Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Exclusive Moves

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Eh, I can see them being reused. But with different names. Preferably ones that match the significantly less baby-sounding Japanese ones, because they only sound this bad in the dub.
    Yeah, why would they do this... Pretty sure most people still playing Go are adults, and presumably the target audience is Go fans... xD
    GCEA

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Yeah, why would they do this... Pretty sure most people still playing Go are adults, and presumably the target audience is Go fans... xD
    Well, it's both Go fans and newbie children from what I have heard.

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

I can't take the moves seriously with those names. REALLY? Everyone already thinks Pokemon's for babies and now we're gonna be using "splishy splash" and "buzzy buzz"?! What the actual... I hope these moves never see the light of day again after Let's Go. XD
    I definitely agree, the names are awful, just awful. Alliteration alone isn't bad,but it's the childishness they're going for that's quite off-putting to me. The actual moves themselves are really interesting though, and could be game changers if they're introduced into the main series too, though I'd very happily accept new translated names that match their Japanese counterparts more closely (Sizzly Slide is called Blazing Burn, for example, though even just changing Sizzly to Sizzling could work).

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I definitely agree, the names are awful, just awful. Alliteration alone isn't bad,but it's the childishness they're going for that's quite off-putting to me. The actual moves themselves are really interesting though, and could be game changers if they're introduced into the main series too, though I'd very happily accept new translated names that match their Japanese counterparts more closely (Sizzly Slide is called Blazing Burn, for example, though even just changing Sizzly to Sizzling could work).
    Yeah the Japanese names sound quite good!

It does make me worrya bit about how childish the games are going to be. I hope they're not too easy...
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

It does make me worrya bit about how childish the games are going to be. I hope they're not too easy...
    I think the whole premise of these are set more so to kids. Regardless. It’s got the Go style so as kids that can’t just go venturing out can have a similar Pokémon Go style saftely at home. All while keeping a similar Pokémon game style. I think a lot of these are primarily for testing. So they can know for future implenments. At least all of these are just guesses. The battles I played in the demo were easy...but that was in Viridian Forest. So early game stuff with buffed starter Pokémon. Yeah, it made things a bit easy. I’m hoping soon we see something of the next gen to know for sure how these games will compare to the next. Hopefully it doesn’t keep the childish aspects of these games.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

There's definitely a childishness too them, and it's not even in an appealing way; alliteration alone would be good enough, but the words they used are what tips it over the edge from cutesy to cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I think the whole premise of these are set more so to kids. Regardless. It’s got the Go style so as kids that can’t just go venturing out can have a similar Pokémon Go style saftely at home. All while keeping a similar Pokémon game style. I think a lot of these are primarily for testing. So they can know for future implenments. At least all of these are just guesses. The battles I played in the demo were easy...but that was in Viridian Forest. So early game stuff with buffed starter Pokémon. Yeah, it made things a bit easy. I’m hoping soon we see something of the next gen to know for sure how these games will compare to the next. Hopefully it doesn’t keep the childish aspects of these games.
    You got to play the demo? What was it like? :D

Spoiler:

Senior Moderator

You got to play the demo? What was it like? :D
    Yeah they had it available at the Pokémon World Championship this year. So I tried it a few times (once a day). They only had the Poke Ball Plus controller to play with. It was fun! Sure they had a full team ready for us to try which included the other games Pokémon (Eevee and Pikachu both). The throwing mechanic is more accurate than you’d imagine. You’ve gotta be more precise with it than you think. I’m sure the Joycon will make it easier. One thing I learned is to use the ring connected to the Pokeball AND the strap. Bring it to your shoulder and toss straight out that way. It’s the easiest way with the Pokeball Plus. Otherwise it’s tougher and the game takes as like almost a flail. Cause I tried tossing it normally and it just went flying offscreen. Other than that I loved it! The ones watching over each person playing explained to me how you determine the easier to catch vs the tougher to catch. They didn’t really let me delve deeper into interacting with Eevee or Pikachu. Every time I tried they asked me to press B and to just run around more. Too bad. Overall I really enjoyed it! I still wish we had wild battles, but it was still fun!

The time is upon us...

8. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerstrider Manaphy View Post
    Yeah they had it available at the Pokémon World Championship this year. So I tried it a few times (once a day). They only had the Poke Ball Plus controller to play with. It was fun! Sure they had a full team ready for us to try which included the other games Pokémon (Eevee and Pikachu both). The throwing mechanic is more accurate than you’d imagine. You’ve gotta be more precise with it than you think. I’m sure the Joycon will make it easier. One thing I learned is to use the ring connected to the Pokeball AND the strap. Bring it to your shoulder and toss straight out that way. It’s the easiest way with the Pokeball Plus. Otherwise it’s tougher and the game takes as like almost a flail. Cause I tried tossing it normally and it just went flying offscreen. Other than that I loved it! The ones watching over each person playing explained to me how you determine the easier to catch vs the tougher to catch. They didn’t really let me delve deeper into interacting with Eevee or Pikachu. Every time I tried they asked me to press B and to just run around more. Too bad. Overall I really enjoyed it! I still wish we had wild battles, but it was still fun!
    That's really interesting! I'm really glad to know the throwing is quite accurate, that'll definitely add to the realism and make it seem like a more realistic Pokémon adventure. Lots of the elements in Let's Go seem to be taking that idea, and I think fleshing out the world with sidequests and different ways to catch Pokémon would certainly add a lot to the next main series game.

I'm really glad you liked the demo too, and what you said about interacting with Pikachu/Eevee is really interesting. Was it the people 'in charge' of the demo who told you to press B? That's really weird if so, it could possibly mean there's still some yet to be revealed information about interacting with them too. :)

Spoiler:

Senior Moderator

That's really interesting! I'm really glad to know the throwing is quite accurate, that'll definitely add to the realism and make it seem like a more realistic Pokémon adventure. Lots of the elements in Let's Go seem to be taking that idea, and I think fleshing out the world with sidequests and different ways to catch Pokémon would certainly add a lot to the next main series game.

I'm really glad you liked the demo too, and what you said about interacting with Pikachu/Eevee is really interesting. Was it the people 'in charge' of the demo who told you to press B? That's really weird if so, it could possibly mean there's still some yet to be revealed information about interacting with them too. :)
    Well by “accurate” I meant more so that if you aren’t holding the Pokeball in just the right way and don’t throw straight. It goes off to the side and misses. So more annoying than that without practice xD.

Yeah whenever I tried navigating the menu. The people helping run the demo (each station had someone to help and watch you) they asked me to just keep moving around. So I didn’t even have time to try and find how to interact with Pikachu or Eevee. That’s what I was thinking and hoping to find out. Guess I just wasn’t so lucky xD

The time is upon us...

11. This post has been liked by:

The names of those moves make me die inside lol. Really not a fan of them at all. Too childish.
    The concepts do seem really interesting though. I'm not getting Let's Go! but I really hope they make it into gen 8 (With new names of course)

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs
    Checkout my Etsy Store!

13. This post has been liked by: