Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

PXR Christmas Advent Calendar: December 9th

I think we all have really fond Christmas memories, but there's a few I'd love to share. In the years past, my family has done some pretty clever and interesting things for Christmas, as I'm sure yours have too (and I'd love to hear 'em!).

The first was when Lord of the Rings was really experiencing its glory days with the release of the movies and all that other good stuff. I figure that would land around 2004/2005. Well, for Christmas, my mom bought my brother a Lord of the Rings video game for the Playstation 2. Well dang, we had to break it to her that we didn't have a PlayStation 2, and that she might have gotten it mixed up with us having Gamecube and such. We decided we'd try to return and exchange it in the days to come. Well, we finish opening presents and it seems like everything is nice and cozy, but WAIT, there's more! We open this mysterious Round 2 of presents and sneaky sneaky, we find one of those puppies was in fact, a brand-new spankin' PlayStation 2. I loved how clever she handled that!

Many times, we also had a "follow the ribbon" game where oh, the ribbon starts at the tree. But that's not where the present is! You have to start at the ribbon and follow where it goes throughout the house to find your gift. This funny tradition started because one of the things I wanted to try was a Friendly's Jubilee Roll ice cream cake, but you can't put a frozen goodie like that under the tree for too long if you don't want it to become goop. So the first of these "follow the ribbon" traditions started with that leading me to the freezer, but there were years where we had multiple ribbons going through the house. You had to follow it to find out where it goes. Usually they were pretty interesting gifts. One year, my brother had a ribbon that led to a new TV in a whole other room.

And saving the best for last. Christmas 2012. My brother planed and mapped out this whole treasure hunt game that actually took us multiple days to figure out. Along the way were riddles, puzzle boxes, word games, loads of perplexing steps and tricks to figure out. He helped give us hints if we were really going off track or misinterpreted one of his games or clues. We finally get to the end and at first, I didn't quite get what it was. It looked like a printed airplane ticket. He then made our jaws drop when he explained he would be flying the five of us to France for a week and Belgium (my mom's home country) for a week. We were just flabbergasted! That was hands down the most amazing Christmas memory.

Wrapping up, I'd like to share another fun Christmas Pokémon Wallpaper. It's got both a cheerful Pikachu and Eevee, so whoever you picked for your Let's Go adventure, it's got you covered this holiday. And there's plenty of other great Pokémon in this, also!

Cheers and happy holidays from your mischievous neighborhood Emolga!

2. This post has been liked by:

Awesome stories, Neo. I wonder what would have happened if you had taken so long on that treasure hunt that the dates on the tickets had already passed.

@Neo Emolga Thank you for sharing your awesome Christmas memories on PXR! :) Too bad we didn't know each other yet when you went to Belgium, though. How was your trip to France and Belgium?

As for my Christmas memories... Does vomiting in the middle of the night last year count?

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    Awesome stories, Neo. I wonder what would have happened if you had taken so long on that treasure hunt that the dates on the tickets had already passed.
    It only took us about three days. Come, dude, we're not that bad at puzzles! The trip was in June I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    @Neo Emolga Thank you for sharing your awesome Christmas memories on PXR! :) Too bad we didn't know each other yet when you went to Belgium, though. How was your trip to France and Belgium?

As for my Christmas memories... Does vomiting in the middle of the night last year count?
    The trip to France and Belgium was AMAZING! Given, it's a long and brutal flight, but they're both amazing places to visit. Thing is you can't see everything in just a week in both places. You definitely need to plan ahead. But wow, so much walking in Versailles. There's like a million rooms in that place. I wouldn't even want a house that big. It would take you a mile of walking just to get to the bathroom! XD

We also went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Amazing stuff up there! The whole time, I was like "wow, I'm actually here!" Belgium is awesome too, though! We saw Bruges, took the boat tour there, and hung out with our cousins there.

Weird, last year I was sick as a dog, also. Ran up a fever. It was weird, had one bottle of Mad Elf beer and WHAM, I felt like crapola after that. Given, it's a strong beer, but I've had it before and it didn't do that! I was barely able to drive home Christmas night and I was knocked out for a few days. Not exactly the Christmas break I was expecting. :P

6. This post has been liked by:

@Neo Emolga

I'm glad to hear that you had an amazing trip to France and Belgium! Sorry to hear that you were also sick during the Christmas break last year, though. I also remember that you wrote about your end of year luncheon last year. Poor Neo. :/

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D