Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

If that's the case, then there were 104 in total. 100 by me, 2 by Chakra, and then 2 by Aglome Oen. Because those two had a special header. :P

Yeah, the whole thing started with us thinking of ways to goof around with the whole Victini V-Wheel thing and make more of a game out of it. Charka added the whole devolution into an egg idea and I was the one who implemented the silly battle system. And it seemed to work pretty well during play testing, but then of course the whole thing with so many normal-type moves hitting ghosts slipped through the cracks. I thought ghosts would have had the problem of throwing ghost moves at normal types so it would have been balanced, but that didn't happen very much. :P

My thoughts on how to speed DBR2 up:

1. Everyone starts with only 7 stages to allocate into Lineups instead of 10, unless you pick the Compensator Trait, which gives you 10 like old times. Moreover, picking a Steel or Rock type costs you 2 stages for each stage of evolution because of their damage reflection against Normal type moves. Picking ghost types will cost you 3 stages each. So if you want that Gastly > Haunter > Gengar Lineup, that's going to cost you 9 stages. VERY expensive. I didn't want to ban ghost types entirely, but this time, it'll cost ya! Choose wisely. :3
    2. Team play will ensure that the game ends when only one team remains rather than just one player. So that should almost cut the time in half right there. Of course teammates will be trying to keep their teammates alive, but there can only be so much of that before resources run out for them!
    3. Evolution will be limited, so you won't have people evolving and devolving back and forward forever. That'll speed things up because once you run out of Evolution Stones, you can't evolve again unless you scrap stages of a current Lineup or a teammate gives you theirs. Therefore, more devolves more often.
    4. Inclusion of Double and Triple Battles will not only make things more interesting, but it'll shave off more stages in less time. You'll have more people getting devolved more often.

Also, fun fact. In DBR2, you can potentially get thrown into your own Wheel and even Wheel yourself once for free! So don't be too harsh with it this time. Make it more fun and silly and less "absolutely sucky" like I did with mine. >;P

2. This post has been liked by:

I retried the search, because I knew that on the same page as the 2/20 battle there was a 2/21 battle, but limited the search to 3 months and newer, so that it would take a couple pages off. There were a total of 84 posts with that banner in that search, 22 of which were included in the 100 from before, adding 62 to the previous total.

So:
    162 from Neo
    2 from Chakra
    2 from Aglome

Total of 166 battles.

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Don't be too harsh. Less "absolutely sucky"
    It is not about torture.

ˇťYour focus determines your realityŤˇ

5. This post has been liked by: