Terry (18/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Apollo (22/22)
    [Spritzee, Male]
    Martini (14/14)
    [Quilava, Female]
    Temporary Partner: King Leer the Shiny Budew
    Items: x4 Pokeballs, Fresh Water

Amy frowned at Palila. She listened to the words echo through the cavern before crossing her arms and shrugging. "Well, unlike you, I never slept, so I had plenty of time to put it on." She sighed and scanned around a little. "It brings me some sense of comfort and normalcy to have something of a routine established. And since I didn't want to disturb anyone with my insomnia routines, I just stayed out of the room most of the night, doing my makeup and other like things." She looked back at Palila. "That's part of why I never offered to share my room with you. I barely sleep most nights and I didn't want to disturb you."

Amy started to trudge through the water a bit. "We need to find our way back to the others. Any ideas?"
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 06-19-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (25/25) Staravia (15/25) Prinlup (25/25) Wingull (25/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (0/15) Eevee -shiny (0/25)
    Partner Pokemon: Chatot
    Posts to hatch egg: Trash Burmy (17/20)
    Items: 1x Greatball, 7x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8)

Palila looked both confused and annoyed that Amy hadn't slept. Yesterday had been so draining, she felt like she wanted to sleep for an extra week just to get rid of the adrenaline crash. She heard her mothers voice echo in her mind, and opened her mouth to speak the same words that had been spoken to her - but then closed her mouth again.
    Amy didn't need protection, or instructions. She wasn't a sibling. She wasn't even someone Palila particularly cared about. Self care advice was not needed or wanted.

When asked about how to rejoin the others, Palila sloshed around in the shallows, looking back at where they had fallen through.
    "Helloo-Ooo?" She called, wondering if anyone else from the group would call back.
    "I'm pretty sure they aren't far away- we can't have rolled too far." She took another step and nearly slipped over on an uneven rock under the water.
    "Woah!" She shouted, and her voice echoed across the water again, causing Dartrix to startle and take flight.
    Palila grumbled, a little more quietly this time.
    "Being outside in the light would make this a lot better. Let's just get the heckamo-o outside."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (18/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (14/14)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (22/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (18/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Apollo (22/22)
    [Spritzee, Male]
    Martini (14/14)
    [Quilava, Female]
    Items: x4 Pokeballs, Fresh Water

Amy followed along behind Palila, hoping Martini was providing enough light that they could navigate back to the others with relative ease. But unfortunately, it wasn't enough. Palila slipped on a rock in the water. Amy instinctively reached out and grabbed the girl, even if she wasn't in much danger of falling.

"Are you alright?" Amy asked, hanging on to Palila to make sure she was steady before releasing her. "Yeah, Martini's not providing enough light. The others can't be far though. We both need to be careful of the slippery rocks though." Amy glanced over the water. "Maybe of the fish too. Who knows how they'll take to our presence if we linger much longer." Amy continued on beside Palila and said, "If you feel unsteady just grab onto me okay? At the very least we'll both fall and then at least it won't be one of us soaking wet." She laughed a little to herself and mumbled, "Ah I sound just like Brent."
    / / / / / / / /

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (14/14) Emperor (16/16) Arc (15/15) *Unnamed* (5/5) Enigma (30/30) Eevee (25/25)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 204
    Time: 11am
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Kinnie, Matthias, Palila, Drake, Marina, Cody

I let the others enter the cave first, partially to make sure we hadn't lost anyone and also to try and gauge how they were doing. For the most part they were quiet. Not like I blamed them. I was feeling like shutting out the world as well...

As I walked in I watched as Palila had one of her Pokemon use rock-smash to clear one of the rocks that was blocking the path. However things didn't go to plan. The ground cracked underneath them, before giving way, as her and Amy fell through.

"S***!" I shouted, as I ran forward. The ground was crumbling, leaving a hole about 6 foot across in the ground into blackness below. I screeched to a halt when I saw how unstable the ground was. The sound of running water seemed to come up from below. Before I could say anything else I heard the sound of Palila's voice shout across the chasm.

Makeup?? Makeup?? Makeup??

Based on the fact that Amy seemed to always find time to get her makeup on properly, regardless of the situation, and the tone of Palila's voice with that, my guess was that they were both okay.

"Are either of you hurt?" I shouted into the hole...

GM Post
    @Noblejanobii @Lychee

As you talk, the sound of Pokemon echoes across the cavern. However you also find signs of human activity down there...

@Noblejanobii
    Item Found: Great Ball
    Cost: Free

@Lychee
    A Wild Pokemon Appears!

5. This post has been liked by:

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (25/25) Staravia (15/25) Prinlup (25/25) Wingull (25/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (0/15) Eevee -shiny (0/25)
    Posts to hatch egg: Trash Burmy (18/20)
    Items: 1x Greatball, 7x Pokeballs (-1), 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8), Locked pokeball with Zubat (0/9)

Palila let Amy hang onto her, glad that somebody down there had a fire Pokemon. Technically, she had caught a Shinx which probably could have let out some light- but it was locked in its ball! She reached into her pocket, angrily fiddling with the button on Shinx's Pokeball, trying to click it.

Are either of you hurt? Sophies voice echoed from somewhere, and a screech followed soon thereafter.

"No we aren't hurt- Ugh! Shut up!" Palila yelled back as a zubat came zooming past, teeth bared and ready to battle. She didn't realize that Sophie could probably hear her shouting to shut up- and her hand switched over to an empty pokeball, tossing it at the creature out of habit.

Pokemon catching: Zubat (9 points)
    Item using: Pokeball
    Pokemon using: none
    Points before: 56
    Points after: 47

Plonk!
    The pokeball, now full, fell into the shallow water in the cave, just in front of Palila.
    She picked it up and tried the button. Locked. Just like the Shinx.
    "Nuts. Maybe I shouldn't have thrown out that Poketch thing."

Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokémon: (6/6)
    | Hannig♂ | 18/18
    | Vilne♂ | 15/15
    | Fiona♀ | 15/15
    | Guinness♂ | 18/18
    | Beluga♀ | 15/15
    | Lonroch♀ | 14/14
    Items: x19, x1, x2, x1, x1
    Total Posts: 52

Kinnie's zombie-like state had been broken when the biggest source of light in the tunnel vanished, and she barely had time to react as the two girls tumbled through the newly created opening in the rocky ground. Sophie was quick to rush forward and check to see if they had been injured, but the response sounded positive. It was followed by screeches and Palila yelling again, and Kinnie tried her hardest to peer through the opening to see what was happening. She couldn't get a glimpse, so she turned to Sophie.

"Should we follow them down?" she asked, eying the crumbled ground before returning her gaze to Sophie.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (18/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (14/14)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (22/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (18/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Apollo (22/22)
    [Spritzee, Male]
    Martini (14/14)
    [Quilava, Female]
    Items: x4 Pokeballs, x1 Greatball, Fresh Water

Amy heard Sophie call down and was about to respond when her foot hit something in the water. She bent down to pick it up and squinted at it in the minimal light. A greatball? That meant people had been down here before. Well given there were no skeletons down here thus far it also probably meant there was a way out. Amy stood back up straight and called out, "Yeah we're fine! There's no skeletons or anything down here but there is this Greatball so perhaps people have been down here before and managed to find an exit?"

Amy blinked when Palila muttered about her Poketch before hitting herself in the forehead. Oh she was such an idiot. "Hang on." Amy tapped her X-Transceiver and the screen lit up in the darkness. She squinted at the home screen as she navigated the menu before turning on the small flashlight built into the watch. "Here this should provide us some more light until my battery gives out." Amy swept the light across the cavern, looking for any sign of an exit. "Do you see any way out?" Amy asked Palila..
    / / / / / / / /

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Posts to hatch egg: Trash Burmy (19/20)
    Items: 1x Greatball, 6x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8), Locked pokeball with Zubat (0/9)

Palila looked over at Amy when she mentioned skeletons. Skeletons??
    She hadn't even CONSIDERED that there could be skeletons in this cave! She shivered. Okay, that was a spooky idea. No wonder Amy had panic attacks, with that sort of thing being the first thing she thought when she found a pokeball!
    She mumbled "Someone could have just thrown a greatball down the hole by accident..."
    Maybe THEY were going to be the skeletons. She shuffled a little closer to Amy. Dying in a hole was not on her to-do list today.

When Amy found a torch and turned it on, Palila breathed a sigh of relief. That was MUCH better! It was comforting to have a beam of light shining around down here- even if it was strapped to Amys wrist.
    She swallowed the growing feeling of unease and cast her eyes around the cavern, following the light.
    "Well, the water is trickling, I think. Can you hear it?" She was quiet for a moment before continuing. "Most caves with water running through them in Alola end up with a nice big opening near the beach- and its usually an easy exit." She didn't know about this region, but she knew some logical things about her own.
    "May as well follow it? Not like we have much else to do down here except chill."

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (14/14) Emperor (16/16) Arc (15/15) *Unnamed* (5/5) Enigma (30/30) Eevee (25/25)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 204
    Time: 11am
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Kinnie, Matthias, Palila, Drake, Marina, Cody

I was relieved when I heard Palila yelling at something, and Amy mention the Greatball. People had been down there, and unless they died there, they must have gotten in out another way, seeing as this entrance didn't exist an hour ago. I looked at my Poketch to see if there was anything there that could help, but found I had no service. This cave was blocking it all out.

"Should we follow them down?" Kinnie asked. I was almost shocked to hear her speak. She had been silent since she got knocked out by Robocop yesterday. But she raised a good point.

We could try and follow them down, but what if we are wrong, and there isn't a way out? What if that greatball were carried through a tiny crack by a small Pokemon? What if we get down but can't get back up? Or someone injures themselves? But what if we don't and they get lost down there? We could get them to wait here and find help, but that could blow our cover. Professor Rowan wants me to be a leader and make the call, but it feels like that means having to choose between half our team...

"I don't know, Kinnie..." I said quietly, "I don't want to just leave them, but I don't want to risk the rest of the group getting stuck, or someone getting hur-"

Suddenly, I had a realization. I could hear running water, and it wasn't a trickle. There was serious movement of water down there, which meant two things. Firstly, if that section of the cave were completely sealed, the water would be stagnant. The water must come from somewhere outside, and the fact it isn't flooding means the water must leave somewhere else. Secondly, for the amount of noise it is making, there must be a lot of water flowing, which means that there must be a pretty large opening to the outside to let all that water in and out. They would be able to get out, but it will be cold and wet...

"Hey guys! The water has to come from somewhere, so there is probably a way out where the water is coming in to the cave." I shouted into the hole, "Try and find where it is coming in and we will try and find the water source on the other side. If we don't see you in three hours, we will come back here with help!"

*Insert Response here*

"Right now the best thing we can do for them, is try and find the water source on the outside." I explained to the rest of the group, "From there, we might be able to help them get out, which means we need to get the hell out of this f***ing cave..."

Our path was now blocked by a six foot gap that Amy and Palila had fallen through. Whilst there were probably safer ways of getting across, that would take more time than we had. With enough of a run-up, this gap would be easy enough to jump. But getting the team across wouldn't be an easy task. Even if all of them could probably make the jump, the biggest obstacle would be the little voice in their head telling them not to. As I thought about this I remembered one of Dad's early training sessions.

"What do you think is the biggest detriment to us as people? The thing that gets in our way most?" Dad asked me, seeming to want an answer, but it might as well have been rhetorical, because I had no idea what he wanted to hear.

"I have no idea." I replied. I would have been thirteen at the time, and had no clue what all this training is for.

"Doubt. Doubt is what gets in our way." Dad explained, "Because of this, you must remove all doubt."

"I'm not sure I follow..."

"Think about it this way." Dad explained, "I have never been caught by a red light camera. But every day, dozens of people are caught at the intersection near your school. Do you know why?"

I shook my head, wondering what the hell Dad's driving had to do with this.

"Because people second guess themselves. They see the light go orange, and start to slow down, but then change their mind and try and drive through, or they decide to try and get through, but second guess themselves and slow down, and end up running it." Dad explained, "They doubt themselves, they don't follow through, and they make mistakes."

Dad gestured towards the punching bag he had hanging up. I walked over, stepping behind it, poking my head around the side to see what Dad was going to do.

"I am going to teach you how to defend yourself, but before anything else, know this." Dad explained, "If you have already started to take action, then it is past the point of thinking about it. You have to commit to it."

Dad went to punch the bag, however seemed to pull back at the last second, as if he had changed his mind. The impact was weak, barely resonating through the bag.

"When you go to take action, your mind will try to tell you you are doing the wrong thing, and make you stop. Don't listen to it." Dad explained, "If you have decided to act, then commit to it, and follow it through.

Dad punched the bag, this time not holding back. This time, I felt the force of the punch.

"If you let doubt get to you, it will interfere and hold you back Sophie." Dad explained, "You are capable of more than you realize. We all are."

I had faith that the others could clear the gap. I just wasn't sure that they had that same faith, and if what Dad said was true, that would be the difference. I pulled my bag off my back, before tossing it to the other side of the gap, and taking a few steps back, counting the steps, and figuring out which foot would be the one I launch from. Then I sprinted forward. Forcing all doubt from my mind, I reached the edge, and launched myself across the gap.

There was a crunch as my feet made contact with the rocky ground on the other side, and I slid to a halt.

"Chuck your bags over, then jump across." I said, "Don't overthink it! Just commit to it! Once you start running there is no turning back."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (18/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (14/14)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (22/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (18/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Apollo (22/22)
    [Spritzee, Male]
    Martini (14/14)
    [Quilava, Female]
    Items: x4 Pokeballs, x1 Greatball, Fresh Water

Amy listened as Sophie and Palila both seemed to notice the water they were standing in was near running water. They had a deadline, three hours. Got it. "We'll hopefully see you in three hours then!" Amy called back before turning back to Palila. "Right yeah that makes sense. The same is true in Kalos except it's usually a dump out into a river nearby or a lake. This place either has a stream or a river running through it so the water has to be going somewhere."

Amy swung her light around a bit. "Probably best we follow our ears until we can see the movement of the water." Amy paused and listened for a bit. "Sounds like we need to go this way," she said after a moment, carefully leading Palila through the water, trying to ensure they didn't slip or fall on the uneven terrain. "We also need to be careful of the fish nearby so..." Amy returned Martini to her Pokéball and sent out Terry. "Two water types should be good with your Dartrix and Prinplup." Suddenly an idea hit Amy. "Wait you have a Dartrix! Can they see in the dark like Noctowl? Maybe your Dartrix can help scout the way out!"
    / / / / / / / /