Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brock no longer single???

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    I just meant that 16 may not be too much of a stretch depending on what their culture says for that age group.
    ...Sorry but I still don't get what you're trying to say here with this, can you clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    ...Sorry but I still don't get what you're trying to say here with this, can you clarify?
    You said before that it was strange because he's still in the process of growing up. Until you told me 19, I didn't know where Japan drew that line, or how much leeway there was, so for all I knew, 16 was old enough to be dating, say, 25-ish, just like where I live I wouldn't say 16/20 dating would be unusual, but anything past dating or past those ages would be. Does that make sense? Or am I still more or less speaking nonsense?

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Actually while she doesn’t have a canon age they say she’s one of the youngest kahunas. Given trial captains max out age wise around 19, she could be somewhere around her early 20s. So it wouldn’t be too weird.
    //// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    You said before that it was strange because he's still in the process of growing up. Until you told me 19, I didn't know where Japan drew that line, or how much leeway there was, so for all I knew, 16 was old enough to be dating, say, 25-ish, just like where I live I wouldn't say 16/20 dating would be unusual, but anything past dating or past those ages would be. Does that make sense? Or am I still more or less speaking nonsense?
    Nah, it's cleared up. You're good. But yeah, the rules of where you live definitely don't apply to the anime since they most likely follow Japan's 19-years-old rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Actually while she doesn’t have a canon age they say she’s one of the youngest kahunas. Given trial captains max out age wise around 19, she could be somewhere around her early 20s. So it wouldn’t be too weird.
    20s would still feel awkward to me, as Brock is 15 years old according to Bulbapedia and a 15-year-old dating a 20-year-old still feels off to me. I could be alright with it if she was maybe 17 or so, though.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

I get that. I guess it’s not strange to me because most of the married couples in my life have like a six to eight year age gap.
    //// /

I get that. I guess it’s not strange to me because most of the married couples in my life have like a six to eight year age gap.
    Once again, it's not strange once both parties are adults. If they met as adults then the age gap isn't a problem. It's more awkward when one of them is a teen and the other one is an adult. My own mom is five years younger than my dad, but by the time the two met they were both already in their 20s, making the age gap a non-issue.

7. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Once again, it's not strange once both parties are adults. If they met as adults then the age gap isn't a problem. It's more awkward when one of them is a teen and the other one is an adult. My own mom is five years younger than my dad, but by the time the two met they were both already in their 20s, making the age gap a non-issue.
    I mean I guess. Personally I think because it’s an anime it’s not really worth thinking about it too hard? It’s not like this is Brock’s first time charming adult women.
    //// /

I mean I guess. Personally I think because it’s an anime it’s not really worth thinking about it too hard? It’s not like this is Brock’s first time charming adult women.
    True, but usually the sentiment isn't reciprocated.

Member of the Month

I give them a week, tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    I give them a week, tops.
    I say a few days.

·»We think too much, and feel too little.«·
    Paired with Cleobel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast