Detective Pikachu Trailer Release

The hunt is on!
    As the first trailer for Detective Pikachu has been release online! This trailer features the main character Tim Goodman and how he met his missing father’s Pikachu.
    The trailer gives fans a look at how the Pokemon will look through out the movie. The trailer gives you a good feel for how Ryme City is suppose to be. There are several Easter eggs in the trailer and movie poster regarding different Pokemon and locations.
    Below is the trailer for the movie and description. Detective Pikachu will be release May 10th, 2019.

The story begins when ace private eye Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, prompting his 21-year-old son Tim to find out what happened. Aiding in the investigation is Harry’s former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu: a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth who is a puzzlement even to himself. Finding that they are uniquely equipped to communicate with one another, Tim and Pikachu join forces on a thrilling adventure to unravel the tangled mystery. Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City—a sprawling, modern metropolis where humans and Pokémon live side by side in a hyper-realistic live-action world—they encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot that could destroy this peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokémon universe.
    “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” also stars Justice Smith (“Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”) as Tim; Kathryn Newton (“Lady Bird,” TV’s “Big Little Lies”) as Lucy, a junior reporter following her first big story; and Oscar nominee Ken Watanabe (“Godzilla,” “The Last Samurai”) as Lt. Yoshida.
    The post Detective Pikachu Trailer Release appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

This is a fun poster to stare at. I am excited to see this movie.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

This looks pretty awesome, I'm excited!
    GCEA

Administrator

I’m telling you. They revealed the movie in the perfect place earlier this year. Over in Nashville. The backdrops they had for the championship were perfectly fitting as they look so similar. The overall setting is mostly the same as it was in the game, but some major story things seem a bit different.

A few noteable differences I can point out.

3DS

- Pikachu cannot move around fast like a normal Pikachu
    - Pikachu cannot use any moves like a normal Pikachu
    - Tim is determined to help find clues towards what happened to his father and where he is

Movie

- This Pikachu seems to be able to run around quickly as any normal Pikachu can.
    - While it’s not shown if he really cannot not, this Pikachu threatens to use his electricity on Tim.
    - The Inspector seemed more threatening towards Tim. As if he was pushing him to join them and living up to his father’s reputation, which, isn’t his case.

Those are a few that were easy enough to point out without saying anything spoiler related. Once we see and learn more I can probably pinpoint more. Until then though we can only speculate. It’s looking pretty awesome though!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I’m telling you. They revealed the movie in the perfect place earlier this year. Over in Nashville. The backdrops they had for the championship were perfectly fitting as they look so similar. The overall setting is mostly the same as it was in the game, but some major story things seem a bit different.

A few noteable differences I can point out.

3DS

- Pikachu cannot move around fast like a normal Pikachu
    - Pikachu cannot use any moves like a normal Pikachu
    - Tim is determined to help find clues towards what happened to his father and where he is

Movie

- This Pikachu seems to be able to run around quickly as any normal Pikachu can.
    - While it’s not shown if he really cannot not, this Pikachu threatens to use his electricity on Tim.
    - The Inspector seemed more threatening towards Tim. As if he was pushing him to join them and living up to his father’s reputation, which, isn’t his case.

Those are a few that were easy enough to point out without saying anything spoiler related. Once we see and learn more I can probably pinpoint more. Until then though we can only speculate. It’s looking pretty awesome though!
    I was thinking about that today. A lot of the props at Worlds were pretty much taking the motif from the movie and the poster. The poster has tons of Easter Eggs. Heck, you can go on a hunt for them if you go the movie's website. I kind of like what they did there and keep it up for Worlds 2019.

I can see what you mean by the differences. I hope they keep true to the source but do their own thing. I think I like Tim being reluctant to go into his dad's case. It will help build his character and bond with Pikachu.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga