Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brock no longer single???

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    True, but usually the sentiment isn't reciprocated.
    No you misunderstand. I'm saying she's not the only older woman to have liked Brock back. Pike Queen Lucy is the first to come to mind. Lizabeth from the Temple of the Sea movie also liked Brock though she was arguably closer to his age I think. And I know there were a couple in the Sinnoh arc as well.

Point is it's not the weirdest thing or the first time we've seen this in Pokemon let alone anime in general. I just wouldn't think about it too hard when the protagonist has literally been ten for so many years.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    No you misunderstand. I'm saying she's not the only older woman to have liked Brock back. Pike Queen Lucy is the first to come to mind. Lizabeth from the Temple of the Sea movie also liked Brock though she was arguably closer to his age I think. And I know there were a couple in the Sinnoh arc as well.

Point is it's not the weirdest thing or the first time we've seen this in Pokemon let alone anime in general. I just wouldn't think about it too hard when the protagonist has literally been ten for so many years.
    @Arrow-Jolteon

According to the Bulbapedia page on Lucy, in the Trivia section, it lists seven people aside from her that also reciprocated his feelings: Wilhomena, Temacu, Natalie, Lizabeth, Holly, Autumn, and Narissa

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    @Arrow-Jolteon

According to the Bulbapedia page on Lucy, in the Trivia section, it lists seven people aside from her that also reciprocated his feelings: Wilhomena, Temacu, Natalie, Lizabeth, Holly, Autumn, and Narissa
    Yeah, but most of these appear to be around Brock's age, and Natalie even looks younger (she even seems closer to Ash in age than to Brock). The only one that imo does look older than Brock is Lucy, and even she still appears to be closer to teenage than adulthood. I'm aware that I'm probably overthinking it, and that it's entirely possible that Olivia is a teenager that just looks old for her age, but still.

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I love how this whole discussion got derailed. XD I agree with Arrow though; the age difference given he's a mid teen is creepy. I will admit I didn't expect him to be that young though, but the anime is weird so whatever.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Yeah :/ I don’t think it’s reslly worth thinking about too hard but honestly this whole discussion has really soured my opinion on the whole thing when I was actually genuinely happy when I first saw this. It’s reslly not worth arguing about? Especially given how weird the anime is with physics and what not, including the fact that like most of the cast don’t have confirmed ages at all. Or even age suggestions for that matter.

Also definitely gotta disagree with you on that Lucy point. I pegged her as about the same age as Olivia. She definitely acts more like an adult than Olivia does anime wise too.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 01-16-2019 at 01:34 AM.
    /// /

Senior Administrator

Yeah :/ I don’t think it’s reslly worth thinking about too hard but honestly this whole discussion has really soured my opinion on the whole thing when I was actually genuinely happy when I first saw this. It’s reslly not worth arguing about? Especially given how weird the anime is with physics and what not, including the fact that like most of the cast don’t have confirmed ages at all. Or even age suggestions for that matter.

Also definitely gotta disagree with you on that Lucy point. I pegged her as about the same age as Olivia. She definitely acts more like an adult than Olivia does anime wise too.
    Haha well all details aside, it is nice for Brock since he's been chasing women for most of my entire life.

Kinnie's GCEA Card

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Haha well all details aside, it is nice for Brock since he's been chasing women for most of my entire life.
    Yeah! That’s why I was super excited about it. It was one of my favorite gags as a kid but it’s nice to see him get a steady girlfriend.
    /// /

Senior Administrator

Yeah! That’s why I was super excited about it. It was one of my favorite gags as a kid but it’s nice to see him get a steady girlfriend.
    It's pretty cute. xD I wonder how long it'll last ahaha. I mean is he gonna leave the group or will she come with or will it be long distance? So many questions!

Kinnie's GCEA Card

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    It's pretty cute. xD I wonder how long it'll last ahaha. I mean is he gonna leave the group or will she come with or will it be long distance? So many questions!
    Ooh yeah I hadn’t thought of that. There’s a chance it’ll be long distance? But I think once Brock goes home that’ll be the end of it. I hope not but I think that’s what will happen.
    /// /

Senior Administrator

Ooh yeah I hadn’t thought of that. There’s a chance it’ll be long distance? But I think once Brock goes home that’ll be the end of it. I hope not but I think that’s what will happen.
    Who knows! Be interesting to see I suppose.

Kinnie's GCEA Card