Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Funny/Reckless Stories from your past

Did you ever do anything really reckless or fun when you were younger? Tell us all about it!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I haven't done many reckless things but the first thing I thought of was the year I got a bike for Christmas when I was younger. A little while after that, me and my brother were riding our bikes around, and for some reason I thought it would be really, really fun to ride as fast as I could down a steep hill. It went about as well as you'd expect. I ended up going flying off the bike and smashing into the dirt. The weirdest part about the whole thing was that both me and the bike ended up completely undamaged. I still can't explain how that happened. XD

A few years later, I had a similar experience with sledding down a snowy hill and aiming for the snow ramp some people had built. Note to self: Stop going fast down steep hills.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

The year I turned 20 was probably the most reckless I got. A few times myself and some mates camped on a cliff edge in this state park (where it is illegal to camp, drink or have fires (we did all three)) and only stopped because I got caught. I was just lucky the ranger let me off easy. I also went to that same park late one night with some mates with the sole intention of blowing s**t up. Flyspray, deoderant, metholated spirits etc. We ended up making a molotov cocktail (i provided the sock). I also climbed on the roof of my church a fair bit...

4. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Desolate Divine for a future youth pastor, you're such a rebel xD

I used to climb out my bedroom window on the third floor and side-shuffle against the wall of the house, across a steep tin roof, past the bathroom window to my brother's window. It was pretty fun but also pretty stupid...

Also playing "popcorn" on the trampoline... Basically everyone curls into a ball and you jump really high right near them and try to make them uncurl. It was not uncommon to fly off the end. No mesh nets on trampolines in those days lol.
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So when I was in middle school as a fundraising event they held a silent auction and my parents ended winning naming the street leading up to the school after me. So there was a street sign made and everything and it sat there for a couple years. 2012 rolls around though and I plan to leave the school so I go to administration and ask for the sign. My parents paid for it and it’s got my name on it so I should have it right? Wrong. They wouldn’t give it to me. I was livid. But you know I’m a reasonable person. If I get told not to do something I do what every normal adult does in this situation.

I stole the sign. And it is mounted in my bedroom to this day. I even have pictures as proof I can post later.
    / / / / / / / /

7. This post has been liked by:

Love reading all these stories haha. @Pokemon Trainer Sarah played the same thing on our trampoline except we called it "crack the egg."

Very sadly I don't think I've ever done anything reckless that makes a good story. The closest thing is when I used to hang out with friends at our high school right near the school boundaries, at the top of a hill. It was on a short but steep hill down to the fence, which was just your stock standard wire/metal fence. One time my tallest friend was on the hill and I decided it would be a great idea to jump on her so I ran down and jump-tackled her, expecting just to end up having a piggy-back, but instead she lost her footing and we both tumbled violently down the hill and she ended up slung over the fence with a fractured wrist. XD My head very narrowly missed a stump which could have resulted in a good concussion.

9. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Love reading all these stories haha. @Pokemon Trainer Sarah played the same thing on our trampoline except we called it "crack the egg."

Very sadly I don't think I've ever done anything reckless that makes a good story. The closest thing is when I used to hang out with friends at our high school right near the school boundaries, at the top of a hill. It was on a short but steep hill down to the fence, which was just your stock standard wire/metal fence. One time my tallest friend was on the hill and I decided it would be a great idea to jump on her so I ran down and jump-tackled her, expecting just to end up having a piggy-back, but instead she lost her footing and we both tumbled violently down the hill and she ended up slung over the fence with a fractured wrist. XD My head very narrowly missed a stump which could have resulted in a good concussion.
    Haha wow that definitely counts as a reckless story man. Sounds like it was a blast at the time though!

Also here's the pictures as proof:
    Spoiler:
    The sign by my school in 2012 before I stole it:

Suspicious lack of sign later on:

The sign itself in my bedroom:

Best part is the street still has my name on it on Apple Maps:
    / / / / / / / /

11. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Haha wow that definitely counts as a reckless story man. Sounds like it was a blast at the time though!

Also here's the pictures as proof:
    Spoiler:
    The sign by my school in 2012 before I stole it:

Suspicious lack of sign later on:

The sign itself in my bedroom:

Best part is the street still has my name on it on Apple Maps:
    Ah, great! Initiation complete! XD

Oh my gosh hahahahha that is amazing. You go girl. XD

13. This post has been liked by:

I love all of these stories. Sorry to the people that got hurt, but at least you can all laugh about it in hindsight, right?

Personally, I got nothing. Never broke a bone, never did anything illegal or dangerous, really, I only have one memorable story of me doing anything I wasn’t supposed to, which was go down to the school to play without permission (which I got dragged home by the ear for) and one story where I got a scar (playing at a friend’s house, his little brother grabs a tree branch, starts chasing me, I trip and gash open my knee, got about a 1.5 x 0.5 inch scar from it). My life is about as far from reckless as you can get.

15. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hey those stories are still fun though! I just live around crazy people.

Another good story was the time I trespassed on a farm. I was visiting a friend who was to move away soon and so he was hosting a bonfire. So it's me and like six other guys and the main guy, Reilly, is like "hey guys you wanna go see the waterfall when the sun sets before we start the fire?" and of course we're all like "hell yes". So we all go start hiking through his backyard. Now, out of the group, I am the only person who hasn't been to this waterfall before though I've heard about it countless times. So I'm all excited as we hike through the woods and we get to this large drop over a grassy clearing. So we hop a barbed wire fence (should've been a red alarm honestly), and climb down. And there's the waterfall, super pretty, not very big. But when sunset hits it starts casting rainbows everywhere. Absolutely gorgeous.

So we ooh and ahhh and the sun sets so we start to climb back out. Reilly and five of the other guys hop the fence. Me and another guy, James, are climbing over when the tree next to me head just explodes essentially. So James and I freeze and all I hear behind me "Ya **** kids get off my ****ing farm before I shoot you!" So ofc all the guys just scatter like rats running in all different directions. James like just essentially faults the fence. I try to climb after him and tear up my hands on the fence as well as my jeans as the guy fires off more gunshots and by some miracle we all made it back relatively unscathed to Reilly's house. I got patched up and we said I just cut myself on the wood for the bonfire. And to this day my parents still don't know this happened.
    / / / / / / / /