This is an all new story of mine that takes place in my remixed anime universe in between SM and wherever Gen 8 will be, so there are slight spoilers for the stories in the Anime Remix Project.

Prologue: Let's Talk About the Upcoming Contest Season...

A brown haired girl looked over the camera tripod that faced her bed. Once sure the camera was able to capture her in a full shot, she climbed off the bed to make sure the tripod would not be bumped or jostled while she was filming.

"Getting ready to film, Nikki?" a dark brown haired man smiled as he peeked in the room.

"Yeah--the same 'Let's Talk About It' post I've made the last two times I've attempted a contest journey." the girl told her father as she carefully nudged the tripod a little closer to the bed. "Only I'll also add my hopes for actually making it to the Grand Festival this time. It comforted me to know that Grand Coordinator Dawn was once in my shoes."

"Well, even great coordinators all had to start somewhere." Nikki's father smiled. "If you ever want to know about the three Divine Coordinators, Brock was lucky enough to travel with May, Dawn, and Serena."

Nikki grinned. "I'm sure he has plenty of true tales to tell about them."

"Well, I won't keep you--I've let the Pokemon out to play in the yard, so they won't bother you while you film." Nikki's father assured Nikki as he turned to leave. "Pancakes will be ready as soon as you finish."

"Thanks, Dad." Nikki smiled.

After getting up to close the bedroom door, she returned to the camera and turned it on. Luckily, it would not start filming until she pressed RECORD on its remote. Once she was recording, it would be saved to her PC for editing, and then posting the finished vlog entry to MyTube.

Luckily, Nikki had built up a supportive fanbase over the four years she had maintained her vlog, Covering Ground. She was very well aware of online safety, and that she could come to her father for help if something got out of hand.

But for the moment, she was focused on her current entry--talking about her impending contest journey.

"Okay, rolling in three...two...one..." she smiled as she pressed RECORD on the camera remote, allowing her to see herself on the bed, aqua plaid pajamas and all.

"Hi everyone, this is Nikki." she said to the camera--her standard greeting for all her vlog entries. "Tomorrow I'm going to attempt journeying around Kanto again, and after I came really close to the Grand Festival last year, I feel that maybe this time, third time will be the charm."

She paused the recording long enough to dash over to the PC sitting near her bookshelf. As she reviewed her introduction in the video editor, she couldn't resist smiling at the small fox creature, the purple twin tailed cat creature, and the small yellow mouse creature romping in the yard. Rena, Zelda, Lexi...here's hoping we'll make it to the Grand Festival this time! she thought as she added in her intro card and the accompanying music.

Once satisfied with her intro, she returned to the bed to record the main part of her entry. "For those of you new to the vlog, I make a living as a coordinator, who competes in Pokemon Contests. Luckily, Pewter City has not just the Gym, but a Contest Hall too. But you really have Grand Coordinator May from Houen to thank for popularizing contests here in Kanto--they were mainly a niche for a long time, then when May decided to compete here, contest popularity skyrocketed. I've also learned a lot from Brock, our Gym Leader and resident renaissance man. He's traveled with the three Divine Coordinators--May Alder, who I mentioned before, Dawn Solberg of Shinou, and Serena Lacroix of Kalos. So he knows a thing or two about Contests..."