GCEA Version: Decimation Blue
Trainer Name: Kyo Writer
Link to Stats: Meowstic
Word Count: 1350
Entry:
Spoiler:
Kyo stepped out of the elevator as the doors opened in front of her. Setting her shoulders back, she proceeded forward at an even pace, not acknowledging those she walked past as they saluted her. She stopped in front of a glass door, taking her keycard from her pocket and swiping it. The door slid open with a long hiss. Kyo stepped inside and quickly scanned the room.

There was lab equipment pressed against every wall, with cables covering the floor in a system that could only be described as organized chaos. They all lead to a device in the center of the room, a tall glass tube with a pedestal inside. A scientist stood next to it, his attention fully directed at the computer in front of him as he pecked away at the keys.*

Kyo approached him, standing a few feet away before clearing her through. “Doctor Iroh,” she said. The man snapped out of his focus and quickly stood at attention. Kyo scanned him up and down. He was less than presentable to her tastes, but he got results. Despite his small stature and sniveling appearance, this man had cracked the code to unlocking a Pokémon’s true power. Or so she had been told. Her visit today was to observe the results of this so-called untapped potential.

“General Writer, thank you for coming. As the superiors requested, I have been working endlessly on the Fantome Project, and after several successful trials, I believe I have succeeded in achieving the potential power levels you seek,” Iroh said as he gestured to the large tube. Kyo raised her eyebrows and waited with a neutral expression for Iroh to continue. He seemed a bit flustered by the lack of a response, sputtering out, “P-Please, follow me, I will explain.”

Iroh turned and began to lead Kyo to the other side of the lab where he opened the door into a long hallway. The hallway itself was narrow with two guards stationed at the far end, but most noticeable were a large number of doors and large windows staggered along the wall. These, Kyo knew, were containment units for experiments such as the one Doctor Iroh was working on.

“There have always been theories as to what can unlock a Pokémon’s true potential. Many claim it is friendship and partnership, but oftentimes we see some of the most powerful beasts are owned or created by tyrants who have lusted for power and treat their Pokémon not as living creatures but as too for their gain. It’s this complete disregard for their feelings th-“

“Please, spare me the backstory, Doctor,” Kyo interrupted in a slightly annoyed tone. “I am here for results, not a philosophy course at Driftveil University.”

Iroh shrunk down a little as if the words inflicted physical pain. “R-Right, of course, General Writer.” He gestured to one of the containment units. “We have been attempting to recreate the Shadow Theory Effect on these Pokémon using a mixture of those that were wild, stolen from trainers, or volunteered by members of the White Rocket organization. After many trial and errors, I believe we have succeeded in closing off the Pokémon’s heart completely, allowing for true power levels to be achieved that instincts such as loyalty or compassion might impede.”

Kyo peered into the containment unit. Iroh typed a code into a keypad next to the door, unlocking it. Opening it slightly, Iroh opened a pokéball and cast a Rattata inside before quickly shutting the door. Kyo watched as a Croconaw devoured a Rattata, tearing apart the smaller mouse Pokémon and casting the various parts everywhere, only to then gorge itself on the rodent’s flesh. Aside from all the blood, it appeared to look like a normal Pokémon. The Croconaw looked over at Kyo and growled, its eyes consumed by a deep red color as it lunged at the glass, beating against it as it attempted to attack its onlookers.*

Iroh started to speak again, but Kyo held up her hand to indicate he remain silent. Walking around deep in thought, Kyo peered into a few more of the units to find similar scenes of blood and gore before her. This was a good sign. Approaching Iroh again, she said, “Show me their battle statistics. How successful are they compared to others of their species.”

Iroh gave a quick nod before leading her out of the hallway, taking her back into the room they had just been in. Typing away at his computer, Iroh pulled up several screens involving the Croconaw and other Shadow Pokémon’s stats compared to before their transformation and compared to others of their species. Kyo leaned forward to look at the data. She smiled.*

“Impressive.” She looked at Iroh, “My bosses will be pleased. How soon before this technology can be used again?”*

“The machine can be used again immediately after it is used, sir,” Iroh replied.*

Kyo took a pokéball off her belt and held it out to Iroh. “I would like a demonstration, then.”

Iroh took the pokéball before giving Kyo a look of concern. “With all due respect, sir, are you sure? There have been some concerns of disobedience and-“

Kyo held up her hand to cut off Iroh again. “Just do your job, Doctor.”

Iroh nodded and opened the glass tube, placing the pokéball inside. He shut the glass tube again and several wires quickly connected themselves to the ball. An image of Kyo’s Meowstic appeared on Iroh’s computer. Beside the image, several bars appeared, reading “Door to Heart”, “Stress”, “Health”, as well as various other vital signs.*

“Initiating Shadow Process… now.” Iroh pushed a button and purple sparks began to engulf her pokéball inside the tube. Meowstic’s vitals began to go wild, with her stress bar spiking rapidly. However, unlike all the other bars and vital signs, the “Door to Heart” gauge slowly began to fill. Kyo watched it, a bit mesmerized as she felt an intense dark aura emanating from the tube. She could see Iroh’s hand hovering over the button he pushed to start this process as if he was ready to stop it anytime, but Kyo didn’t want it to stop. Her partner would soon be one of the most powerful Pokémon alive, how could she not give her partner such a beautiful opportunity?
Slowly the gauge continued to fill until it was full. Meowstic’s vitals stabilized and the stress bar emptied. Iroh hit the button again and the wires retracted from the pokéball. He opened the tube and plucked the ball from the pedestal. Holding it out to Kyo, he said, “She may be a bit disoriented when you first use it, but the process is complete.”*

Kyo smiled as she took the pokéball back. Iroh jumped back as she opened it, unleashing Meowstic onto the floor in front of her. A dark presence seemed to swirl around Meowstic as she stood up and turned to face Kyo. Her eyes gleamed a bright red, no hint of affection behind them. Good. “Meowstic, Shadow Ball on the wall over there,” she commanded.*

“Wait wait we have-“ Iroh started, only to dive when Meowstic launched a Shadow Ball at the wall. The ball of energy blasted through the steel wall, leaving a gaping hole into the hallway next door. Kyo approached it to inspect the damage when she noticed a commotion on the other side of the wall.*

The two guards from before were currently opening the door to the Croconaw’s chamber and returning it to a pokéball along with several of the other shadow experiments. At the sound of the steel breaking, they had also turned to look into Kyo’s direction, making eye contact with her before making a break in the other direction.*

“Sound the alarm! The experiments are being taken!” Kyo shouted at Iroh before opening the door into the hallway. “Meowstic, with me!” She ran after the two guards with her Meowstic by her side. They would not get away, not with the new weapon of mass destruction that was her partner in pursuit of them.

GCEA Version: Platinum
Trainer Name: Amy Risa
Link to Stats: Froslass
Word Count: 1072
Entry:
Spoiler:
Amy stood stiff as she could, arms folded behind her as she marched down the long hallway. The White Rocket uniform was uncomfortable, even forcing her to try and stuff her long curly red hair inside a hat. Still, it was necessary for the mission, so she couldn’t complain. As she and the other guard reached the end of the hallway, they saluted the other guards, signaling it was time to switch stations. The other guards wordlessly saluted back then marched off towards the doors to their left and right. Once they were gone, Amy and the other guard took their places.*

Amy remained still for a few minutes before sighing and relaxing a little. The other guard lightly hit Amy on the arm, causing Amy to glare at her. “Straighten your back, Wildfire,” the other guard said quietly, “the scientist or anyone else needs to be convinced we’re actual guards.”

Amy stretched for a second before resuming her stiff stance. “I don’t know how you do this for hours at a clip, Theresa,” she mumbled back.

“Lots of training,” Theresa replied with a smile. She opened her mouth to say something else when the door at the far end of the hall beeped. Both girls went completely still, keeping their gazes straight ahead as two people entered the hallway from the other end.*

Amy did her best to observe the two as they began to inspect the containment units all along the hall. Amy recognized the stout man from the files she had read. That was Doctor Iroh Mako, the head scientist on the Fantome Project. If their intel was correct, he had managed to creature a new type of Pokémon far more powerful than anything else the world had ever seen. The tall woman who was with him had not been in the files for this mission. Amy wasn’t sure who she was exactly, but given the decorations on her uniform, she could only guess she was a high ranking member of the White Rocket organization.*

Doctor Mako was showing the high ranking official around the facility before typing a code into one of the doors. Amy couldn’t see it but their intel had given them a few possible codes, which both girls had memorized. Amy watched as a pokéball was tossed inside only to be shortly followed by a Croconaw attacking the window with blood covering its face. The sight made her sick to her stomach. “Hunter…” she whispered.*

She wanted to run to her partner, but she couldn’t right now. They just needed to wait a few more minutes, then she could rescue him. He’d be safe soon enough. Amy waited impatiently as the White Rocket strode around the room in silence before she finally directed the scientist out of the room. Amy and Theresa stayed still for a few moments longer before she signaled Amy.*

“We don’t have much longer until they come back to finish the audit and collect these guys. You get the doors on the left, I’ll get the ones on the right.” Theresa looked at Amy and said, “Just try every passcode until something works.”

Amy nodded at her instructions and moved quickly to the first door. Taking the pokéball from the slot next to the door, Amy began to punch different codes into the door until it finally opened. She quickly returned the first Pokémon to its pokéball and clipped it to her belt, before proceeding to repeat this process with every Shadow Pokémon in a containment unit. Finally, at the end of the row, Amy stepped in front of the containment unit with the Croconaw.*

She picked up the pokéball, it still bearing the “A” sticker on the front she had placed on it to mark it as hers. Amy clutched it tightly as she gazed through the glass at the carnage inside Hunter’s containment unit. “I’m sorry I let this happen to you,” she whispered, “I’m going to fix it.”

Theresa walked up behind Amy and pat her shoulder. “Return him to his pokéball and let’s hurry before they come back.” Amy nodded and began punching in various codes until the door opened with a click. Amy opened the door and aimed the pokéball at Hunter right as the wall behind them exploded. Amy turned her head to see a gaping hole in the wall with Doctor Mako, the White Rocket, and a Shadow Meowstic on the other side. Tauros crap.*

“WILDFIRE!” Theresa yelled, grabbing and pulling Amy back as Hunter launched a Water Gun in their direction.*

“RIGHT SORRY!” Amy quickly returned him to his pokéball before both girls bolted, the White Rocket hot in pursuit.*

Alarms began to sound as they dashed through the hallways. It wouldn’t be long until the whole area was flooded with guards. Amy glanced over at Theresa and saw her use her fist to sign “D”. Extraction plan D it was then. As they approached a nearby set of windows, Amy pulled out one of her pokéballs and unleashed a Togekiss while Theresa sent out her Braviary.*

“Ramsey! Use Aura Sphere!”*

“Kiss!” The Togekiss began to form an orb in its wings.*

“Masamune use Protect,” Theresa commanded. The Braviary quickly flew in between the woman and their White Rocket pursuer. A green shield formed in between them, blocking several Shadow Ball and Charge Beam attacks.*

The White Rocket looked frustrated until her Meowstic let out a shrill shriek, a dark aura consuming her. Right as Ramsey unleashed an aura sphere, shattering the windows to allow for Amy and Theresa to escape, the Meowstic charged and burst through the Protect, slashing Masamune’s face. Latching onto him, she unleashed another Charge Beam, frying the bird.*

Theresa quickly returned Masamune to his pokéball and backed away from the crazy infected cat. Their intel was right, these things were powerful. Too powerful. She didn’t have anything that stood a chance against this thing. And neither did Amy.*

Theresa glanced over her shoulder as Ramsey’s Aura Sphere broke open the wall behind them. “Go go!” she shouted, grabbing Amy by the waist and diving out the window. Ramsey was fast behind them, dodging another Charge Beam before diving below them to break their fall.*

Amy glanced behind her as the White Rocket facility grew further and further away. She sighed, clutching Hunter’s pokéball closer to her chest. “We’ll find a way to purify you,” she whispered, “I promise.”