The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

PXR Christmas Advent Calendar: December 8

Today marks the end of my three days in the advent calendar so makes sense this one's probably the most special day of all.

One year ago today I was able to commission my best friend for the first time. It was in a rather sketchy manner I must admit. Due to the nature of my home life I can't just commission people as I want. My only really feasible payment method is money by mail. So for months leading up to this I had been working on my friend trying to get them to give me their address as a surprise commission. You cannot imagine my excitement when they finally surrendered it and I was able to send them the money for it. I know it may not seem very Christmas-y since a commission is hardly a gift but there's a little asterisk to it. See I got the idea months ahead of time that I should pay them back for all the requests they had done for me years before. I started saving up money and the week I got their address I actually got the right amount to be able to pay them back in full plus order a new commission. I was finally able to give back. And to this day I still remember how happy they were to receive my gift, and everything I've sent since even if it's just been postcards.

I've only been able to commission them one other time since then, but I hope to be able to do so more in the future and return the favor on the free art now that I can draw their OCs and so much more.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

That's cool that you were faithful and determined to pay them back for their hard work. That's also a great-looking art piece you got there!

@Noblejanobii Thank you for sharing this story and this picture on PXR! I really like that Togekiss girl on the left. And it is admirable that you saved up money in order to pay your best friend back! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D