So what are some of the life challenges you're facing right now and could use some luck with?

For me, first is trying to get my fantasy novel published. Lordy, it's HARD. I've written plenty of books that did nothing but sit on a hard drive before getting wiped, but the one I really wanted to get out there has been an absolute beast trying to get it working. And I don't want to lose it because I feel like the concepts and the way I implemented magic into it is something I feel is pretty original. It was started way back in 2007 and it's gone through a lot of twists and turns, but I just feel like it's SO CLOSE to getting there. It has already been reviewed by two editors and I'm still in the process of fixing it up after the first round of attempts didn't get a nibble. But yeah, submitting manuscripts to publishers feels a LOT like submitting resumes for job postings. It's a massive pain in the butt loaded with disappointment.

The other thing is buying a house. I have friends and family who have done it and this too seems like a beast of a process I have only just begun to scratch. But it's something I'd like to do eventually and I'd like to avoid renting if possible.