Thread: This game looks so weird...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

This game looks so weird...

...after playing let's go! The trainers look so lanky xD I think they were a bit too realistic. And they're really pixelly on my 3ds xl too. I hope the next Pokemon game is in let's go style...
    GCEA

2. This post has been liked by:

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

I'll be honest, I quite liked the style they went for in Gen VII compared to VI, but I definitely think a happy compromise could be made with what Let's Go brought to the table to make everything look the absolute best it can be. My main problem's more of a design one right now; I'm not big on the 'rabbit teeth' trainers are getting and the roundedness of them as well. :(

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

4. This post has been liked by:

Gen VII proportions with LG quality graphics would be fantastic as far as I'm concerned. Gen 8 will be in Switch as well so it's totally in realm of possibility.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Having taking up playing USUM and Y again, I actually quite like the appearance of the USUM trainers. Certainly the SwSh trainers look a lot a lot a lot better, but I definitely prefer the more realistic appearance to the more cartoony look of XY or LGPE.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Having taking up playing USUM and Y again, I actually quite like the appearance of the USUM trainers. Certainly the SwSh trainers look a lot a lot a lot better, but I definitely prefer the more realistic appearance to the more cartoony look of XY or LGPE.
    I concur with this, actually. Not a huge fan of the cartoon/chibi look of LGPE.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

Senior Moderator

I think the LGPE was more of there first run as one big test on the series. That’s why everything looks how it does. It was more set to be fun for everyone. So they didn’t use their usual style. Again, that’s just personal opinion, but still.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..