Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Don’t worry. You can totally get back at anyone that thinks ghost types will have an advantage in DBR2. Cause if they do.....heheheheh, well. They’re in for a nice surprise.
    Yeah not gonna lie I am actually legit bummed out because I was actually really looking forward to the Houndoom line with my theme and no master of disaster token is gonna turn this frown upside down. But oh well. :/
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 03-16-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah not gonna lie I am actually legit bummed out because I was actually really looking forward to the Houndoom line with my theme and no master of disaster token is gonna turn this frown upside down. But oh well. :/
    Mmm, at this point, consider DBR1 a Beta and this is just a debugging run due to how bad the ghost type situation is. DBR2 will be the real deal because it encompasses the refinement of what was observed in this version and there will be plenty of checks and balances to deal with this issue the game has been having. Everything will have an answer and an appropriate counter if you play your cards right. Plus I think the team play will be a heck of a lot more interesting.

I'm with you, I'm bummed as well because everything about DBR1 was working so beautifully for months but then this happened. One, darn development oversight and bam, we've got this going.

I'll talk it over with Chakra since he's a co-developer, but right now I'm considering the following:

• Force the two ghost types (ARandomTool as Mega Sableye and arnisd as Gengar) to have to battle only each other each season until either the Mega Sableye + Spiritomb combo that ARandomTool has is eliminated or the Gengar line that arnisd has is eliminated).
    • Whoever survives between the two of them has to change out their remaining Pokemon stages for something else that is NOT a ghost type. The benefit is they get to choose just about anything to go into the final stages of the game, but they're left dueling each other until one of them goes down.

Yeah, desperate times call for desperate measures. I think this is really the only way to quarantine the mess but still keep the game going.

3. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I’m sure you guys are working it out for the next season so it won’t be an issue.

I am in favor of the quarantine solution though. While it was a smart strategy on their part it’s really killing the game for the rest of us.
    / / / / / / / /

I agree with quarantine, as I do feel kinda dirty. And since it's not too late, and you have a point about how awesome the theme + 'Mon combo is, I'm changing to a Devolve rather than a Wheel. I have my Wheel Badge.

6. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    I agree with quarantine, as I do feel kinda dirty. And since it's not too late, and you have a point about how awesome the theme + 'Mon combo is, I'm changing to a Devolve rather than a Wheel. I have my Wheel Badge.
    You are far too kind. You really don’t have to do that though. It’s the nature of the game after all!
    / / / / / / / /

Too bad you're getting to keep your line anyways - like I said, I have my spin badge, and though tactics commands me to knock off some max evolutions, I gotta climb that redemption arc after my Ghost/Dark mayhem.

...Mainly so I can burn my reputation to the ground with a freshly made Plan B if I come out on top of the Ghost v Ghost brawl.
    *Sounds of cute gears grinding and giant teeth gnashing in background*

Senior Administrator

Had a quick chat with Chakra and this will be the official ruling for Season 26 and onward:

We're going with the quarantine ruling and arnisd with his Gastly > Haunter > Gengar Lineup will be paired with ARandomTool and his Sableye > Mega Sableye / Spiritomb Lineups within their own bracket as the Seasons progress. If RNG calls up one of them, the other is called in as well. They'll battle each other within this specialized isolated bracket that no one else can be pulled into until one of them remains from this 1-on-1 duel (you are free to wear cowboy hats if you choose). They each have three stages that all involve ghost types so it's a pretty fair fight. In light of this, Wheeling can't be an option for these two during this duel as it would be crazy unfair considering it's pretty much a death sentence for the victim with the other only having ghosts then. You'll still have the option to both devolve and evolve, however.

While this is going on, the remaining players (Neo Emolga, Chakramaster, Scytherwolf, Noblejanobii, and Bulbasaur) will be in our own playing field bracket. If RNG calls on one of us, we step up to the plate, but the second RNG call-in can't be ARandomTool or arnisd until after their duel is over. They will only rejoin this bracket after the duel. This bracket will proceed as normal alongside the ghost-duel bracket as the Seasons go on.

The duel between ARandomTool and arnisd concludes when one or the other has been eliminated and perma-egged. The one that wins then has to trade in their remaining ghost Pokémon stages for any Pokémon they so wish (as long as it follows the same format that was implemented when the game started), but these new selections can't be ghost types. Anything goes but ghost types. The advantage here (and as compensation for this much-needed intervention) is that they can go for something that might have some advantage over what remains on the playing field, but it won't be the game-breaking advantage they currently have as ghost types.

But yeah, I tried to think of the fairest way to resolve this without completely disrupting the game and this was the best solution I could think of that keeps it fair and keeps the spirit of the game intact. It's too late to hit the rewind button and undo the impact it had already (unless one of you has a time machine I can graciously borrow), but at least it's being addressed now. Hey, if you consider how many times online games get patched and updated, I think we did pretty good on this one. :P

I'm also happy to say DBR2 has a wide variety of ways to address this advantage in that ghosts can still be used as a viable option and don't have to be completely banned, but there are tools, tactics, and strategic approaches that can be used to counter and turn the tables on this advantage they have. Multi-battles will ensure the amount of normal-move flinging at ghost types is minimized (although it's still possible). Items will also be available. One is Just Desserts that the loser of a match can use on the winner to send the winner into their own Wheel, which can disrupt a seemingly unstoppable ghost type's reign if they get turned into something else. And there is a second item called Cheaty Cookie that will turn the user's Not Very Effective attacks and No Effect attacks into normal strike and super-effective attacks. That alone will be an effective tactic in turning the tables on a ghost type's advantages and actually have them work against them. There's plenty more planned for DBR2, but those stand at the front of ideas we've come up with to rebalance the playing field. And of course, to make things ridiculously wackier because that's what you came for, of course. But as much as we'd love to, these are major game changes and it's out of place to drop them in mid-way through this game. But it at least gives you something fun to look forward to in the sequel!

And there you have it. Thanks for understanding and I hope you enjoy the remainder of the craziness to come!

10. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

A wild Season 26 appeared!

SEASON 26

REGULAR BRACKET

#1 NEO EMOLGA: AS CHERRIM

#2 CHAKRAMASTER: AS ALOLAN RAICHU

#3 SCYTHERWOLF: AS HERACROSS

#4 NOBLEJANOBII: AS MEGA HOUNDOOM

#5 BULBASAUR: AS CHARJABUG

GHOST DUEL BRACKET

#6 ARANDOMTOOL: AS MEGA SABLEYE

#7 ARNISD: AS GENGAR

★Devolution Battle Royale!★

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    unless one of you has a time machine I can graciously borrow
    Yeah, sorry, my DeLorien is in the shop.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    Yeah, sorry, my DeLorien is in the shop.
    Hey, the time infinity stone works just fine. Or if you have Celebi's phone number, that'll work too.

...Let me guess, you don't have those either.