with opening her eyes completely underwater, but it was enough to give her some guidance on where to go. The problem was Amy could feel herself being weighed down by her bag and clothes. She was tempted to let them go as her air started to run out, but like a fool she clung tightly to the bag. She couldn't let go her meds, she couldn't let go of her old clothes, none of it. But as a result, the surface never seemed to get any closer despite how much she paddled and paddled.

Suddenly, she spotted a streak of orange. A buizel! Amy reached out as quickly as she could and managed to grab onto the buizel, clinging to one of its tails. The pokemon didn't really seem to like this as it disturbed its swimming, so it quickly inflated its neck flotation device and they ascended to the surface. As they got closer, Amy began to reach up and felt her hand breach the surface. She gasped as her head quickly followed, and she let go of the pokemon so she could tread water. Lobbing her bag onto the shore nearby, Amy kicked as hard as she could and managed to grab hold of land. Pulling herself onto the earth, Amy laid down face first in the grass and just breathed. "Oh I'm never swimming ever again," she muttered. After a moment she pushed herself over onto her back, coughing a bit as she tried to reorient herself.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Partner Pokemon: Chatot --> Catching
    Items: 1x Greatball, 5x (-1) Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8), Locked pokeball with Zubat (0/9) Locked pokeball with Trash Girl Burmy (0/10)

Palila gasped and pointed as a flash of colour fell from the cave opening... and then lost sight of Amy in the waterfall turbulence. It seemed like a very long time until a buizel came floating to the surface with Amy in tow. Palila let out a breath. While she wondered what had happened back there, she was mostly just glad that they were out of it now.

While the rest of the group seemed rather unharmed, unsoaked and unresponsive, Palila scooted over to Amy.
    "Oy, you look like a drowned ratatta. Firehead gave me a towel." She had forgotten everyones new identities already, so nicknames were what she had fallen back on. Firehead referred to Sophie, who had bright red and yellow streaky hair as of last night. Palila wrapped the towel half around herself and half around Amy, not wanting to let go of it. She had to sit close in order to share. Also, body warmth was good.

She sat very still (albeit with the occasional shiver) waiting for a signal to show that this was too close and abandon the warm towel to Amy's posession. Meanwhile, she looked back over at the rest of the group. To her, most of them seemed to be no help. Even if she had no pokemon left to battle with, she doubted that leaving the group and running ahead could get any worse than being attacked by a gyarados, or laserbeam arm man, right?
    "Is town far away? If its close, I mi-ight jog up ahead to st-stay warm and get to b-buying some drier clothes before the shops sh-shut." She shivered her way through a proposal, scanning peoples faces. She had almost no resistance to cold- Alola was notorious for its warmth, even at night!

She sat still a moment longer, then something seemed to click internally.
    "You know what, I'm sure town is close. I don't need your permission- I'm just going to head off."
    She stood up, shrugged off the blanket, hugged herself to stay warmer, and ran off towards town.

----------

Her bare feet pounded on the muddy path. The forest was gradually giving way to a flowery meadow, and more and more colour was sprinkled between the sparse trees. Despite the springtime atmosphere, it was still quite cold.
    "A-achoo!" Palila sneezed and shivered.

"A-choo!" Her own voice echoed back at her from the trees.

She whirled around, eyes darting through the bushes. Surely it wasn't another ambush!
    "A-choo!" Her voice echoed again, and she squinted. There, a splash of colour among the trees.

"Oh no you don't! I am SO not ready for battles right now!" She dug into her pocket and pulled out a soaking wet Pokeball, readying it to throw.

A Chatot hopped out into view curiously. "Oh no y-" It echoed her, but only got that far when the pokeball smacked it on the beak.

Pokémon using: None
    Pokémon trying to catch: Chatot
    Point Requirement: 26
    Item Being Used/Quantity: 1x Pokeball
    Points On Hand: 75
    Points After: 49

Palila watched the Pokeball struggle for some time, and bit her lip, not approaching. It seemed like this pokemon was going to be strong and hard to control. Thinking about it, this is one pokemon she really could use.
    "C'mon c'mon. Stay in! I don't have a poketch anymore, so you're gonna be my messenger service, you magnificent mimic!"
    And with that, the pokeball stopped shaking. It locked tight, just like all the others.
    Palila picked up the ball and spun on her heel, making a beeline for the pokecentre.

((Palila Exits Pokemon Platinum -- Might do one or two posts later, sending the Chatot back and forth to the group with recorded messages to say stuff like DONT WORRY I'M FINE BYE, but she's not going to physically be around))
    Last edited by Lychee; 07-22-2019 at 02:15 AM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (0/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (0/14)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (0/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (0/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Apollo (0/22)
    [Spritzee, Male]
    Martini (0/14)
    [Quilava, Female]

Amy gladly took half of the towel when Palilia scooted over. She chuckled at the 'drowned rattata' comment and said, "See? I told you my makeup was ruined. Thanks for sharing the towel. Freezing out here. Why can't it be warm like in Kalos or Alola?"

Amy didn't seem at all bothered by sharing the towel and sitting next to Palilia. She was so cold she was still shivering a bit, so she was greatly for every ounce of body heat they could share between one another. Then Palilia suggested that she run ahead to town to get dry clothes and the like. Amy started to protest. "W-Wait we d-don't have any conscious Pokémon! Wh-wh-what if you get attacked!" But, Palilia was headstrong. She had made her decision and was sticking to it. She dashed ahead without even saying goodbye.

Amy clung tightly to the blanket as Palilia ran off. She hadn't liked the trainer at first but as time had gone on she had warmed towards her some. She hoped Palilia would be okay. Amy looked at Sophie and the others. She frowned and started to stand up. "Well don't just stand there! We need to follow her before I freeze my butt off!"
    / / / / / / / /

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (0/14) Emperor (1/16) Arc (15/15) *Unnamed* (0/5) Enigma (30/30) Eevee (0/25)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 204
    Time: Noon
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Kinnie, Matthias, Drake, Marina, Cody

Palila left, which by this point, I shouldn't be surprised by. Before I could speak up my Poketch buzzed.

"We need to talk about what happened today. I am freaking the hell out. Meet near Valley Windworks in an hour, and we can figure out what to do now. If you're not there then, I will not stick around. It's too dangerous to dawdle. Nathan."

I quickly opened the maps and saw it was 50 minutes from here with the town on the way.

"Well don't just stand there! We need to follow her before I freeze my butt off!" Amy said, pulling me from my thoughts.

"No." I replied softly. Part of me hated doing this, but I needed to, for the rest of the team.

"Nathan just messaged me, freaking out about what's happening and has asked to regroup as quickly as possible, and figure out what to do next." I explained, "We don't have time to round her up, and then find Nathan."

"Nathan saved our a**es back at the lake and is now in possibly more danger than the rest of us. He doesn't know about Robocop, and didn't get the heads up about the warrants that we did. And Palila is never gonna stop running off." I explained, "I know it seems harsh, but we owe it to Nathan to help him out. Palila can find her own way back."

"We have enough time to stop by in town to get you into some dry clothes and run our Pokemon through the healing machines, but Nathan will only be at the meeting place for an hour." I explained, "If we run into Palila between now and then, great, but we can't keep doing this for her..."

RAE'S CHATOT (26/26)
    Trainer Palila Rae

((Since I can't play with Briar yet, but I still want to play, I figure its a good idea to wrap up Palilas storyline nicely.))

A Chatot with feather colours surprisingly similar to Palila's original hairstyle would fly over to the group sometime between Route 204 and Floaroma town. The team probably got the feeling it was hers- especially if they took out any pokeballs to catch it (they would say it was already caught and owned by "Rae", a trainer whose card was missing quite a lot of detail. It chirped a few times like the birds around it, and then began imitating human voices.

"The people I was travelling with suck, and that stupid professor is out to kill us. Your team Galactic really saved my ass back there, when the laser-gun-arm man with dinosaur pokemon ambushed us."
    "I'm guessing after that fiasco you guys need more of a crew? Am I cool to join?"

"What happened back there was a massacre. I knew a few of those trainers."

"I heard that the only reason they found your friends was because of one of your group members. Tall kid, kinda odd."

"Honestly, if you dont mind tracking down legendary pokemon and breaking the law to do whatever it takes to solve the damn mess we are in. You are more than welcome."

"Laws are for losers, anyway."

It was clear what this meant. It was easy to recognize one of the voices in the Chatots mimicry.
    Palila was not coming back.

The bird said these lines a few times on repeat so that everyone could hear them, fluffed its feathers happily in a self satisfied way, and took off back towards Floaroma town. Being fully healed, fully evolved, and a higher level than any of the other bird pokemon the trainer group had, it easily outflew any pokemon the trainers might try to get to chase after it.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (0/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (0/14)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (0/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (0/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Apollo (0/22)
    [Spritzee, Male]
    Martini (0/14)
    [Quilava, Female]

Amy opened her mouth to protest only to sneeze instead. She frowned, deciding to take that as a sign to not say anything at all. She understood Sophie's mentality to some degree, but at the same time she knew Nathan a whole lot less well than she did Palila. Nathan had saved them once, but so had Palila. Fact of the matter was, Amy trusted Palila more than she did Nathan. She was partly tempted to leave, follow after Palila and run ahead. But who was to say Sophie wouldn't leave her behind too. Without the professor though, it felt like Amy was no more likely to get home with this group now than she would on her own. So needless to say, Amy was greatly displeased, and it was obvious.

Then along came the multicolored bird. Amy listened quietly as it chattered away, a bit hurt by Palila's words. Sure they had gotten off to a rocky start but at least more recently they had had somewhat friendly exchanges. Either way it only soured her mood more. Wiping the remnants of her makeup off with the towel, Amy gave Sophie and the others a stern look. With her makeup gone, the bags under Amy's eyes from several days worth of almost no sleep were very evident, another contributing factor to her bad mood. "Well I guess we don't have to worry about it any longer. So let's go meet the friendly stranger, shall we? Hopefully it's not a trap," she said callously before walking ahead of the group. She wasn't going to wait any longer. She was cold. She was tired. And she just wanted to go home.
    / / / / / / / /