McDonalds to have Pokemon Toys and Cards

Get ready for some Pokemon treats coming to McDonalds!
    Pokemon toys and cards are coming to McDonalds! Starting now and until November 12th, you can receive a Pokemon toy and card when you order a Happy Meal.
    The toys are all Legendary Pokemon. This is most likely to tie into the Year of Legendary event. Some of the Pokemon feature in this year’s McDonalds Pokemon toy line includes Latias, Zekrom and Dialga.
    The cards given out are all promos of Pokemon from the Kanto region. This is mostly to tie into Let’s Go which will be release in November. It is interesting to note that Eevee from Sun & Moon will be one of the promos during this run. If so then this could extend the Eevee with the Energy Evolution ability legality in the TCG Standard format.
    If you do not wish to buy a Happy Meal then you can simply purchase the toy and card separately without the meal.

Source: PokeBeach
    The post McDonalds to have Pokemon Toys and Cards appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Those are nifty, but I just can't stomach McDonalds. Last two times I ate there I felt horribly sick and never went back.

I'm surprised none of those toys or cards feature any of the Sun and Moon Pokemon.

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Victini View Post
    Those are nifty, but I just can't stomach McDonalds. Last two times I ate there I felt horribly sick and never went back.

I'm surprised none of those toys or cards feature any of the Sun and Moon Pokemon.
    I feel the same way too. Though I usually get breakfast which doesn't hurt me.

Good thing you can just buy the toys. That is what I am planning to do.

I think they are promoting the Lets Go games and Year of Legendary. Last year they had a big Alola push. I got a Cosmog card which I love.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    I feel the same way too. Though I usually get breakfast which doesn't hurt me.

Good thing you can just buy the toys. That is what I am planning to do.

I think they are promoting the Lets Go games and Year of Legendary. Last year they had a big Alola push. I got a Cosmog card which I love.
    Funny, I never did have breakfast there, but there's something about the barbecue sauce and their chicken nuggets that kills me. I can do Wendy's and Burger King perfectly fine with no issues, but McDonald's and their secret sauces have something odd going on.

And ah, that makes sense about them going for Lets Go games, especially since all the cards are Gen 1s. But yeah, as you said, thankfully you can just buy these kinds of figurines and things without having to plow through Happy Meals.

Administrator

Funny, I never did have breakfast there, but there's something about the barbecue sauce and their chicken nuggets that kills me. I can do Wendy's and Burger King perfectly fine with no issues, but McDonald's and their secret sauces have something odd going on.

And ah, that makes sense about them going for Lets Go games, especially since all the cards are Gen 1s. But yeah, as you said, thankfully you can just buy these kinds of figurines and things without having to plow through Happy Meals.
    The you should totally try their Szechuan sauce they brough back because of that Rick and Morty series. Seriously never knew about that sauce before that episode and finally getting to try it myself xD. I’ll probably stop by to try my hands at getting a Pikachu card though. I’d love that.

Yeah I can only stomach it so much really. Bad part about where my dad was when he lived out west. McDonalds and Sonic were the only fast food places nearby. Otherwise it was a good drive down off the mountain and through the desert.

Yeah it makes sense they went with Gen 1 cards and legendary toys. Promoting more than one big event going on for the company right now. Can’t wait to get those Let’s Go games next month too!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Breakfast is the only good thing that McD's makes. It is also the only thing I will eat from there if I have to.

Just spreading the good word. Though I may not opt into getting anything seeing that there is nothing that appeals to me. Last year they had a Cosmog card which I wanted. This year there isn't anything for me to chase.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    Breakfast is the only good thing that McD's makes. It is also the only thing I will eat from there if I have to.

Just spreading the good word. Though I may not opt into getting anything seeing that there is nothing that appeals to me. Last year they had a Cosmog card which I wanted. This year there isn't anything for me to chase.
    I’ve already tried once. No Pikachu card though :(

Edit: scratch that. I decided to stop and get my cousin’s kid a meal since I’m watching him for awhile. Aaaaaand got it! :D though it was slightly bent in the middle.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 10-22-2018 at 07:08 PM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    McDonalds is good. Your stomach is weak.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links