Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brock no longer single???

I know I'm late here, but as people following the anime know, nothing really happened and Brock (and Misty) returned to Kanto after their 2 ep stint in Alola and status quo returned. 20+ years in the anime people should know nothing will really change in the series, and Misty and Brock have both remained relatively stagnant characters from about early Johto to the time they left the show (besides Misty taking over the Gym, etc), so there's nothing to talk about really.

For some reason much like Ash is sometimes reset for new regions and Team Rocket always follow him, Misty/Brock aren't really allowed to progress either. Which actually blows my mind is the writers managed to give development to almost every companion that came after, like May, then Dawn, etc. Misty and Brock suffer from what I like to call, "Season 1 syndrome" in that all their development happened in a single season and then from Johto onward they're stuck in limbo similar to Ash and TR.

This is also why people used to complain for years Misty getting stuck with Togepi dulled her character. For some reason the writers just don't care about giving Misty or Brock any development in the series, it's always been like this, whereas all of Ash's other companions from May onward have a character arc in their respective sagas till they leave. Most of us realized this 20 years ago when Johto was airing, but I guess for younger fans they may not know this.

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by precita View Post
    I know I'm late here, but as people following the anime know, nothing really happened and Brock (and Misty) returned to Kanto after their 2 ep stint in Alola and status quo returned. 20+ years in the anime people should know nothing will really change in the series, and Misty and Brock have both remained relatively stagnant characters from about early Johto to the time they left the show (besides Misty taking over the Gym, etc), so there's nothing to talk about really.

For some reason much like Ash is sometimes reset for new regions and Team Rocket always follow him, Misty/Brock aren't really allowed to progress either. Which actually blows my mind is the writers managed to give development to almost every companion that came after, like May, then Dawn, etc. Misty and Brock suffer from what I like to call, "Season 1 syndrome" in that all their development happened in a single season and then from Johto onward they're stuck in limbo similar to Ash and TR.

This is also why people used to complain for years Misty getting stuck with Togepi dulled her character. For some reason the writers just don't care about giving Misty or Brock any development in the series, it's always been like this, whereas all of Ash's other companions from May onward have a character arc in their respective sagas till they leave. Most of us realized this 20 years ago when Johto was airing, but I guess for younger fans they may not know this.
    Wow I have never actually thought of this before, but now that you say it, it's so obvious. They really only existed to make Ash look interesting. And yeah, just sort of blended into the background. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii