PXR Christmas Advent Calendar: December 15th

First off, I would just like to take some time to say how much I've enjoyed reading through everyone's Advent surprises! It's been a real treat. =)

Speaking of treats, for my chosen date, I wanted to do something fun involving Christmas goodies! I can honestly say that I don't bake things as often as I feel that I should.. but when I do, it always seems to put me in a creative mood. So for this year, besides making my regular batch of sugar cookies, I baked 4 special cookies - Holiday-themed pokémon!

As you can see, I decided on recreating the three starters from Gen 7, and Pikachu of course! Each cookie was hand-carved by using a cardboard cutout, and the detailing was made using my 3DS stylus! XD

I also included some process photos below:

Carving and detailing begins!

Ready for baking!

Don't they look yummy?

Time to decorate!

Overall, this was such a fun experience, and I would love to do something similar next year. Perhaps I will feel a bit bolder and experiment with food coloring.. we'll see! My only regret is not being able to share them with you all. *sad face*

One more thing - I'm also posting the recipe that I used for these cookies below. The recipe itself is super easy, and what's great about it is that you do not need to chill the dough before carving!

= = =

Roll Out Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:
    1 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1 cup sugar
    1 large egg
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 tsp baking powder
    3 cups flour

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add baking powder and flour one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. The dough will be very stiff; blend last flour in by hand. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball in a circle approximately 12" in diameter and 1/8" thick. Dip cutters in flour before each use. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet on top rack of oven for 6 to 12 minutes depending on size, or until cookies are lightly browned.

= = =

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

- Keep trying - Keep smiling - Keep climbing -

2. This post has been liked by:

@TotodileHop24 Thank you for sharing this recipe and the pictures of the cookies! You are very good at cooking, creative and talented! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    POKEMON COOKIES!

These look awesome. I'm gonna see if I can get my siblings to make these with me. c:

Administrator

@TotodileHop24 Those Pokemon Christmas cookies look quite amazing! Wonderful job on those! Thanks for sharing the recipe with it too! Something fun to make with younger siblings in the family that love making Christmas cookies and might just like Pokemon!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..