Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Moderator

[PXRWC19] Heartwarming Story Contest!

It's the holiday season, and you know what that means--family, friends, festivities, and countless TV specials and movies about the "true" meaning of your winter holiday of choice.

So why not contribute by writing a heartwarming story yourself?

Your challenge is to write a heartwarming Pokemon story. How exactly you go about this is up to you--the anime cast throwing a Christmas party, a choir of Pokemon caroling, Pokemonizing a fairy tale or folk tale (or writing something inspired by folklore)--you name it!

Keep the following in mind, however:

--All forum rules apply
    --While you can touch on tough themes, the overall mood should be happy, celebratory and/or inspirational
    --Try to aim for at least 1000 words.

If you choose to go the Pokemonized folktale/inspired by folklore route and need ideas, Googling "folktales" is a nice starting point.

If you have any questions or concerns, let me know!

Good luck!

Your story is due by JANUARY 20TH 2019.

All participants will receive 200 coins for entering, with the possibility of up to 100 bonus coins for quality and originality.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 01-06-2019 at 02:11 AM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

@EmeraldSky Thank you for hosting this Heartwarming Story Contest! Here is my story :

Spoiler:
    Once upon a time lived a Pikachu whose birthday was on the first day of January. Every year, the poor Pikachu had to share his special day with the beginning of a new year. As a result, the other Pokemon did not pay much attention to Pikachu’s birthday.
    That year, Pikachu was spending the holiday season with some of his friends in their headquarters. And the electric mouse’s friends decided to surprise him on his birthday.

In the afternoon of December 30, Emolga sent the following text message to all the Pokemon of the headquarters, except Pikachu : "Hey, let’s have a meeting in my bedroom at 8 PM tonight. Please don’t tell Pikachu about this meeting. Thank you in advance".

At 8 PM, when the Pokemon arrived in Emolga’s bedroom, the electric squirrel took attendance :
    -Absol?
    -Present!
    -Alolan Vulpix?
    -Present!
    -Altaria?
    -Present!
    -Archen?
    -Present!
    -Bulbasaur?
    -Present!
    -Chikorita?
    -Present!
    -Flareon?
    -Present!
    -Heracross?
    -Present!
    -Jolteon?
    -Present!
    -Shaymin?
    -Present!
    -That’s perfect! Everyone is present!
    Then, Flareon asked why Emolga wanted to have a meeting and why Pikachu was not invited.
    "Pikachu’s birthday is the day after tomorrow and his birthday is easy to forget because of New Year’s stuff, so I thought we could organize a surprise party for him", Emolga replied. "What do you think of it?", he added.
    All the Pokemon agreed with his idea and thought that it was a great way to celebrate their friend’s birthday.
    "However, we need to prepare the party where and when Pikachu is unlikely to find out about the surprise", Archen suggested.
    "That is correct", Emolga responded. "How about we prepare the party in the afternoon of New Year’s Day, just after having lunch? If we did this, we could prepare the party in the dining room and prepare the food in the kitchen, and Pikachu would not be in any of these rooms."
    Everyone agreed with Emolga’s idea.
    "That’s perfect! I’m glad you like my idea! Now, let’s distribute the roles", the electric squirrel continued.

And he started the distribution of the roles :
    -It’s a birthday party, so someone needs to prepare the cake. How about you do it, Shaymin?
    -Yes, sir!
    -Even though it’s winter here, some Pokemon might want to eat ice cream during the party. Especially those who come from the other side of the planet, where it’s summer right now. So, one of you should prepare some ice cream, and I think that Alolan Vulpix is the best Pokemon for this role. Are you going to prepare the ice cream, Alolan Vulpix?
    -Sure!
    -Someone should also prepare cookies and other snacks, because not everyone likes cake or ice cream. Would you like to do it, Heracross?
    -Yes, of course!
    -Let’s keep in mind that someone needs to light the candles on the cake. As you are a Fire-type Pokemon, could you please do it, Flareon?
    -I will do it!
    -We also need to decorate the dining room for the party, and I think that Jolteon can do it. Do you accept this role, Jolteon?
    -Yes, I do!
    -Of course, someone needs to buy the ingredients, candles and decorations. This role should be assigned to a Pokemon who wakes up early in the morning, so that the purchases can be done tomorrow morning. You always wake up early, so how about you do it, Chikorita?
    -Yes, sir!
    -And someone should prepare the table. Are you going to do it, Absol?
    -Yes, of course!
    -Let’s keep in mind that we are going to prepare the surprise party just after having lunch, so someone needs to wash the dishes from the lunch. I know that it’s not the most exciting role, but could you please do it, Archen?
    -I will do it!
    -There is a very important role that has not been assigned to anyone yet : distracting Pikachu. Effectively, someone needs to spend the afternoon with Pikachu to make sure that he doesn’t find out about the surprise. When the party is ready, I will send a text message to this Pokemon, who will then go to the dining room with Pikachu without spoiling the surprise. As you are paired with Pikachu, would you like to distract him during the afternoon of New Year’s Day, Altaria?
    -Sure!
    -The distribution of the roles is over… Oh wait, I almost forgot Bulbasaur! I’m not sure which role could be assigned to you. What could your role be?
    -I can stay close to the door of the dining room. If Pikachu opened the door too early, I would quickly use my Sleep Powder to make him fall asleep. Then, I would carry him to another room with my vines. Even though I fully trust Altaria, she might have to go to the bathroom during the afternoon and Pikachu might open the door of the dining room while she is in the bathroom. Do you agree with this role, Emolga?
    -Yes, I do! This is a great idea, Bulbasaur!

Then, Emolga concluded the distribution of the roles : "As for my role, I am the general manager of this project and I will help you with your roles if you need help. Now, the distribution of the roles is really over. Thank you for participating in it!".
    "Regarding the planning of New Year’s Day, I thought we could pretend we forgot Pikachu’s birthday until the beginning of the party. Then, as soon as Pikachu and Altaria open the door of the dining room, we could scream "Surprise!" and sing a song. What do you think of it?", he added.
    Everyone agreed with this planning, so Emolga distributed sheets of paper with the lyrics of the song written on them.
    Then, after making sure that everyone knew their role, the electric squirrel concluded the meeting : "Now, the meeting is over. Thank you for participating in it! I wish you a good night, and I will see you tomorrow! Cheers and good times!".

In the morning of New Year’s Eve, Chikorita went to the local shopping center and bought ingredients, candles and decorations for the party. When she came back to the headquarters, she gave these items to Emolga.

On New Year’s Day, after lunch, Altaria went to her bedroom with Pikachu and everyone completed their assigned tasks.
    The electric mouse did not know that his birthday was going to be extra special, while his friends were looking forward to seeing his reaction to the surprise.
    Around 4 PM, Emolga sent a text message to Altaria in order to let her know that the party was ready. She replied to the text message by writing : "Okay, we’re coming!".

"I’ve just received a text message from Emolga. He says that he is going to punish us for being bad friends in the past year, and he wants us to go to the dining room right now", Altaria lied to Pikachu.
    "Oh no, I hope that the punishment will not be too cruel… Let’s go to the dining room, Altaria", Pikachu answered, without noticing that his friend was lying through her beak.
    Then, they both went to the dining room. Meanwhile, Flareon lit the candles on the birthday cake.

When Altaria and Pikachu opened the door of the dining room, everyone screamed "Surprise!" and sang this song :
    "We wish you a Hoppip birthday,
    We wish you a Hoppip birthday,
    We wish you a Hoppip birthday
    And a Happiny Year!"
    Pikachu was very happy about the surprise. He thanked his friends for preparing it and he told them that he thought that he was going to be punished. After that, everyone celebrated Pikachu’s birthday and had a great time at the party.

Other people who might be interested in this story : @Arrow-Jolteon @Bulbasaur @Chakramaster @Chibi Altaria @Fate @Neo Emolga @Noblejanobii @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Scytherwolf @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

That's a very sweet story! I'm sure @Chakramaster's face lit up reading it.

P.S. You people can set your own damn tables. I refuse.

4. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

You even included my personal tagline!

Thanks for the smiles, that was a cute little story. :3

6. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

How’d you know I love baking cakes? Very cute! I love it!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

8. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Aww this is adorable! xD I'd have a hard time trying not to smile or laugh as I was lying about being punished, though.

10. This post has been liked by:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

I love it! It was so cute!

12. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

This is very sweet--thanks for the entry!
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

14. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    That was such an adorable story! I'd love to bring cookies and snacks. =D You are awesome, Cleobel!

16. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    @EmeraldSky Thank you for hosting this Heartwarming Story Contest! Here is my story :

Spoiler:
    Once upon a time lived a Pikachu whose birthday was on the first day of January. Every year, the poor Pikachu had to share his special day with the beginning of a new year. As a result, the other Pokemon did not pay much attention to Pikachu’s birthday.
    That year, Pikachu was spending the holiday season with some of his friends in their headquarters. And the electric mouse’s friends decided to surprise him on his birthday.

In the afternoon of December 30, Emolga sent the following text message to all the Pokemon of the headquarters, except Pikachu : "Hey, let’s have a meeting in my bedroom at 8 PM tonight. Please don’t tell Pikachu about this meeting. Thank you in advance".

At 8 PM, when the Pokemon arrived in Emolga’s bedroom, the electric squirrel took attendance :
    -Absol?
    -Present!
    -Alolan Vulpix?
    -Present!
    -Altaria?
    -Present!
    -Archen?
    -Present!
    -Bulbasaur?
    -Present!
    -Chikorita?
    -Present!
    -Flareon?
    -Present!
    -Heracross?
    -Present!
    -Jolteon?
    -Present!
    -Shaymin?
    -Present!
    -That’s perfect! Everyone is present!
    Then, Flareon asked why Emolga wanted to have a meeting and why Pikachu was not invited.
    "Pikachu’s birthday is the day after tomorrow and his birthday is easy to forget because of New Year’s stuff, so I thought we could organize a surprise party for him", Emolga replied. "What do you think of it?", he added.
    All the Pokemon agreed with his idea and thought that it was a great way to celebrate their friend’s birthday.
    "However, we need to prepare the party where and when Pikachu is unlikely to find out about the surprise", Archen suggested.
    "That is correct", Emolga responded. "How about we prepare the party in the afternoon of New Year’s Day, just after having lunch? If we did this, we could prepare the party in the dining room and prepare the food in the kitchen, and Pikachu would not be in any of these rooms."
    Everyone agreed with Emolga’s idea.
    "That’s perfect! I’m glad you like my idea! Now, let’s distribute the roles", the electric squirrel continued.

And he started the distribution of the roles :
    -It’s a birthday party, so someone needs to prepare the cake. How about you do it, Shaymin?
    -Yes, sir!
    -Even though it’s winter here, some Pokemon might want to eat ice cream during the party. Especially those who come from the other side of the planet, where it’s summer right now. So, one of you should prepare some ice cream, and I think that Alolan Vulpix is the best Pokemon for this role. Are you going to prepare the ice cream, Alolan Vulpix?
    -Sure!
    -Someone should also prepare cookies and other snacks, because not everyone likes cake or ice cream. Would you like to do it, Heracross?
    -Yes, of course!
    -Let’s keep in mind that someone needs to light the candles on the cake. As you are a Fire-type Pokemon, could you please do it, Flareon?
    -I will do it!
    -We also need to decorate the dining room for the party, and I think that Jolteon can do it. Do you accept this role, Jolteon?
    -Yes, I do!
    -Of course, someone needs to buy the ingredients, candles and decorations. This role should be assigned to a Pokemon who wakes up early in the morning, so that the purchases can be done tomorrow morning. You always wake up early, so how about you do it, Chikorita?
    -Yes, sir!
    -And someone should prepare the table. Are you going to do it, Absol?
    -Yes, of course!
    -Let’s keep in mind that we are going to prepare the surprise party just after having lunch, so someone needs to wash the dishes from the lunch. I know that it’s not the most exciting role, but could you please do it, Archen?
    -I will do it!
    -There is a very important role that has not been assigned to anyone yet : distracting Pikachu. Effectively, someone needs to spend the afternoon with Pikachu to make sure that he doesn’t find out about the surprise. When the party is ready, I will send a text message to this Pokemon, who will then go to the dining room with Pikachu without spoiling the surprise. As you are paired with Pikachu, would you like to distract him during the afternoon of New Year’s Day, Altaria?
    -Sure!
    -The distribution of the roles is over… Oh wait, I almost forgot Bulbasaur! I’m not sure which role could be assigned to you. What could your role be?
    -I can stay close to the door of the dining room. If Pikachu opened the door too early, I would quickly use my Sleep Powder to make him fall asleep. Then, I would carry him to another room with my vines. Even though I fully trust Altaria, she might have to go to the bathroom during the afternoon and Pikachu might open the door of the dining room while she is in the bathroom. Do you agree with this role, Emolga?
    -Yes, I do! This is a great idea, Bulbasaur!

Then, Emolga concluded the distribution of the roles : "As for my role, I am the general manager of this project and I will help you with your roles if you need help. Now, the distribution of the roles is really over. Thank you for participating in it!".
    "Regarding the planning of New Year’s Day, I thought we could pretend we forgot Pikachu’s birthday until the beginning of the party. Then, as soon as Pikachu and Altaria open the door of the dining room, we could scream "Surprise!" and sing a song. What do you think of it?", he added.
    Everyone agreed with this planning, so Emolga distributed sheets of paper with the lyrics of the song written on them.
    Then, after making sure that everyone knew their role, the electric squirrel concluded the meeting : "Now, the meeting is over. Thank you for participating in it! I wish you a good night, and I will see you tomorrow! Cheers and good times!".

In the morning of New Year’s Eve, Chikorita went to the local shopping center and bought ingredients, candles and decorations for the party. When she came back to the headquarters, she gave these items to Emolga.

On New Year’s Day, after lunch, Altaria went to her bedroom with Pikachu and everyone completed their assigned tasks.
    The electric mouse did not know that his birthday was going to be extra special, while his friends were looking forward to seeing his reaction to the surprise.
    Around 4 PM, Emolga sent a text message to Altaria in order to let her know that the party was ready. She replied to the text message by writing : "Okay, we’re coming!".

"I’ve just received a text message from Emolga. He says that he is going to punish us for being bad friends in the past year, and he wants us to go to the dining room right now", Altaria lied to Pikachu.
    "Oh no, I hope that the punishment will not be too cruel… Let’s go to the dining room, Altaria", Pikachu answered, without noticing that his friend was lying through her beak.
    Then, they both went to the dining room. Meanwhile, Flareon lit the candles on the birthday cake.

When Altaria and Pikachu opened the door of the dining room, everyone screamed "Surprise!" and sang this song :
    "We wish you a Hoppip birthday,
    We wish you a Hoppip birthday,
    We wish you a Hoppip birthday
    And a Happiny Year!"
    Pikachu was very happy about the surprise. He thanked his friends for preparing it and he told them that he thought that he was going to be punished. After that, everyone celebrated Pikachu’s birthday and had a great time at the party.

Other people who might be interested in this story : @Arrow-Jolteon @Bulbasaur @Chakramaster @Chibi Altaria @Fate @Neo Emolga @Noblejanobii @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Scytherwolf @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire
    Aww, such a wonderful and happy story! Thank you for the wonderful story and big joyful surprise! I loved it and thought it was adorable! ^^

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

18. This post has been liked by: