Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock no longer single???

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar

Brock no longer single???

https://nextshark.com/brock-pokemon-...Z4wgVyJokRaa-8

I don't watch the anime, but this got my attention.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

That's pretty funny, and cool in a way. Certainly took him long enough!

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

I saw this all over instagram. To be candid I always pegged Olivia as a hardcore lesbian but I'm happy for Brock. He got himself a rock gal.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I mean, I don’t watch the anime any more, but, according to the wiki, there are eight other women who Brock liked and who also liked Brock at some point, so...

If it ends up working, good for them. I don’t have high hopes, though.

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Isn't Olivia like 10 years older than Brock, tho? Idk, it just seems very awkward to me because Olivia looks like an adult woman and Brock is canonically a teenager...

Do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. Maybe Olivia just looks old for her age.

6. This post has been liked by:

@Arrow-Jolteon

I mean, some people who are 10 years apart do have good relationships. Granted, usually they're a little older than 16 (Brock's age) but it happens.

I can't find Olivia's age, so I don't know one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    @Arrow-Jolteon

I mean, some people who are 10 years apart do have good relationships. Granted, usually they're a little older than 16 (Brock's age) but it happens.

I can't find Olivia's age, so I don't know one way or another.
    Yeah, but the issue here is that Brock is a minor. There's a difference between a 15-year-old dating a 25-year-old to a 30-year-old dating a 40-year-old: in the latter it's less awkward because both parties are fully grown adults, but in the former one of them is still in the process of growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Yeah, but the issue here is that Brock is a minor. There's a difference between a 15-year-old dating a 25-year-old to a 30-year-old dating a 40-year-old: in the latter it's less awkward because both parties are fully grown adults, but in the former one of them is still in the process of growing up.
    I mean, you're not wrong, but this is a show made in Japan we're talking about, the culture is a bit different there. I mean, in Oklahoma you aren't considered an adult until 18, but you can drive at 15 1/2, have sex at 16, etc. The "adulthood" only applies to military service, criminal trials, smoking, and drinking, the last of which requires an age of 21.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    I mean, you're not wrong, but this is a show made in Japan we're talking about, the culture is a bit different there. I mean, in Oklahoma you aren't considered an adult until 18, but you can drive at 15 1/2, have sex at 16, etc. The "adulthood" only applies to military service, criminal trials, smoking, and drinking, the last of which requires an age of 21.
    Oh man, if I had a penny for every time I heard that excuse... look, Japan's age of consent being 13 years old, that rule only applies for when 13-year-olds have relations with OTHER 13-year-olds, not that adults and kids are legally allowed to date. The actual age of consent on that front in Japan is 19.

And once again, it's entirely possible this doesn't even apply to Olivia and Brock at all because maybe Olivia is actually Brock's age and just looks hella old for a teenager and I'm just worrying over nothing. It would be a lot simpler if we got some clarification on that front.

Oh man, if I had a penny for every time I heard that excuse... look, Japan's age of consent being 13 years old, that rule only applies for when 13-year-olds have relations with OTHER 13-year-olds, not that adults and kids are legally allowed to date. The actual age of consent on that front in Japan is 19.
    That's not what I meant at all, I didn't even cite their age of consent because I figured there was some sort of caveate like that. I didn't know Japan's actual age of consent, but it's similar here in Oklahoma where the 16-year-old age of consent has a limit of two years difference. So 16/18, 17/19, and 18/20. I just meant that 16 may not be too much of a stretch depending on what their culture says for that age group.

And once again, it's entirely possible this doesn't even apply to Olivia and Brock at all because maybe Olivia is actually Brock's age and just looks hella old for a teenager and I'm just worrying over nothing. It would be a lot simpler if we got some clarification on that front.
    This is also true, I'm just sorta... playing the Devil's Advocate.