Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Memories from PE2k?

Was thinking about the pe2k days, and realized that PXR is 5 years old, and I have barely heard a whisper of PE2k in ages.

So for the veterans who came from pe2k, what memories do you have?

I joined when I was 12 (12 years ago), and here is what I remember...

I remember posting all these fake ways to get legendary Pokemon that I had heard of but never tried (In fire red, you could get Celebi by going into berry forest, and triggering a hidden dungeon opening by cutting all of the grass...), and @Pokemon Trainer Sarah replying to the threads, always with something nice and encouraging, even though anybody with half a brain could tell it was fake (I was twelve...)).

I remember when it was pretty dead and @Suicune's Fire abused her mod powers to mess with me by changing the names of all the threads I made in her section...

I remember doing WFL and being convinced @Rival Max had it in for me, because it seemed like every time he was official of one of my posts something bad would happen XD To the point where I went and read through all the threads to see how often bad stuff happened to other people from his posts compared to the other officials... (Sorry JD...)

I remember getting my first (and only) infraction from @Neo Emolga because in the serious discussion section in a thread about the BP Oil Spill, I comment "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants! Who died in an Oil Spill, 'cause of BP? Spongebob Squarepants!" I felt pretty ashamed for a few weeks after that...

I remember being about 17, and meeting @Midnight Sun and deciding we'd join WFL together. Except we started during some event where everyone was pulled into some other world, and all the threads for nearby routes were locked, so we were stuck in the first town with nothing to do, until Pokemon Trainer Sarah made up a side quest to keep us occupied, that involved letting us in to Route 1. However I get the feeling she didn't tell the other officials, because I had angry officials contacting me asking me how the hell I got into Route 1 when the thread was closed...

Will post more as I remember...

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I never joined the forums because I was too scared too but I distinctly remember reading the comics articles and using the sprite resources from the site. I even remember the April Fools articles about Rocket Meowth replacing the voice of Meowth and Misty rejoining the anime!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I remember that site. I used to use it for it's sprite resources loads, though I only joined the forum late on. I remember there was a friendly, none-ev trained tournament which was hosted by someone called Judge Dread. (I don't know why, but I keep thinking that was @Rival Max. Not sure if I'm just imagining things.)
    I entered it, and due to there being an odd number of entrants, got though the first round by default. Then my opponent in the second round didn't have time to make a team so only had two pokemon, one of which was underleveled. So I got into the finals of my first tournament by dumb coincedence. Didn't win though, or at least I don't think I did. But then I didn't get to post much there, and when I came back, the site had closed.

Administrator

I had found the are a few times in the past and forgot about it. Then, years later after losing the sense of being too shy to join I stumbled onto the site once more. This time, finding Neo Emolga’s Pikachu Survivor Game. It lead me to want to join so fast so I could participate in the next. Though, it prevented me from even signing up (cause unbeknownst to me everyone had already moved to PXR). It gave me tons of laughs and excitement reading through that game eventhoug it had ended nearly a full year ago and the site wasn’t even active. Through determination and will I ended up getting led here.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    I remember that site. I used to use it for it's sprite resources loads, though I only joined the forum late on. I remember there was a friendly, none-ev trained tournament which was hosted by someone called Judge Dread. (I don't know why, but I keep thinking that was @Rival Max. Not sure if I'm just imagining things.)
    I entered it, and due to there being an odd number of entrants, got though the first round by default. Then my opponent in the second round didn't have time to make a team so only had two pokemon, one of which was underleveled. So I got into the finals of my first tournament by dumb coincedence. Didn't win though, or at least I don't think I did. But then I didn't get to post much there, and when I came back, the site had closed.
    That was me :) On Pe2k I had 3 user names. The Unreal Shadow Tracker, Dark Shadow Lord, and Judge Dredd. My main focus was the battling section. I miss those days

I joined Pe2k and this community 10 years ago! Feels like longer. When I joined I was 25 years old and just getting into competitive battling.

I was a complete noob when I first job. In my very first tournament I lost in the first round. Now me being unaware that when you battle you can choose to either battle at currrent level or set level (50). I got my butt handed to me and after the match I told the mod that I thought the guy cheated... lol This became a situation and the user at the left was so pissed they went on a tirade and left the forum and never came back hahahahah

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

7. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I joined Pe2k in 2008 (over 10 years ago, wow!) and posted my Path of Destiny story there. I have so many awesome memories of the writing community. It was super fun, and I remember me and a few others started talking as our characters so much in our story threads that one person made the first ever "Character Chat" and it was super active and fun. I remember following a lot of the big, long stories posted by authors there. The story discussions are what I remember most fondly about Pe2k.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

@Desolate Divine

Ouch, that was ME who did that? Looking back, that almost seems a little harsh. >.<

I first joined PE2K back when it was on Proboards, back in September 2003. And obviously while Emolga wasn't around back then, some of you may know I was Neo Pikachu for a dang long time, but that's not actually the original name I signed up with. I was originally FlyingLatios before thinking of doing a mash-up between Neo from the Matrix and Pikachu. So I maybe only walked around with FlyingLatios for about a month or two before rolling with Neo Pikachu for a long time. All the way up until April Fool's Day, 2011, where I changed my identity to Neo Emolga not just as a day-long April Fool's Day gag, but permanently.

I originally joined PE2K for fan fiction because I was tired of writing novels and having no one ever read them. So I thought it would be cool to write stuff and post it in public to see what people thought. My first fan fiction, Digit 6, was hilarious garbage. I don't have it anymore, thankfully, but it was pretty crapola and I'm happy no one will ever see it. Go on, just try to find it. It's way long gone. I wrote a few others, but the most memorable was the Trial of Juno saga, which is about a former bully kid who becomes a dreamt-up Pikachu to save a world of Pokémon and even enters both the Heaven and Hell Pokémon afterlife variants. It gets pretty complex, but it was fun to write and a lot of people loved it. Even had its own RP! I forget what my first role play was, though.

I also didn't know how to use signatures in the beginning so at the bottom of every post, I dropped stuff in pretending to be a signature. So while I was cruising with FlyingLatios for a while, I dropped a screen cap of the Pokémon Heroes movie with a quote under it for every post I made, trying to play it off as a signature. Holy nubcake, Batman. When I finally figured out how to add a signature, my first banner was garbage. A total blasphemy to Photoshop. I screen caped Matrix code, wrote "Pikachu is the one" with Matrix font, and that's it. Probably only two layers. I don't have that one anymore either. XD

I almost got myself banned, also. When I joined Team Nox for WAR Season 2 (PE2K Season 2, not PXR Season 2. This goes WAAAY back), I wrote a rather not-so-nice team application saying "oh yeah, I saw what's being submitted and I know I can beat that chump stuff" kind of thing and got reprimanded by Daniela Defines Divinity, who probably would have changed the course of history if she did an immediate ban for that. I think would have walked off to Serebi or PokeCommunity instead and might not be here today then. :x

Fondest PE2K memory was without a doubt, the WAR Season 5 RP. It was the longest RP ever and the best. We had many others that were great but that one was legendary. Lord Celebi (rust), played the main antagonist and that dude hit all the right notes. He was cunning, clever, devious, and relentless. We had massive armada battles, I RPed Lugia for the first time, he created mutant armies, and it went on and on. We tried many other RPs that paid homage to that, and while they were great on many levels, WAR Season 5 RP was still the most epic. I miss RPing with that dude, because he really got you into the spirit of it. I've RPed both against him and with him and it was fun every single time.

@Desolate Divine I remember that lol You were a hand full when you were younger and I wanted to give you a challenge to deal with. I think for the most part WFL was modded by people who wanted the journey to be happy. I wanted to test people lol

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    @Desolate Divine I remember that lol You were a hand full when you were younger and I wanted to give you a challenge to deal with. I think for the most part WFL was modded by people who wanted the journey to be happy. I wanted to test people lol
    Was a handful when I was younger? I remember you listing me higher on your list of favorite Australians than Chris Hemsworth because according to you, given the same hammer, I'd do more damage hahaha

12. This post has been liked by:

Wow yeah I joined Pe2K at the end of 2007 when I found a story called Selena Espeon about an espeon pokemorph. Virtually every characer except the main one was a guest star, and I joined up so I could have a flareon pokemorph character in it. XD Each "chapter" was about a paragraph long but I still loved it. It was so cool to find out that other people aside from myself wrote pokemon stories!

I think similarly to others here, my fondest memories were about the stories and other art. I remember reviewing almost every pokemon story that I could and leaving detailed feedback. XD Like probably too detailed. I also got really into spriting, and basically lived in the sprite art section as well as the fanfiction section. I made lots of friends and have some great memories.