Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Detective Pikachu movie trailer

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Detective Pikachu movie trailer

Well. It's happening folks. And Pikachu is voiced by Ryan Reynolds, aka Deadpool. Discuss.

Senior Moderator

Love it xD. Good sense of comedy, stays pretty true to the Pokémon feel, plus Pikachu? Box it, sell it, ship it. I’m ready to see it! Plus I saw the scene in the trailer that some lines were recorded for at Worlds. The one with the Charizard had some voice lines recorded at Worlds /supersecret.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

I LOVE how this looks. The designs of the mons get a lot of hate but I'm loving them. Mr. Mime doesn't look as creepy! Pikachu, Emolga, Jiggylpuff, Rufflet, Audino, and Psyduck all have feathers or fur! Charizard has fangs and scales and scars. It looks like an ACTUAL dragon that's been forced to fight. The more I watch this trailer the more I fall in love with this movie.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

4. This post has been liked by:

when i first saw this, i hated it.

But my favorite actor is voicing pikachu

this will be perfection

·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·

Paired with Cleobel
    Discord: Sleepy#7580

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

An interesting thing about Pikachu's design in this movie is that if you look closely you will see that the fur on his belly has a lighter color than the rest of his body, which is a nice throwback to how Pikachu's earliest designs did indeed have a light belly.

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

THIS.

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW A REALISTIC POKEMON MOVIE IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK. None of that cringe-inducing Poke-pocalypse stuff or whatever that crap was that most people probably forgot about by now. The Pokemon look believable in this and that's critical for a movie like this. They blend in, behave, and adapt to the surrounding environment the way they're supposed to without looking ridiculous or awkward. It FITS. It WORKS. FINALLY it happens the way it's supposed to. It should not have taken this many years but holy cow, we finally got it and praise the Lord, they got it right.

And Ryan Reynolds voicing Pikachu is priceless. That alone sells the whole movie. If I don't manage to get to see it in theaters, it's definitely at least a Blu-ray purchase for me. And if Rotten Tomatoes gives it a low rating, they can go suck a butt. This is worth it if you've ever played any Pokemon game. You owe it to yourself.

Please feature an Emolga at one point. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...!!!

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    THIS.

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW A REALISTIC POKEMON MOVIE IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK. None of that cringe-inducing Poke-pocalypse stuff or whatever that crap was that most people probably forgot about by now. The Pokemon look believable in this and that's critical for a movie like this. They blend in, behave, and adapt to the surrounding environment the way they're supposed to without looking ridiculous or awkward. It FITS. It WORKS. FINALLY it happens the way it's supposed to. It should not have taken this many years but holy cow, we finally got it and praise the Lord, they got it right.

And Ryan Reynolds voicing Pikachu is priceless. That alone sells the whole movie. If I don't manage to get to see it in theaters, it's definitely at least a Blu-ray purchase for me. And if Rotten Tomatoes gives it a low rating, they can go suck a butt. This is worth it if you've ever played any Pokemon game. You owe it to yourself.

Please feature an Emolga at one point. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...!!!
    It did have Emolga in the trailer at least. 2 scenes actually. So there's hope Emolga will have a good scene at the very least! I totally agree though. It was EXACTLY how I was hoping for and more. I'm glad to see it's turning out in a good representation so far. I'm curious how that scene is gonna turn out they recorded at Worlds. I know how they planned for it to work, but I wonder if that changed in any way.

The time is upon us...

Right now, this is a great big maybe for me--while the thought of Deadpool voicing Pikachu sounds hilarious, the Pokemon come off as a little too uncanny valley for my liking. If the reviews are good, I may consider seeing it, but for now it's on the "maybe" list.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    It did have Emolga in the trailer at least. 2 scenes actually. So there's hope Emolga will have a good scene at the very least! I totally agree though. It was EXACTLY how I was hoping for and more. I'm glad to see it's turning out in a good representation so far. I'm curious how that scene is gonna turn out they recorded at Worlds. I know how they planned for it to work, but I wonder if that changed in any way.
    OMG, I rewatched it and found them! They're right at 1:06 and 1:16 on the store canopy! HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THEM BEFORE!?

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

11. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    OMG, I rewatched it and found them! They're right at 1:06 and 1:16 on the store canopy! HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THEM BEFORE!?

I think I see the silhouette of one flying around at the beginning too. Maybe I was just looking into it too much... :0

The time is upon us...