Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks Suicune, I am surprised there were so many mistakes, as I did proof read twice and corrected many of the 'thens'.

I also never even noticed that equal sign, not sure how I didn't catch that. My guess was I made a typo and meant to backspace to fix it and accidentally hit the = sign instead.

As for the speaking in the same line, this was actually written as a short story, I wasn't intending to post it here initially. I only did so at the advice of Max.

Anyway, despite the mistakes I hope you enjoyed the story and it made for some entertainment for you. :D
    Last edited by brandon_g; 06-15-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post
    Thanks Suicune, I am surprised there we so many mistakes, as I did proof read twice and corrected many of the 'thens'.

I also never even noticed that equal sign, not sure how I didn't catch that. My guess was I made a typo and meant to backspace to fix it and accidentally hit the = sign instead.

As for the speaking in the same line, this was actually written as a short story, I wasn't intending to post it here initially. I only did so at the advice of Max.

Anyway, despite the mistakes I hope you enjoyed the story and it made for some entertainment for you. :D
    Hey, that's okay! Do you know what? I always miss my own mistakes, even if they're super obvious. xD I can catch them in other people's work but not my own! I think it's because your brain flows so well reading your own work because you know what you mean, whereas reading someone else's work is entirely new to your brain so while you're trying to interpret it, it's easier to pick up on errors and such. That's my theory, anyway.

The equals sign just sneaked in uninvited. xD And yes, that's what I wondered too.

Oh that actually makes more sense! It seemed more like a short story than a journal entry, but I also liked it as a journal entry. And yes, I did enjoy it, even if Brandon is kinda scary! XD I hope you continue to write entries. ^-^

GCEA version: Galactic Diamond
    Trainer Name: Brandon "Knuckles" Smith
    Link to stats: In Stats
    Word Count: 1926
    Notes: Please take into consideration this was written as a short story and NOT a journal entry.

Spoiler:
    How I met my Chimchar
    By Brandon “Knuckles” Smith

I don’t like many Pokemon, I find them to be a tool in life that you have to use to get what you need or want. I hate it when I see people get close too their Pokemon and treat them like they are pets or family or something. When I steal Pokemon with Oberon, it’s because we need it, not because I want it. Oberon and I have stolen lots of Pokemon, probably hundreds. Out of all the Pokemon we have stolen, there is only one Pokemon that I have become close with. This is the story of how I met my Chimchar ‘Destroyer’.

When Oberon and I need Pokemon, we almost always steal them. When we steal Pokemon, we usually only steal from new trainers, because they are the easiest target and require the least amount of effort. The way we find out if someone is a new trainer is Oberon challenges them to a battle. If the Pokemon they use are first stage or otherwise weak enough for Oberon to beat, then I come over and demand they hand over their Pokemon. Once we have stolen a Pokemon, we use a system we came up with to decide which of us gets to keep it. If there is more than one stolen Pokemon, we each pick one at random and whatever we pick, we keep. If there is only one stolen Pokemon, then we take turns, one theft I get it, the next Oberon gets it. It’s a fair system and one that works well for us.

One of our favorite spots to steal Pokemon is on a secluded road near the town of Sandgem. The road has plenty of tall grass and trees on both sides of it for us to hide in. The road is not a busy one, there is usually only about 4 or 5 trainers (most of which are newbies) that came through an hour. The combination of low foot traffic and abundance of hiding spots, is what makes it one of our favorite spots to steal Pokemon. When we steal Pokemon on this road, we each have a specific spot we wait at. Oberon, being the people person and the best Pokemon battler of the two of us, stands at the side of the road and engages a battle with any trainers who walk by. I, meanwhile, hide behind some trees nearby and wait for a signal from Oberon. If Oberon challenges a passing trainer to a Pokemon battle, and then defeats them, or otherwise feels their Pokemon is worth stealing, then he raises his left hand in a thumbs up. The thumbs up is the signal for me to come out and help him steal their Pokemon. I then rush out from my hiding place and order them to hand over their Pokemon, if they comply, we take the Pokemon and tell them to scram and not to call the police or else. If they don’t comply, then I either beat them up, or tackle them and take their Pokemon anyway. We have done this routine hundreds of times on that road alone and stolen many Pokemon as a result.

It was on this road, using this very strategy, that I obtained my Chimchar, ‘Destroyer’. It was a bright sunny day and me and Oberon decided to go the road to steal Pokemon. We, went to the road and got into our usual positions. Not long after we arrived, a trainer came walking down the road. As the trainer walked past Oberon, Oberon challenged him to a Pokemon battle as per our routine. I watched the battle unfold from behind the tree, the trainer had a Chimchar and Oberon had a Snivy and a Litten. The little Chimchar battled hard, knocking out Oberon’s Snivy easily. The little fire type was too hurt afterward to beat Oberon’s Litten though. One hit from Oberon’s Litten was all it took to knock it out. As the trainer called back its fainted Chimchar and conceded defeat, Oberon held up the signal. I rushed out from behind the trees and yelled at the startled trainer to hand over his Pokemon. The kid, trembling in fear at the sight of me, quickly handed over the pokeball containing his Chimchar. I snatched the ball and put it in my pocket. I then yelled at the now crying kid that if he went to the cops, I would find him and beat him up. The kid looked as if he might pee his pants as he nodded at me that he understood. I then told the kid to scram and he ran away as fast as he could.

After calling it a day, we headed to the Pokemon center in Sandgem town to heal our stolen Pokemon. Once the Pokemon were healed, we went to a wooded spot nearby and divvied up the stolen Pokemon. Since the trainer who had the Chimchar only had one Pokemon, and it had been my turn to keep the Pokemon, I got to keep the Chimchar. I released the Chimchar from it’s pokeball in order to introduce myself and begin the process of making it obey me. Once the Chimchar came out of it’s pokeball, it looked up at me confused for moment, trying to figure out who I was, as well as where its old trainer went. I gave the Pokemon a stern look and said to it in an equally stern tone of voice “My name is Knuckles, and I am your new trainer. You WILL obey me now and do whatever I say or you will be punished” I paused to take a breath and to study the Pokémon’s reaction. Normally Pokemon are scared after I introduce myself in this manner, but not this Chimchar. The little fire type gave me a mean, stubborn look. It crossed its arms and let out a stubborn “Char Char”. I then gave it a mean look back and explained to it, in a mean voice, that if it did not obey me, I would lock it in a pokeball forever and only let it out to battle a Pokemon that would kick it’s a**. This is normally enough to make the Pokemon terrified and willing to comply, but not this little guy. The Chimchar let out an angry ‘Char’ and uncrossed its arms. It noticed Oberon talking with one of the other Pokemon we stole that day, and it made a small ball of fire from the flame on its tail and threw it at the Pokemon. The Pokemon, which was a Weedle, fell backward as it was hit by the fire. Before it could get up, the Chimchar ran over to it and started punching and kicking it until it passed out. The poor Weedle tried to fight back, stinging the Chimchar with the stinger on its tail and jabbing the horn on its head into it, but the effort was in vain. The rage of the little Chimchar was no match for the Weedle, and after only a few seconds it passed out.

The attack happened too fast, and I didn’t have time to grab the Chimchar’s pokeball from my pocket and withdraw it before the Weedle passed out. By the time I had the pokeball in my hand, the Chimchar had walked back to where I was and was screeching over and over ‘CHAR CHAR CHIM CHAR CHARR CHIM CHAR!”. It also shook its little fist at me while it shrieked, as if trying to say don’t mess with me. This made me actually like the little Pokemon, its attitude matched my personality nicely and I liked that about it. I instantly respected the little Pokemon, something that had never happened with any other Pokemon up to that point. As the Pokemon continued shrieking, Oberon was yelling for me to withdraw it back into its Pokeball before it attracted attention from the nearby townsfolk. I had a better idea than simply putting the Pokemon back in its ball though. I held up my hands to the little Pokemon and said to it “Alright Alright… point taken, please just calm down ok?” The Chimchar finally stopped screeching, but still shook its fist at me.

I said to the Chimchar in my calmest, most respectful voice “You got quite the temper there little guy, I like that. You are much like me… I think we can actually get along well if you give me a chance.” The Chimchar started to calm down now, it stopped shaking its fist and instead just looked up at me with an annoyed look. I continued talking, saying to it “You gave that Weedle quite the beating, I take it you like to fight then?” The Pokemon nodded at me and I continued “Want know why they call me Knuckles?” The Chimchar stared up at me curiously and nodded. I looked the Pokemon in the eyes and began to explain “Because I also like to fight, I beat up people who don’t give me what I want and I do so without the slightest regret.” I paused letting the little Pokemon take in what I had just said, then I continued “In that regard, you and me are alike, we both like to fight and we both like to get what we want. I would love to have such a ferocious fighter such as yourself on my side.” After another pause to take a breath I held out my hand toward the Chimchar and asked “So… what do you say little guy? Want to fight together?” The Chimchar grabbed my hand and nodded. I actually smiled a little as it held on to my hand. I shook the smile away quickly, then said “Great… from this point on, we are a team.” After saying that, the Chimchar let go of my hand and quietly stood next to me.

It was then that I realized I needed to name this little guy. Normally I don’t give Pokemon nicknames, I find doing so to be stupid and childish. In this case though, I felt I actually had a bond with this little guy, so I figured it was worth making an exception just this once. I said to the Chimchar “You need a bad a** name to go with that fighting personality of yours….” I looked over at where the Weedle had passed out, and that’s when it came to me. “How about Destroyer? I think it suits you well. What do you think?” I asked the Chimchar. It gave an excited ‘Char’ as it nodded its agreement to the name. I gave Destroyer a thumbs up and said “Destroyer it is then…” For the first time ever, I felt like I actually had a Pokemon of my own and one that would be by my side no matter what. Oberon decided it was time to go, so we grabbed our stuff, and called back the stolen Pokemon back to their pokeballs. As I called Destroyer back to his ball I said “Don’t worry Destroyer, as soon as we are clear of the area, I will let you out of your ball again.” With that, I pressed the button on his pokeball and watched as it sucked him back in. Then me and Oberon left the woods and headed out to find somewhere to spend the night. And that’s the story of how I met Destroyer, one of the only Pokemon I ever became friends with.
    Last edited by brandon_g; 07-11-2019 at 01:15 AM.
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

GCEA Version: Blizzard Blue
    Trainer Name: Kyo Writer
    Link to stats: Meowstic in sig
    Word Count: 780
    Entry:
    Spoiler:
    Dear journal,

I’ve never had one of these before. It’s a weird experience, writing a letter than no one will read. But perhaps it’ll help me sort out my thoughts as we continue through this journey. Just the past few days have been crazy, let alone the past few months.

I guess I’ll start with the past few days though. We’re stranded in another dimension, again. The weirdest sentence I’ve ever thought, let alone written. I don’t fully understand how we got here or why we’re here. Even stranger still, I don’t understand why I don’t seem to have a dimensional counterpart. The other members of the group technically don’t either, but that’s because their counterparts all died in the Viridian Forest to some Beedrill. They all seemed familiar with an event so I guess it was an event that split timelines or something. Either way, my counterpart’s location and existence remain a mystery that no one seems able to solve.

For now, though, we have escaped a high-security location known as the Vault. It’s a facility run by the White Rockets. Despite having worked for them for years, this was my first time visiting. Didn’t exactly go as planned by I did learn some valuable information. Giratina is president of this nation. Joy.

None of the other groups remember our previous encounter with the ghost legendary, but I do. This isn’t our first time jumping dimensions, but I’m the only one who seems to remember our previous adventure. I thought it was a nightmare at the time but now I’m sure it was real. We barely escaped with our lives last time and now Giratina is back to torment us once again. Makes me wonder if he dragged us here on purpose to dispose of us quietly. Who knows.

Either way, for now, we’ve donned disguises. I cut my hair and have hidden away my White Rocket uniform. As comfortable as it is, they’re due for a wash anyway and they might draw unnecessary attention. Of course, that didn’t stop Rose and me from getting mixed up in some trouble with a biker gang. We got conned by a nice lady and ended up getting our asses kicked by the leader of the gang. Rose said she recognized him from our universe, but given he had no idea who she was, it seemed to confirm this was indeed an alternate universe. Also probably meant our disguises were working.

So our next course of action is to enlist the help of the Celadon Gym Leader, Sloane Jackson. Unlike Erika in our universe, Sloane is a dark type gym leader. Kinda fitting she hands out the rainbow badge given how light prisms work. She’s a kimono woman and her partner appears to be an Umbreon. We’ve never met before that I can recall but I have a strange sense of familiarity with her. Perhaps we met in another dimension I ventured to but don’t remember. Makes about as much sense as anything else.

Either way, Morty said she was Max’s sister, and while I have no idea who Max is, the rest of the team claims he’s so powerful he’ll be able to fix this. So she’s our best lead at the moment. Currently, we’re in our hideout waiting for her to show up. I think we were supposed to meet at her gym, but Brandon used his Beedrill during his gym battle with her that sent the whole place into chaos. I assume the White Rockets are taking him back to the Vault. The others are worried for his safety, and I am too, but we got lucky the first time we escaped. We can’t run that risk again.

Oh yeah, I guess I should mention, I got my first gym badge. I never had the urge to take on the league challenge before. I grew up around gyms, near the Driftveil City gym and others. Battling is fun and I have to admit there’s a sense of pride in having this badge. But, at the same time, it’s not really what I want to do with my life. The others seem so dedicated to this challenge but I’m not. Unless some sort of miracle happens or I go back and challenge the gyms, I’m short several badges to take on the Elite Four anyway. Still, I think I might challenge other gyms in the future just to keep up with the others. Never hurts to have them, I guess.

I think Morty said he can hear Sloane coming and I don’t know what else to write about so I guess that’s all for now. Until my next entry.

Kyo
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post
    GCEA version: Galactic Diamond
    Trainer Name: Brandon "Knuckles" Smith
    Link to stats: In Stats
    Word Count: 1926
    Notes: Please take into consideration this was written as a short story and NOT a journal entry.

Spoiler:
    How I met my Chimchar
    By Brandon “Knuckles” Smith

I don’t like many Pokemon, I find them to be a tool in life that you have to use to get what you need or want. I hate it when I see people get close too their Pokemon and treat them like they are pets or family or something. When I steal Pokemon with Oberon, it’s because we need it, not because I want it. Oberon and I have stolen lots of Pokemon, probably hundreds. Out of all the Pokemon we have stolen, there is only one Pokemon that I have become close with. This is the story of how I met my Chimchar ‘Destroyer’.

When Oberon and I need Pokemon, we almost always steal them. When we steal Pokemon, we usually only steal from new trainers, because they are the easiest target and require the least amount of effort. The way we find out if someone is a new trainer is Oberon challenges them to a battle. If the Pokemon they use are first stage or otherwise weak enough for Oberon to beat, then I come over and demand they hand over their Pokemon. Once we have stolen a Pokemon, we use a system we came up with to decide which of us gets to keep it. If there is more than one stolen Pokemon, we each pick one at random and whatever we pick, we keep. If there is only one stolen Pokemon, then we take turns, one theft I get it, the next Oberon gets it. It’s a fair system and one that works well for us.

One of our favorite spots to steal Pokemon is on a secluded road near the town of Sandgem. The road has plenty of tall grass and trees on both sides of it for us to hide in. The road is not a busy one, there is usually only about 4 or 5 trainers (most of which are newbies) that came through an hour. The combination of low foot traffic and abundance of hiding spots, is what makes it one of our favorite spots to steal Pokemon. When we steal Pokemon on this road, we each have a specific spot we wait at. Oberon, being the people person and the best Pokemon battler of the two of us, stands at the side of the road and engages a battle with any trainers who walk by. I, meanwhile, hide behind some trees nearby and wait for a signal from Oberon. If Oberon challenges a passing trainer to a Pokemon battle, and then defeats them, or otherwise feels their Pokemon is worth stealing, then he raises his left hand in a thumbs up. The thumbs up is the signal for me to come out and help him steal their Pokemon. I then rush out from my hiding place and order them to hand over their Pokemon, if they comply, we take the Pokemon and tell them to scram and not to call the police or else. If they don’t comply, then I either beat them up, or tackle them and take their Pokemon anyway. We have done this routine hundreds of times on that road alone and stolen many Pokemon as a result.

It was on this road, using this very strategy, that I obtained my Chimchar, ‘Destroyer’. It was a bright sunny day and me and Oberon decided to go the road to steal Pokemon. We, went to the road and got into our usual positions. Not long after we arrived, a trainer came walking down the road. As the trainer walked past Oberon, Oberon challenged him to a Pokemon battle as per our routine. I watched the battle unfold from behind the tree, the trainer had a Chimchar and Oberon had a Snivy and a Litten. The little Chimchar battled hard, knocking out Oberon’s Snivy easily. The little fire type was too hurt afterward to beat Oberon’s Litten though. One hit from Oberon’s Litten was all it took to knock it out. As the trainer called back its fainted Chimchar and conceded defeat, Oberon held up the signal. I rushed out from behind the trees and yelled at the startled trainer to hand over his Pokemon. The kid, trembling in fear at the sight of me, quickly handed over the pokeball containing his Chimchar. I snatched the ball and put it in my pocket. I then yelled at the now crying kid that if he went to the cops, I would find him and beat him up. The kid looked as if he might pee his pants as he nodded at me that he understood. I then told the kid to scram and he ran away as fast as he could.

After calling it a day, we headed to the Pokemon center in Sandgem town to heal our stolen Pokemon. Once the Pokemon were healed, we went to a wooded spot nearby and divvied up the stolen Pokemon. Since the trainer who had the Chimchar only had one Pokemon, and it had been my turn to keep the Pokemon, I got to keep the Chimchar. I released the Chimchar from it’s pokeball in order to introduce myself and begin the process of making it obey me. Once the Chimchar came out of it’s pokeball, it looked up at me confused for moment, trying to figure out who I was, as well as where its old trainer went. I gave the Pokemon a stern look and said to it in an equally stern tone of voice “My name is Knuckles, and I am your new trainer. You WILL obey me now and do whatever I say or you will be punished” I paused to take a breath and to study the Pokémon’s reaction. Normally Pokemon are scared after I introduce myself in this manner, but not this Chimchar. The little fire type gave me a mean, stubborn look. It crossed its arms and let out a stubborn “Char Char”. I then gave it a mean look back and explained to it, in a mean voice, that if it did not obey me, I would lock it in a pokeball forever and only let it out to battle a Pokemon that would kick it’s a**. This is normally enough to make the Pokemon terrified and willing to comply, but not this little guy. The Chimchar let out an angry ‘Char’ and uncrossed its arms. It noticed Oberon talking with one of the other Pokemon we stole that day, and it made a small ball of fire from the flame on its tail and threw it at the Pokemon. The Pokemon, which was a Weedle, fell backward as it was hit by the fire. Before it could get up, the Chimchar ran over to it and started punching and kicking it until it passed out. The poor Weedle tried to fight back, stinging the Chimchar with the stinger on its tail and jabbing the horn on its head into it, but the effort was in vain. The rage of the little Chimchar was no match for the Weedle, and after only a few seconds it passed out.

The attack happened too fast, and I didn’t have time to grab the Chimchar’s pokeball from my pocket and withdraw it before the Weedle passed out. By the time I had the pokeball in my hand, the Chimchar had walked back to where I was and was screeching over and over ‘CHAR CHAR CHIM CHAR CHARR CHIM CHAR!”. It also shook its little fist at me while it shrieked, as if trying to say don’t mess with me. This made me actually like the little Pokemon, its attitude matched my personality nicely and I liked that about it. I instantly respected the little Pokemon, something that had never happened with any other Pokemon up to that point. As the Pokemon continued shrieking, Oberon was yelling for me to withdraw it back into its Pokeball before it attracted attention from the nearby townsfolk. I had a better idea than simply putting the Pokemon back in its ball though. I held up my hands to the little Pokemon and said to it “Alright Alright… point taken, please just calm down ok?” The Chimchar finally stopped screeching, but still shook its fist at me.

I said to the Chimchar in my calmest, most respectful voice “You got quite the temper there little guy, I like that. You are much like me… I think we can actually get along well if you give me a chance.” The Chimchar started to calm down now, it stopped shaking its fist and instead just looked up at me with an annoyed look. I continued talking, saying to it “You gave that Weedle quite the beating, I take it you like to fight then?” The Pokemon nodded at me and I continued “Want know why they call me Knuckles?” The Chimchar stared up at me curiously and nodded. I looked the Pokemon in the eyes and began to explain “Because I also like to fight, I beat up people who don’t give me what I want and I do so without the slightest regret.” I paused letting the little Pokemon take in what I had just said, then I continued “In that regard, you and me are alike, we both like to fight and we both like to get what we want. I would love to have such a ferocious fighter such as yourself on my side.” After another pause to take a breath I held out my hand toward the Chimchar and asked “So… what do you say little guy? Want to fight together?” The Chimchar grabbed my hand and nodded. I actually smiled a little as it held on to my hand. I shook the smile away quickly, then said “Great… from this point on, we are a team.” After saying that, the Chimchar let go of my hand and quietly stood next to me.

It was then that I realized I needed to name this little guy. Normally I don’t give Pokemon nicknames, I find doing so to be stupid and childish. In this case though, I felt I actually had a bond with this little guy, so I figured it was worth making an exception just this once. I said to the Chimchar “You need a bad a** name to go with that fighting personality of yours….” I looked over at where the Weedle had passed out, and that’s when it came to me. “How about Destroyer? I think it suits you well. What do you think?” I asked the Chimchar. It gave an excited ‘Char’ as it nodded its agreement to the name. I gave Destroyer a thumbs up and said “Destroyer it is then…” For the first time ever, I felt like I actually had a Pokemon of my own and one that would be by my side no matter what. Oberon decided it was time to go, so we grabbed our stuff, and called back the stolen Pokemon back to their pokeballs. As I called Destroyer back to his ball I said “Don’t worry Destroyer, as soon as we are clear of the area, I will let you out of your ball again.” With that, I pressed the button on his pokeball and watched as it sucked him back in. Then me and Oberon left the woods and headed out to find somewhere to spend the night. And that’s the story of how I met Destroyer, one of the only Pokemon I ever became friends with.
    Because it wasn't graded in 7 days you get 15 points for your knuckles character.
    @Suicune's Fire can you grade nobles?

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Lychee
    GCEA Version: Platinum
    Trainer Name: Briar Clark
    Link to stats: here
    Word Count: 951
    Entry: ((This is also for the starter contest in Platinum, since the original thread seems to have been moved/deleted))

Spoiler:
    Journal. Early Spring. Mid afternoon, overcast weather. Abundance of bug pokemon.
    The moon cycle is... about half full? Wind direction coming from the south. Athemiometer is reading green. Mood ring, blue.
    I'm not sure where I left my camera, but apart from that I have about 24 hours worth of supplies food-wise.

On my mission to Mount Quena I've become a little turned around- despite how tall that mountain is. You'd think someone would be able to see it and follow a path towards it without any problem, but no. I believe this phenomenon may be attributed to the abundance of Butterfree at the site, who are all capable of using a confusion ray. The collection of confusion emitting bug pokemon- especially in early spring- mating season, means that there's a huge psychic disturbance in the area. Perhaps the slight ESP that my sister and I have makes us more susceptible to these psychic waves. In any case, no matter how precisely I line myself up with the mountain I still cannot make any distance towards it. Perhaps it is an illusion altogether.
    I did hear that a failed (or perhaps successful, TOO successful) experiment by Pokemon scientists got away from an island a few years ago and came to that mountain. Also that there were evil pokemon clones. I don't know how much I believe that- for the government or even team rocket to be messing with psychic pokemon and cloning.... seems too predictable. What I think instead is that perhaps they brought back a shapeshifting form of mew. I know that ditto are often used in pokemon breeding experiments- which is possibly where the cloning idea came from, since ditto will usually make a copy of whichever pokemon they mate with. A ditto crossed with mew is probably the most frightening thing to the government- an ancient pokemon of unknown power, mixed with a modern pokemon who has the power to shapeshift. For the purpose of going into the future, I will call this hypothetic pokemon Meitto.
    Anyway, this is part of the reason I'm working on conquering Mount Quena, so that I can have a chance to discover Meitto. Of course, documenting Meitto will be extremely difficult, as it is most likely a powerful shapeshifter capable of things I may not understand. Why do I think that an ancient pokemon depicted in the Ruins of Alph would be so powerful? Because, historically, humans and pokemon used to be closer together- almost like a species that could breed with one another. What if Mew is one of those ancient pokemon who was closer to human? What sort of amazing understanding and sentience and ability might it have? Anyway, I'm sure somebody is looking into it. It IS a legendary after all- legendary pokemon are already documented enough for people to believe in them, and professors to leave space to code in information about them into pokedexes. What I'm most interested in are the undocumented ones- the ones that, even in ancient times, may not have gotten statues or inscriptions. Ones that people doubt the very existence of (rather than ones like lame-old-articuno and things like Suicune, which people have seen running around and revere as gods and build temples to and stuff). I would love to go and adjust my theories by looking at information in museums, but the region of Johto doesn't have one.
    Why does Johto have no museums?
    Well, that's a theory for another time.
    It could also be connected to the fact that Johto has no graveyards.

At this point, I think I might have to postpone my trip to the mountain, simply due to the Butterfree Psychic phenomenon that is going on in the spring. Also because a small reptilian pokemon has started following me around. It is strange to find a Totodile here, as it is not a swamp- however, once again, this could be attributed to the abundance of bug pokemon around. This particular totodile is occasionally taking a break from stalking me to chase smaller insect pokemon and snap its jaws happily.
    Now that I look at it, I wonder- why do Totodile have a V shaped marking on them? The blue or green colouring of skin I can understand as a method of camouflage, but the geometric shape across the chest makes me consider some kind of shirt, or perhaps armor. If Pokemon and humans were once related, perhaps this marking on totodile is similar to a chestplate protection? Now, which pokemon would it be defending itself from?
    The obvious answer is a grass type, as they do so much damage. I have a theory that this V shape on the chest of a totodile, if it grew, may afford some kind of protection against plant-based attacks. Ah. Now the totodile has bitten onto my boot. This is a sign of affection in many pokemon species who lack the long arms to hug each other- if you can imagine totodile hugging, it would be a very awkward affair. Instead they choose to bite each other.
    Aha!
    That must be what the chest-plate V is for- not for camouflage, but for affection!
    Can you imagine a mother feraligatr trying to show its young some affection by biting down on them? Many pokemon would be crunched in two! But not a young totodile- they have a strong cartilaginous chest-plate in the shape of a V (The V sharpness would depend on the angle of the mothers jaws) to protect them from a mothers love. What a wonderful revelation!
    Well, it seems that perhaps I can investigate totodile more fully as it grows up, as it seems to have become attached to me.
    Last edited by Lychee; 08-01-2019 at 01:28 PM.

I've been told in sketchbook and journal that the 'week' in which we can post resets on Sunday- so even though it hasn't been 7 days, its ok to do another post!

Lychee
    Link to stats: Here
    Word Count: 531
    Entry:
    Spoiler:

Journal. Late Winter. Morning, light cloud cover. Abundance of grass types.
    Moon cycle exactly new (that is, none). Wind strong and gusty from the west. Althemiometer reading green. Mood ring, yellow.
    Camera left behind at home, half a day of food and supplies. Mostly granola. In fact, all granola. I only have a granola bar.

A few minutes ago, I witnessed a large herd of stantler running past my house in the melting snow of the late winter. Everyone knows, where stantler go, so too does the mega-delibird! This is a longstanding knowledge among those who study cryptic pokemon such as myself. It is also where the ACTUAL myth of Santa Claus comes from. Pokemon are ancient, and people have been seeing mega-deli for thousands of years, only recently immortalizing it into pop-culture. My classmates told me that mega-deli is a myth, but I am sure they are wrong. We now know that other pokemon in the world can mega evolve, as long as they find the right stones. I believe that delibird has this capability too- but it requires the psychic energy of a herd of these stantler creatures in order to gain enough sentience to seek out the mega evolution stone it so desires. These sort of of coincidences rarely happen in nature, so it stands to reason that pokemon must work as a team in order to grow and evolve.

Anyway, as I was following the stantler tracks in the snow, I realized I would have to set a trap for mega-deli. As delibirds are often found pulling gifts out from their tails, they are also just as often stuffing things into them. Therefore, the best way to track or trap a delibird is with a gift. Unfortunately, in my haste to chase the stantler, I forgot to take one of my leftover christmas gift boxes, so instead I am trying to tie some fresh spring shoots in a neat way around one of my granola bars, in order to make it look like a gift. It isn't going terribly well. I wasn't very good at wrapping presents, let alone wrapping the odd shape of a snack using random plants.

Off in the distance now I can see the stantler herd, grazing lightly. The stand on the new grass poking up through the snow in a sunny corner of a clearing. Gently, gently I must set this trap- I mustn't spook the herd, but I also need to make myself known to any delibird in the area. To do so, I use my delibird whistle. I've practiced it all winter long, and listen to the delibird cry on repeat in my room for an hour each night. My little brother doesn't appreciate the repetition, but Willow doesn't mind as the sound is out of her range of hearing these days. The whistle made the stantlers' ears prick up, but I tried to think calming thoughts and stand very still. They didn't run away.

Alas, no delibird emerged from within the herd. Perhaps it is already too late in the winter for those precious mysteries to be solved.
    I ate my granola bar.
    I'll get the mega-deli next year.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Lychee
    Word Count: 951
    Entry: ((This is also for the starter contest in Platinum, since the original thread seems to have been moved/deleted))

Spoiler:
    Journal. Early Spring. Mid afternoon, overcast weather. Abundance of bug pokemon.
    The moon cycle is... about half full? Wind direction coming from the south. Athemiometer is reading green. Mood ring, blue.
    I'm not sure where I left my camera, but apart from that I have about 24 hours worth of supplies food-wise.

On my mission to Mount Quena I've become a little turned around- despite how tall that mountain is. You'd think someone would be able to see it and follow a path towards it without any problem, but no. I believe this phenomenon may be attributed to the abundance of Butterfree at the site, who are all capable of using a confusion ray. The collection of confusion emitting bug pokemon- especially in early spring- mating season, means that there's a huge psychic disturbance in the area. Perhaps the slight ESP that my sister and I have makes us more susceptible to these psychic waves. In any case, no matter how precisely I line myself up with the mountain I still cannot make any distance towards it. Perhaps it is an illusion altogether.
    I did hear that a failed (or perhaps successful, TOO successful) experiment by Pokemon scientists got away from an island a few years ago and came to that mountain. Also that there were evil pokemon clones. I don't know how much I believe that- for the government or even team rocket to be messing with psychic pokemon and cloning.... seems too predictable. What I think instead is that perhaps they brought back a shapeshifting form of mew. I know that ditto are often used in pokemon breeding experiments- which is possibly where the cloning idea came from, since ditto will usually make a copy of whichever pokemon they mate with. A ditto crossed with mew is probably the most frightening thing to the government- an ancient pokemon of unknown power, mixed with a modern pokemon who has the power to shapeshift. For the purpose of going into the future, I will call this hypothetic pokemon Meitto.
    Anyway, this is part of the reason I'm working on conquering Mount Quena, so that I can have a chance to discover Meitto. Of course, documenting Meitto will be extremely difficult, as it is most likely a powerful shapeshifter capable of things I may not understand. Why do I think that an ancient pokemon depicted in the Ruins of Alph would be so powerful? Because, historically, humans and pokemon used to be closer together- almost like a species that could breed with one another. What if Mew is one of those ancient pokemon who was closer to human? What sort of amazing understanding and sentience and ability might it have? Anyway, I'm sure somebody is looking into it. It IS a legendary after all- legendary pokemon are already documented enough for people to believe in them, and professors to leave space to code in information about them into pokedexes. What I'm most interested in are the undocumented ones- the ones that, even in ancient times, may not have gotten statues or inscriptions. Ones that people doubt the very existence of (rather than ones like lame-old-articuno and things like Suicune, which people have seen running around and revere as gods and build temples to and stuff). I would love to go and adjust my theories by looking at information in museums, but the region of Johto doesn't have one.
    Why does Johto have no museums?
    Well, that's a theory for another time.
    It could also be connected to the fact that Johto has no graveyards.

At this point, I think I might have to postpone my trip to the mountain, simply due to the Butterfree Psychic phenomenon that is going on in the spring. Also because a small reptilian pokemon has started following me around. It is strange to find a Totodile here, as it is not a swamp- however, once again, this could be attributed to the abundance of bug pokemon around. This particular totodile is occasionally taking a break from stalking me to chase smaller insect pokemon and snap its jaws happily.
    Now that I look at it, I wonder- why do Totodile have a V shaped marking on them? The blue or green colouring of skin I can understand as a method of camouflage, but the geometric shape across the chest makes me consider some kind of shirt, or perhaps armor. If Pokemon and humans were once related, perhaps this marking on totodile is similar to a chestplate protection? Now, which pokemon would it be defending itself from?
    The obvious answer is a grass type, as they do so much damage. I have a theory that this V shape on the chest of a totodile, if it grew, may afford some kind of protection against plant-based attacks. Ah. Now the totodile has bitten onto my boot. This is a sign of affection in many pokemon species who lack the long arms to hug each other- if you can imagine totodile hugging, it would be a very awkward affair. Instead they choose to bite each other.
    Aha!
    That must be what the chest-plate V is for- not for camouflage, but for affection!
    Can you imagine a mother feraligatr trying to show its young some affection by biting down on them? Many pokemon would be crunched in two! But not a young totodile- they have a strong cartilaginous chest-plate in the shape of a V (The V sharpness would depend on the angle of the mothers jaws) to protect them from a mothers love. What a wonderful revelation!
    Well, it seems that perhaps I can investigate totodile more fully as it grows up, as it seems to have become attached to me.
    Alright here's the details of this grade!

Spoiler:
    You need a comma after "that".

Now that I look at it, I wonder- why do Totodile have a V shaped marking on them?
    "V-shaped" needs a hyphen.

The V sharpness would depend on the angle of the mothers jaws
    You need an apostrophe for "mother's".

Otherwise this looks good!

2/2 for story

12/13 for effort and what not!

14/15

I've been told in sketchbook and journal that the 'week' in which we can post resets on Sunday- so even though it hasn't been 7 days, its ok to do another post!

Lychee
    Link to stats: Here
    Word Count: 531
    Entry:
    Spoiler:

Journal. Late Winter. Morning, light cloud cover. Abundance of grass types.
    Moon cycle exactly new (that is, none). Wind strong and gusty from the west. Althemiometer reading green. Mood ring, yellow.
    Camera left behind at home, half a day of food and supplies. Mostly granola. In fact, all granola. I only have a granola bar.

A few minutes ago, I witnessed a large herd of stantler running past my house in the melting snow of the late winter. Everyone knows, where stantler go, so too does the mega-delibird! This is a longstanding knowledge among those who study cryptic pokemon such as myself. It is also where the ACTUAL myth of Santa Claus comes from. Pokemon are ancient, and people have been seeing mega-deli for thousands of years, only recently immortalizing it into pop-culture. My classmates told me that mega-deli is a myth, but I am sure they are wrong. We now know that other pokemon in the world can mega evolve, as long as they find the right stones. I believe that delibird has this capability too- but it requires the psychic energy of a herd of these stantler creatures in order to gain enough sentience to seek out the mega evolution stone it so desires. These sort of of coincidences rarely happen in nature, so it stands to reason that pokemon must work as a team in order to grow and evolve.

Anyway, as I was following the stantler tracks in the snow, I realized I would have to set a trap for mega-deli. As delibirds are often found pulling gifts out from their tails, they are also just as often stuffing things into them. Therefore, the best way to track or trap a delibird is with a gift. Unfortunately, in my haste to chase the stantler, I forgot to take one of my leftover christmas gift boxes, so instead I am trying to tie some fresh spring shoots in a neat way around one of my granola bars, in order to make it look like a gift. It isn't going terribly well. I wasn't very good at wrapping presents, let alone wrapping the odd shape of a snack using random plants.

Off in the distance now I can see the stantler herd, grazing lightly. The stand on the new grass poking up through the snow in a sunny corner of a clearing. Gently, gently I must set this trap- I mustn't spook the herd, but I also need to make myself known to any delibird in the area. To do so, I use my delibird whistle. I've practiced it all winter long, and listen to the delibird cry on repeat in my room for an hour each night. My little brother doesn't appreciate the repetition, but Willow doesn't mind as the sound is out of her range of hearing these days. The whistle made the stantlers' ears prick up, but I tried to think calming thoughts and stand very still. They didn't run away.

Alas, no delibird emerged from within the herd. Perhaps it is already too late in the winter for those precious mysteries to be solved.
    I ate my granola bar.
    I'll get the mega-deli next year.
    Round 2!

Spoiler:
    These sort of of coincidences rarely happen in nature
    Simple mistake just don't need two "of"s here.

Unfortunately, in my haste to chase the stantler, I forgot to take one of my leftover christmas gift boxes,
    Since Christmas is a proper noun that name needs to be capitalized.

Other than that this looks good!

2/2 for story

12/13 for effort

14/15

Also one random thing I noticed in the stories is you tend to switch between capitalizing the names of different Pokémon. So for example, in the first story you capitalize Suicune but not Articuno, etc. Not sure if this was a style choice or just something you did without noticing but might be a good idea to be consistent with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    GCEA Version: Blizzard Blue
    Trainer Name: Kyo Writer
    Link to stats: Meowstic in sig
    Word Count: 780
    Entry:
    Spoiler:
    Dear journal,

I’ve never had one of these before. It’s a weird experience, writing a letter than no one will read. But perhaps it’ll help me sort out my thoughts as we continue through this journey. Just the past few days have been crazy, let alone the past few months.

I guess I’ll start with the past few days though. We’re stranded in another dimension, again. The weirdest sentence I’ve ever thought, let alone written. I don’t fully understand how we got here or why we’re here. Even stranger still, I don’t understand why I don’t seem to have a dimensional counterpart. The other members of the group technically don’t either, but that’s because their counterparts all died in the Viridian Forest to some Beedrill. They all seemed familiar with an event so I guess it was an event that split timelines or something. Either way, my counterpart’s location and existence remain a mystery that no one seems able to solve.

For now, though, we have escaped a high-security location known as the Vault. It’s a facility run by the White Rockets. Despite having worked for them for years, this was my first time visiting. Didn’t exactly go as planned by I did learn some valuable information. Giratina is president of this nation. Joy.

None of the other groups remember our previous encounter with the ghost legendary, but I do. This isn’t our first time jumping dimensions, but I’m the only one who seems to remember our previous adventure. I thought it was a nightmare at the time but now I’m sure it was real. We barely escaped with our lives last time and now Giratina is back to torment us once again. Makes me wonder if he dragged us here on purpose to dispose of us quietly. Who knows.

Either way, for now, we’ve donned disguises. I cut my hair and have hidden away my White Rocket uniform. As comfortable as it is, they’re due for a wash anyway and they might draw unnecessary attention. Of course, that didn’t stop Rose and me from getting mixed up in some trouble with a biker gang. We got conned by a nice lady and ended up getting our asses kicked by the leader of the gang. Rose said she recognized him from our universe, but given he had no idea who she was, it seemed to confirm this was indeed an alternate universe. Also probably meant our disguises were working.

So our next course of action is to enlist the help of the Celadon Gym Leader, Sloane Jackson. Unlike Erika in our universe, Sloane is a dark type gym leader. Kinda fitting she hands out the rainbow badge given how light prisms work. She’s a kimono woman and her partner appears to be an Umbreon. We’ve never met before that I can recall but I have a strange sense of familiarity with her. Perhaps we met in another dimension I ventured to but don’t remember. Makes about as much sense as anything else.

Either way, Morty said she was Max’s sister, and while I have no idea who Max is, the rest of the team claims he’s so powerful he’ll be able to fix this. So she’s our best lead at the moment. Currently, we’re in our hideout waiting for her to show up. I think we were supposed to meet at her gym, but Brandon used his Beedrill during his gym battle with her that sent the whole place into chaos. I assume the White Rockets are taking him back to the Vault. The others are worried for his safety, and I am too, but we got lucky the first time we escaped. We can’t run that risk again.

Oh yeah, I guess I should mention, I got my first gym badge. I never had the urge to take on the league challenge before. I grew up around gyms, near the Driftveil City gym and others. Battling is fun and I have to admit there’s a sense of pride in having this badge. But, at the same time, it’s not really what I want to do with my life. The others seem so dedicated to this challenge but I’m not. Unless some sort of miracle happens or I go back and challenge the gyms, I’m short several badges to take on the Elite Four anyway. Still, I think I might challenge other gyms in the future just to keep up with the others. Never hurts to have them, I guess.

I think Morty said he can hear Sloane coming and I don’t know what else to write about so I guess that’s all for now. Until my next entry.

Kyo
    I'm also claiming my 15 points on this.
    / / / / / / / /

9. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Lychee
    Word Count: 603
    Entry: ((A word on shadow pokemon, for the first themed week of the 7 year event!))

Spoiler:
    Journal. Late Summer. Midday, sunshine with no clouds at all.
    Abundance of flying types.
    The moon is Ľ full, waxing. Wind coming from the west. Athemiometer is reading red. Mood ring, yellow.
    Daily supplies like sunscreen, waterbottle and repel on hand. Theres a sticky piece of icecream wood in my pocket from having a treat earlier on.

Today has been a day of contemplation, as we make our way back from a trip to the beach. The beach in question is quite a long way from our town- I don’t know why we don’t just swim in the lake next to the city. People say it has something to do with a dragons den, but I’ve hardly ever seen dragon pokemon close to town, so I believe that is a myth. Maybe before the town was established, more dragon types would swim about in the lake on the mountain, so people have thought it dangerous ever since? I’m not sure. All I know is that if dragon types ever do emerge, they’re extremely popular to catch and train, so people come and snap them up instantly.
    I’m not such a big fan.
    Maybe it’s a little cliché, to dream of yourself as a successful pokemon trainer with a big dragon pokemon roaring behind you- it’s something I certainly see on posters a lot. Maybe I’m just sick of dragons because that Blackthornes whole theme and it’s on every flag, and souvenir, and in every shop window, and on every sign. Dragons dragons dragons, and not a wild dragon in sight.

Anyway! I didn’t start up this entry to talk about that. I wanted to make an entry about a phenomenon called “Shadow Pokemon”. Now, everyone knows shadow pokemon hate the beach, because there is usually so much sunshine and joy and freedom there. It is well documented that most shadow pokemon encounters occur in forests, on rocky outcrops, and in altercations with Team Rocket (or some subsidiary thereof). These are all things quite common to Blackthorne city, and yet these “Shadow Pokemon” are even rarer than the dragons!
    There is a theory circulating online that the shadow itself is actually a pokemon, which is hungry for power and possesses pokemon, filling them with a madness and pain. In some ways, it is like a parasite- but not like a paras! More similar to the fungus that gradually takes over a paras. This possession takes a great strain on the body of a pokemon, even though it occurs slowly over time. The pokemon adjusts, which explains why “Purified” pokemon become stronger when their parasite is removed. Much like a shedninja, it is possible that once killed, this parasite actually becomes a kind of cross between scar tissue and ghost type, leaving behind some buffs for the pokemon remaining. In this way, perhaps spreading the shadowy corruption somehow and then cleansing pokemon of it might make all pokemon stronger. This explains why shadow pokemon are so often found with team rocket, as they would be trying to power up their pokemon using any means possible... even if that means infecting your pokemon with what I will call is the “Corruption Ghost-type”, which causes pain.

In any case, if I ever find a shadow pokemon, I’ll certainly keep a close eye on it and try to hold onto the extracted corruption if the purification process is required. Maybe it won’t be well-formed enough to undergo the matter-energy transmission that being captured by a pokeball requires, but we already know of pokemon who cannot be captured into pokeballs. The Corruption Ghost-Type would be no different to those.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Lychee
    Word Count: 603
    Entry: ((A word on shadow pokemon, for the first themed week of the 7 year event!))

Spoiler:
    Journal. Late Summer. Midday, sunshine with no clouds at all.
    Abundance of flying types.
    The moon is Ľ full, waxing. Wind coming from the west. Athemiometer is reading red. Mood ring, yellow.
    Daily supplies like sunscreen, waterbottle and repel on hand. Theres a sticky piece of icecream wood in my pocket from having a treat earlier on.

Today has been a day of contemplation, as we make our way back from a trip to the beach. The beach in question is quite a long way from our town- I don’t know why we don’t just swim in the lake next to the city. People say it has something to do with a dragons den, but I’ve hardly ever seen dragon pokemon close to town, so I believe that is a myth. Maybe before the town was established, more dragon types would swim about in the lake on the mountain, so people have thought it dangerous ever since? I’m not sure. All I know is that if dragon types ever do emerge, they’re extremely popular to catch and train, so people come and snap them up instantly.
    I’m not such a big fan.
    Maybe it’s a little cliché, to dream of yourself as a successful pokemon trainer with a big dragon pokemon roaring behind you- it’s something I certainly see on posters a lot. Maybe I’m just sick of dragons because that Blackthornes whole theme and it’s on every flag, and souvenir, and in every shop window, and on every sign. Dragons dragons dragons, and not a wild dragon in sight.

Anyway! I didn’t start up this entry to talk about that. I wanted to make an entry about a phenomenon called “Shadow Pokemon”. Now, everyone knows shadow pokemon hate the beach, because there is usually so much sunshine and joy and freedom there. It is well documented that most shadow pokemon encounters occur in forests, on rocky outcrops, and in altercations with Team Rocket (or some subsidiary thereof). These are all things quite common to Blackthorne city, and yet these “Shadow Pokemon” are even rarer than the dragons!
    There is a theory circulating online that the shadow itself is actually a pokemon, which is hungry for power and possesses pokemon, filling them with a madness and pain. In some ways, it is like a parasite- but not like a paras! More similar to the fungus that gradually takes over a paras. This possession takes a great strain on the body of a pokemon, even though it occurs slowly over time. The pokemon adjusts, which explains why “Purified” pokemon become stronger when their parasite is removed. Much like a shedninja, it is possible that once killed, this parasite actually becomes a kind of cross between scar tissue and ghost type, leaving behind some buffs for the pokemon remaining. In this way, perhaps spreading the shadowy corruption somehow and then cleansing pokemon of it might make all pokemon stronger. This explains why shadow pokemon are so often found with team rocket, as they would be trying to power up their pokemon using any means possible... even if that means infecting your pokemon with what I will call is the “Corruption Ghost-type”, which causes pain.

In any case, if I ever find a shadow pokemon, I’ll certainly keep a close eye on it and try to hold onto the extracted corruption if the purification process is required. Maybe it won’t be well-formed enough to undergo the matter-energy transmission that being captured by a pokeball requires, but we already know of pokemon who cannot be captured into pokeballs. The Corruption Ghost-Type would be no different to those.
    Alright let's get rolling!!

Spoiler:
    Daily supplies like sunscreen, waterbottle and repel on hand.
    Water bottle is two words, not one.

Theres a sticky piece of icecream wood in my pocket from having a treat earlier on.
    You need an apostrophe here or change it to "there is".

Maybe I’m just sick of dragons because that Blackthornes whole theme and it’s on every flag
    So I think this needs to be "that's Blackthorne's whole theme". So you'd need an apostrophe s after "that" and an apostrophe in Blackthrone's.

filling them with a madness and pain
    Don't need an "a" here.

The Corruption Ghost-Type would be no different to those.
    And this should be from not to.

2/2 for story

11/13 for effort

Love this little introspection and analysis of shadow pokemon! It's cool to see the comparison to both ghosts as well as "parasitic" pokemon like Parasect or even the existence of Shedninja. Cool stuff! Can't wait to see what else you do for this event!

13/15
    / / / / / / / /

12. This post has been liked by:

Lychee