Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Detective Pikachu movie trailer

Writing stories about bugs Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I just want to see a scyther. Or a heracross or yanmega. I want to see them now because I know they won't just make them into generic giant bugs and they'll still look like pokemon. XD

It actually looks pretty nice, the choice of pokémon design is odd seeing them for the first time, but after watching it another time it feels quite well done. Kind of feels like they took some refs from someone's deviantarts page and rolled with those. Won't go to the theatres for it, but will probs give it a look when something like netflix posts it to watch.

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I just want to see a scyther. Or a heracross or yanmega. I want to see them now because I know they won't just make them into generic giant bugs and they'll still look like pokemon. XD
    Yeah, it clearly looks like they tried to stick with the cartoony designs as much as possible while still giving them a "realistic" look. Also, this movie may have canonized fur on Jigglypuff which I am eternally grateful for because so many fanartists interpreted it as a nightmarish glob of flesh.

Also, I hope we get to see Eevee and Eeveelutions in the movie, and I also hope they look as cute as they are in animated media. But I mostly just want to know if Vaporeon has fur like a seal or rubbery skin like a cetacean.

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Also, I hope we get to see Eevee and Eeveelutions in the movie, and I also hope they look as cute as they are in animated media. But I mostly just want to know if Vaporeon has fur like a seal or rubbery skin like a cetacean.
    I can almost guarantee they'll be there. Eevee is pretty popular, so I feel like not featuring it would be like playing with fire when it comes to fans.

And yeah, I wonder about that too when it comes to Vaporeon.

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

After seeing how furry psyduck is (kind of unexpected), I'm sure vaporeon would also be furry xD
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

I'm actually quite opposite. I believe if they show it that Vaporeon will not be furry. They took more to the fact that Psyduck is a "duck." So they went with the easiest option to make it look the part...even if that part was with fur xD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    After seeing how furry psyduck is (kind of unexpected), I'm sure vaporeon would also be furry xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I'm actually quite opposite. I believe if they show it that Vaporeon will not be furry. They took more to the fact that Psyduck is a "duck." So they went with the easiest option to make it look the part...even if that part was with fur xD
    Actually, if you look closely, what looks like fur on Psyduck is actually feathers, it's just that they decided to emulate the feathers of ducklings, which do indeed look kinda like fur.

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Actually, if you look closely, what looks like fur on Psyduck is actually feathers, it's just that they decided to emulate the feathers of ducklings, which do indeed look kinda like fur.
    I hadn't looked into it since posting, but that's what I was hoping to see. Was "feathers" instead. Since that's what they should have. So that's a good thing! They're leading more towards the more logical conclusions.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I just wanna say that this will be the greatest movie ever.

11. This post has been liked by: