Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Name: Matthias Grand
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:

Instinct (0/5)
    Current Location: Twinleaf Town

From a nicely shaded spot hidden from the large group of people, Matthias listened. Hoping to hear something useful.

The first thing he heard was the boy who had been tied up and then filming everything yell "I know why I am here!". he then went running up to the old man. Matthias listened to their conversation.

A noise alerted him to someone making their way through the trees after him. Was it another one of those weirdly dressed bullies. He watched for the source of the noise and noticed the girl with the knife. She had followed him, did that make her ally or foe? Only one way to find out.

"Psst! Over here!" Matthias whispered in her direction. He crept towards her. "Old man says he is professor who can get us home. I'm assuming we all got here the same way, darkness, bright light, and boom in strange place. Could be worth checking him out."

Name: Tony Joy
    Team Status: [Zuko- Torchic, Male (0/5)]
    Items: None

Tony looked over at Sophie. "Yeah, I'm with you on that." he said. "I don't know what's going on, but if he can shed any light on our situation, even as little as a candle's worth, I'm willing to listen." He looked at the pokeball in his hand. "Besides, it will be the fastest way to get to a pokemon center so that we can heal up our partners." he added.

Trainer Renny Thomas
    Team Status
    - - - - - -
    Partner Pokemon:
    -- (--)
    Egg: --- (Steps to Hatch ??/??)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

Renny paused to hear the older gentleman out but quickly got distracted by his own thought. So this was Professor Rowan?? He definitely was no Kukui. But so far he hadn't tried to hug Renny and that was fine by him. Rowan looked like a crotchety old man at first with a big grey duster over his mouth. He looked kind of like an old dectective who was on his last week of work before retirement. Renny paused trying to catch what he was saying

" sounds fair" Renny said responding to Rowand proposal.

If he could get Renny a map and possibly us his phone he could call home and let his mom know he would be safe. She could probably transfer over his pokemon which would help to help track down mesprit.

Renny stayed relatively quiet on the way back to the professors lab. A lot of the trainers seemed to bound a little over the battle. He instead focused on getting answers and keeping an eye open for anymore legendary pokemon

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

((XD "Big grey duster over his mouth" @Rival Max ))
    Trainer Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokemon: N/A
    Current Game Points: 9

The blonde boy was easy enough to find--mostly because he made himself apparent by whispering to get Kinnie's attention. She thought he made for a rather poor escapee, revealing his location so willingly. She realised she was still brandishing her knife and sheathed it, almost embarrassed.

After the boy divulged how he ended up in Sinnoh (or Johto), she found herself suspicious and curious. It was indeed the same way she got here, and Camera Boy had mentioned his identical transportation. Given the way Blondie was talking, the whole group of teenagers had the same thing happen to them.

She frowned a little, looking back towards the lake. "Where is the law enforcement? Those teammates are criminals..." She looked back to Blondie. "The old man let them all go. He could be working with them." Her face hardened as she considered. Then she looked back at the boy. "Okay. I'll see what he can offer me, but I don't have to trust him."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (5/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Items: N/A

Amy frowned as the other discussed how they were just going to jump in this old man's van. Were they insane? Did they not teach basic kidnapping avoidance where these guys were from? You never get in a strange man's van. She glared at the others. "Uhhh we don't know this guy though? Sure he saved us but to what end? He could be doing it just to manipulate our trust. I am not getting into some stranger's van. My girlfriend would lose her mind if she found out I broke how to avoid being kidnapped rule number 1!"

Amy glanced over at Tony and rubbed her chin. "Getting to a pokemon center is tempting, but that still doesn't ease my suspicions. I don't know who either of these guys are. Why on earth would I trust them so much as to get into a vehicle with them to which they could transport us literally anywhere. They could take us to Jubilife, or a port, or literally any other place besides the one they're telling us they're taking us to!"
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (0/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Time: 5:45 pm
    Day: 1
    Date: September 6th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony

Amy voiced her concerns, and I considered them before speaking up.

"You may be right." I explained, "But this guy has also now seen you drop those two grunts, and me do... that."

I gestured to the pool of blood on the ground from the thug I incapacitated. I didn't like thinking about it too much.

"I don't think an old dude like that would try any shift s*** on us after witnessing that." I explained, "Besides, he so far is the closest thing to a lead on what the hell happened to me, and from what I gather, some of the others here."

The guy who arrived with Rowan must have been listening to us, as he chimed in.

"I know you don't know me, and have no reason to believe me, but he is the real deal." he explained, "I've heard what he has to say, and trust me, you will want to hear this..."

I had a think about it. Dad would kill me if he found out. But Dad's not here. And now I had to stand my ground...

"Fact is that something big is going on here, whether we like it or not. I have mysteriously ended up in Sinnoh, and I have found someone who may be able to help me figure out what has happened." I explained confidently, "I will be careful, but I'm taking this chance."

"If you're ready, I'm heading back to Sandgem Town now, if any of you want to come to the lab and hear what I have to say." came the voice of the professor.

With that, I nodded at Amy, before following Rowan to the van with the others who decided to give him a chance.

(Sorry @Noblejanobii but we are that close to finishing the opening event and actually getting Pokemon, and I gotta move this along.)

The van itself was a modern silver vehicle, with twelve seats. As we made our way there, I kept my eyes out for anyone waiting to jump us, or anyone hiding in the van, but it seemed pretty clear.

The trip was mostly in quiet, with the odd conversation between passengers. Twenty minutes later, the professor spoke up.

"We're here."

Next to us was a modern looking building with a sign out the front.

Sinnoh Regional Research Laboratory.

We made our way inside, before Professor Rowan addressed us all.

"For the last month, there has been something strange happening in Sinnoh." Rowan explained, "There have been wormholes opening, linking Sinnoh to other worlds. Or at least, that is my guess."

Rowan continued.

"When they first started appearing, I began monitoring the nearby area, and recording when the wormholes opened and closed. However my hypothesis was confirmed when I met Nathan here."

The young man who had accompanied Rowan to the lake, and came back with us nodded.

"The wormholes are usually open for roughly five minutes each." Rowan explained, "However two days ago, a wormhole appeared in Route 201, that was only open for ten seconds. The first of its kind. I rushed to where the computer said it was, and found Nathan unconscious."

Nathan shifted awkwardly, seeming embarrassed at the thought of being knocked out.

"At first I thought that it was simply a link between here and another place in this world, however I did some digging and found out that Nathan and his family do not exist in this world. He did not come from here. And he said that his world had gone dark just before he was brought here."

I was shocked at what the professor was saying. Did this mean I was in a parallel world?

"Tell me, and be honest." The professor asked, "How many of you found yourselves here, after being thousands of miles away only minutes earlier, with no cellular reception?"

The professor then pressed a button on his computer, displaying a map of Twinleaf Town and Route 201 on the screen. On this map were seven markings, each with a time next to them. After a moment, I recognized one of them as the place I found myself when I woke up, and the time being the same.

"Just under an hour ago, my equipment went haywire. Over half a dozen wormholes like the one where I found Nathan had opened." Rowan explained, "And by the time I got there, all I could hear was chaos coming from Lake Verity."

"You're all new trainers, are you not?" Rowan asked, "I saw your Pokemon battle at the lake. They are all infants, and seemed like they were used to battling alongside you."

"This is all too neat and logical for it to be random." Rowan explained, "The fact that over half a dozen beginning trainers arrive in this world, on the day a criminal group make a play to capture a Legendary Pokemon, seems to intentional."

"Here is what I think." Rowan continued, "I think that there is something up there that planned this. Sinnoh mythology speaks of Pokemon capable of making something like this happen. They saw calamity coming to this world, and tried to stop it, by bringing people to save it. They brought you. And now, I want to help you."

The professor moved to a table, where he pressed the buttons on three Pokeballs, revealing three Pokemon, which looked like a grass, fire and water type. My guess was that they were the Sinnoh starter Pokemon.

Credit

"Mesprit is one of three beings that represent the human condition created by Arceus. It represents human emotion. Alongside it are Uxie, the being of knowledge, andAzelf, the being of willpower. Arceus also created Dialga, the master of Time, and Palkia, the master of space, and gave Mesprit, Uxie and and Azelf the ability to calm them and manipulate their will." Rowan explained, "I believe that Team Galactic made a play to capture Mespirit, as means of manipulating Dialga or Palkia, and that it is something to do with these wormholes. And for some reason, Arceus brought you here in order to stop them. And I don't think you will be able to return home until you do."

"Team Galactic made a play for Mesprit, and I wouldn't be surprised if they went for Azelf or Uxie next. But you went to defend Mesprit without even knowing why. That can't be an accident. So I want to offer each of you a Pokemon. One that I'd usually give to a beginning trainer from here in Sinnoh." Rowan said, "From here, I want you to go to Lake Valor in the East, and Lake Acuity in the North, battling the gyms on your way to become stronger, and keep these Pokemon safe."

"I will want to speak to each other you individually first, just to make sure that these Pokemon will be with responsible trainers, and to pick who I think should lead you, but that is my proposal. What do you say?"

OOC: For the individual speaking part, I will get in touch with you via IM/PM and we can have an in game conversation between Professor Rowan and your character.
    Listed is how I will get in touch with you: @Noblejanobii: Discord @Shruikan: Discord @Rival Max: Facebook @Suicune's Fire: Facebook @Brettles: Facebook @AWA1997: PXR Private messages.

This is mostly for story purposes and character development.
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:22 AM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (5/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Items: N/A

Amy's frown twisted into a bit of a snarl as Sophie tried to further convince her to enter the vehicle. The only thing that was keeping Amy from fleeing this very moment was Sophie's point that him having witnessed their self defense skills might make him less likely to try and dupe him. As the others moved towards the van, Amy lingered behind. She gazed out over the lake and thought over the man's words again. He could get them home? Amy put her hand on her heart, suddenly really starting to miss Theresa. Was she okay? She needed to get back to her, even if it meant being more reckless than usual. Putting one foot in front of the other, Amy moved towards the van and climbed in.

She listened to Professor Rowan's explanation in silence. It made some sense, in the way weird things like this situation did. But it raised more questions than answers. Why her? Why not Theresa? Who were these beings that brought them there? What calamity was building for them? Amy didn't really want to be a part of this. It sounded like it was going to take a while. She wanted to go home now. This could take months! Maybe even years! Wouldn't she be proclaimed dead by then? Wouldn't Theresa move on? Wouldn't she lose everything?

Amy snapped out of her thoughts when the professor spoke to her. "I don't believe I got your name?" he said.

Amy summoned her sharpest glare and crossed her arms, folding her legs together too in the hopes of appearing somewhat intimidating. "Yeah, I didn't give it to you," she answered in a growl.

"So should I refer to you as "Girl with the flannel top?"" Professor Rowan replied. Amy detected a bit of sass in his tone. Oh he thought he was funny huh?

Amy shrugged. "If you so wish." Two could play at that game.

"Okay then 'Girl with the flannel top', where you you from before you found yourself here? What did you do?"

Amy raised her eyebrows. "My occupation is none of your business, but if you must know, I'm from Kalos," she responded with a sharp tone, hoping the edge to her voice would stop the unwanted questions.

Professor Rowan chuckled. "Who I am giving these young Pokemon to, IS my business. I'd hate to give them to you and find them being sold illegally or something of that variety. And I can't help but be a little suspicious at your ability to incapacitate those thugs back at the lake..."

Amy paused and pursed her lips. "Hmm that is a fair concern." She rubbed her chin. "Happens quite frequently in Kalos from what I've seen and heard." Amy let out a long sigh. Thinking back to how she got her own starter, such risks were high. She could really empathize with that distrust. "My girlfriend is a police officer in Kalos. She taught me basic self defense in case I ran into the wrong group of people like those thugs or something." Amy paused and bit her lip a bit then added, "I don't like surrendering this information but whatever." She gave a little bow and said, "Amy Risa, upcoming fashion designer from Kalos at your service."

Rowan smiled, almost as if he knew that tactic would work. "Nice to meet you Amy. I just have one last question. What made you decide to go to the lake?"

Amy paused in thought and gave another shrug. "Like I said, girlfriend's a police officer. I've seen and helped her with some of the operations she undertakes. Blowing up a lake certainly doesn't seem legal." She smirked and added, "Plus, when someone tells me not to do something, I like to see if I can do it anyway."

Rowan chuckled. "Oh, to be young again..." Amy frowned a little at the remark, prompting the professor to continue. "Well, now all that is left, is for you to choose your starter. Have a think about it, and once I am done talking to the others, come speak to me."

Amy waved him off and let him continue to speak with the others. She stayed off by herself and began to think over the situation. Was this really the only way? To get home? To get to Theresa? Amy looked over at the starters again. So be it then. For Theresa. But which starter should she take? Gazing at them, Amy began to think over a conversation she had had with Theresa a long time ago.

"Still stuck on what starter you want?" Theresa asked, looking at the computer screen over Amy's shoulder. "That is a really tough decision. But I'm sure you'll make the right one."

Amy frowned some and looked over at Theresa. "What was your first pokemon?"

"Mine? A tentacool." Theresa sat down next to Amy and shrugged. "Officers don't get traditional starters. They assign up pokemon based on their weakest areas in order to teach them how to become better officers. I wasn't great underwater so they gave me a tentacool."

"Right... well if you could have any starter? What would you pick?" Amy asked.

Theresa hmmed and haaed over it for a bit before saying, "Probably another water type for the same reason. Piplup are supposed to be great swimmers so maybe that? The steel typing would also be great for handling the fairies in this region too." Theresa paused before smiling and adding, "Plus it's pretty cute."

Amy nodded to herself. It was settled then. She knew which starter she wanted.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Name: Matthias Grand
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:

Instinct (0/5)

Matthias laughed at the girl's comment. "Law enforcement? Better off avoiding them until we work out who is in charge around here. Could be those goons who caught you are the law around here. Either way that old man and his van look like the best way to get to a Pokemon center. If he is anything like Professor Oak, he could be worth listening to."

Mathias quietly got into the van making as little fuss as possible and sitting quietly, listening to the conversations around him.

He listened to the Professor's explanation of why he thought they had all been brought to Sinnoh. Someone or something thought that Matthias was going to be a hero and save the country. Matthias smirked when he heard that. Still give the right answers and he could scam one of those new Pokemon from this professor guy. Then Squirtle could have a partner to train with. That last battle had been embarrassing.

He sat down and tried to work out what sort of answers that professor was looking for, so that he could 'massage the truth' into a more sympathetic story.

Name: Tony Joy
    Team Status: [Zuko- Torchic, Male (0/5)]
    Items: None

Tony got in the van with the professor. When they got to his lab, he listened to what Rowan had to say. “I knew there were some powerful legendary pokemon, but ones able to pull people from other worlds into their own?” he said quietly to himself. “The most powerful ones I knew of were continent-level.” Tony began to think things over. It all made sense, but... why him? And if there were pokemon powerful enough to do this, how powerful can they get?

The professor approached Tony. "So young man, what's your name?” he asked, snapping Tony out of his thoughts.

“Tony Joy.” he responded with a slight bow.

"And what was life like for you back home? What did you do?”

“Most of my time was spent taking care of my younger sister because both of my parents worked all day. But that’s to be expected when your mother is a nurse and your father a gym leader.”

"And what did you want to do with your life? What did you aspire to be?'

Tony hesitated slightly on this question. “I didn’t have any specific plans on what I wanted to do. I just knew I wanted to make something of myself like my parents did, and I was going to use my Pokémon journey to explore the region and figure out the best course of action.”

"That's fair enough. So you want to make the best of your circumstances?"

“Yes sir. I do not know much about the world at large, yours or mine, so I’ll take whatever I feel the best course given to me is.”

"So why did you go to the lake today?"

Again, Tony paused. “Pure curiosity, I guess. They announced the lake was off limits and then we heard an explosion. I wanted to know what was going on.”

"So it was a desire for knowledge?”

“Yes sir.”

You mentioned you parents jobs. So you have some experience with Pokemon?"

“I was raised around a lot of pokemon, but I wouldn’t say I have experience with them. My father believed in letting the journey teach me, but he couldn’t just take a break from gym leading to take care of my sister while I was on my journey. The only reason I even started my journey this year is because he retired.”

"Fair enough. Well, what I want is for you to have a think about which starter you would like, and when I am done speaking to the others, you can let me know."

Tony began thinking things over. The pokemon he had the most ‘experience’ with were fire type. That’s the type his father used, and living near a volcano, many fire pokemon traveled there, though they never stayed. It would probably be smarter to get a grass or water pokemon to counter weaknesses, but... Tony just couldn’t shake the feeling of wanting to double his fire power.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (0/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Time: 5:45 pm
    Day: 1
    Date: September 6th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias

“I was interested in what I saw before.” Professor Rowan explained, “What’s your name?”

I shuddered when I knew what he was talking about, however lied. It wasn’t something I’m proud of.

“Sophie. Sophie Reed.” I replied, “But I’m not sure what you’re talking about?”

“You taking down that grunt back at the lake.” Rowan said, “I have not seen any girls your age able to take down someone that much bigger than themselves with such ease. Now tell me, why did you attack the way you did?”

“My dad has been training me since I was a kid. Pokemon battling, survival and self defence.” I explained, “He taught me that sequence, because it’s enough to protect myself, without killing them. I’d practised it on dummies before, but that was the first time I ever used that on another person.”

I stood shaking at the thought.

“It’s not something I ever wanted to do, but when I saw the grunt go for that girl, I couldn’t let it happen.”

Rowan looked at me solemnly.

“Tell me about your dad.” Rowan asked, “He seems interesting.”

“I don’t know what to tell.” I replied, “I hardly know a thing about him. I know that he travelled when he was my age and things went south.”

“How so?”

“I have no idea. He refuses to tell me and forbids anybody from telling me anything about it. Says I am too young.” I explained, “One time, his sister told me he battles Pokemon like his life depends on it, because for a long time it did. But he was furious when he found out, and I have heard nothing since.”

“He insists that I need to be ready, but he refuses to tell me what for.” I explained, finding myself getting angry, “He tells me that I should have nothing to do with Legendary Pokemon, saying that people who get involved with them end up fighting their wars and dying. He refused to let me travel Johto as part of a group, because it makes me responsible for their safety, and he doesn’t want me looking out for anyone but myself.”

“I mean, what sort of self centered a**hole teaches their kid that? That everything they do in life should be for their own best interests and nothing more?” I asked, “If everyone had the same attitude as him, the world would be a s*** place…”

“I’m sorry that you feel that way.” Rowan replied, “It can’t be easy having that sort of strain on a relationship with a parent.”

Rowan paused for a moment.

“But now I have a question in mind.” Rowan explained, “From what you have told me, everything about what I have said, what I am asking of you, goes against everything you have been taught. Where does this place you?”

I thought about how to word this for a moment.

“If what you said is true, and we were brought here to stop some impending doom, I would be a selfish a**hole to say no. It’s just not who I am.” I said, “Dad has given me absolutely no reason to go against what my instincts tell me, and to take his life advice. So if this is what is needed of me, I’m going to do it.”

Rowan smiled.

“That’s what I like to hear.” Rowan explained, “I still need to speak to a few of the others, but while I do that, think about which Pokemon you would like.”

Rowan made his way over to the next person, as I chuckled to myself.

“Dad is going to f***ing kill me…”
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:22 AM.