Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Holy cow Jan... I understand protecting your property, but that’s extreme, and with no warning before the first shot, too...

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    Holy cow Jan... I understand protecting your property, but that’s extreme, and with no warning before the first shot, too...
    Apparently my friends were habitual trespassers and had caused a stampede in the past (accident or on purpose not sure), as I later found out.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Apparently my friends were habitual trespassers and had caused a stampede in the past (accident or on purpose not sure), as I later found out.
    Either way that just sounds insane to me, especially where the one he actually shot at was a first-time offender. If he had actually hit you there, yeah he could make the argument that you were trespassing, but you were also getting off of his property at the time, he gave no warning, and you caused no harm while you were there. If where you live is anything like where I live, that would’ve caused a major controversy.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Either way that just sounds insane to me, especially where the one he actually shot at was a first-time offender. If he had actually hit you there, yeah he could make the argument that you were trespassing, but you were also getting off of his property at the time, he gave no warning, and you caused no harm while you were there. If where you live is anything like where I live, that would’ve caused a major controversy.
    I mean it definitely would've been a controversy but he did technically have signs posted that I saw on the way back.
    / / / / / / / /

I mean it definitely would've been a controversy but he did technically have signs posted that I saw on the way back.
    Ah, I see. No, the reason I said that is that Oklahoma still has the “Make My Day” law (not sure if you guys do or not) where you can kill someone trespassing on your property so long as you warn them three times and they are in your house at the time. We actually had a major controversy when a guy called 911, warned the guy banging on his door three times while on the phone with the 911 operator, and shot through the front door of his apartment, killing him. I don’t know how, but the guy got off, probably because of a technicality. People still talk about that issue to this day, and it happened while I was in high school.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Ah, I see. No, the reason I said that is that Oklahoma still has the “Make My Day” law (not sure if you guys do or not) where you can kill someone breaking in so long as you warn them three times and they are in your house at the time. We actually had a major controversy when a guy called 911, warned the guy banging on his door three times while on the phone with the 911 operator, and shot through the front door of his apartment, killing him. I don’t know how, but the guy got off, probably because of a technicality. People still talk about that issue to this day, and it happened while I was in high school.
    Technically if he didn't have signs posted he couldn't have shot me but the other guys he could've. Since I was a first time offender on the property I don't violate SC's trespassing laws. But since the other boys had been there before they were fair game. That being said, if he has signs posted that all goes out the window and we might as well be ducks in season.
    / / / / / / / /

Technically if he didn't have signs posted he couldn't have shot me but the other guys he could've. Since I was a first time offender on the property I don't violate SC's trespassing laws. But since the other boys had been there before they were fair game. That being said, if he has signs posted that all goes out the window and we might as well be ducks in season.
    Right. Still insane though, and that’s without me knowing the ins and outs of the SC trespassing laws. Of course, depending on where the signs were, you could also maybe make the argument that they were not visible from where you had entered or something like that, because that’s a common extension to those laws, but then we’d just be splitting hairs, and we’ve probably already taken up enough of this thread (about a full page) with this discussion.

9. This post has been liked by:

So we ooh and ahhh and the sun sets so we start to climb back out. Reilly and five of the other guys hop the fence. Me and another guy, James, are climbing over when the tree next to me head just explodes essentially. So James and I freeze and all I hear behind me "Ya **** kids get off my ****ing farm before I shoot you!" So ofc all the guys just scatter like rats running in all different directions. James like just essentially faults the fence. I try to climb after him and tear up my hands on the fence as well as my jeans as the guy fires off more gunshots and by some miracle we all made it back relatively unscathed to Reilly's house. I got patched up and we said I just cut myself on the wood for the bonfire. And to this day my parents still don't know this happened.
    What the Shrek. That guy is a psychopath! Who shoots at kids?! o.o Even if it wasn't at you, but to scare you. Like just saying "Hey guys this is private property" would be enough, right? Jeez...

Aaahh man now I'm tryina think up funny reckless stuff! I mean the way I got my knee scar is pretty funny; two friends and I (one of them was the one whose wrist I fractured xD We're still very close) went to stay with her grandpa who lives near a giant lake, except at this point the lake had been drying out and possibly siphoned for use because of the drought, so where normally the water climbs up to was just mud. It was thick, gooey mud that stretched for ages from the water line up the shore. So naturally, as a 14 year old, I decided to roll in it because mud is fun. So I'm there rolling around when suddenly a rude piece of glass is like "hi" and just slices into my knee, which didn't actually hurt as much as you'd think it would, but it started bleeding profusely and as a smart child, I was like "caking the wound with mud should help it stop bleeding!" So I'm sitting there slapping mud on my knee and my friends are like "XANTHE NO!" XD So I washed it off and thankfully avoided infection. That's more me being stupid than reckless. XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    What the Shrek. That guy is a psychopath! Who shoots at kids?! o.o Even if it wasn't at you, but to scare you. Like just saying "Hey guys this is private property" would be enough, right? Jeez...

Aaahh man now I'm tryina think up funny reckless stuff! I mean the way I got my knee scar is pretty funny; two friends and I (one of them was the one whose wrist I fractured xD We're still very close) went to stay with her grandpa who lives near a giant lake, except at this point the lake had been drying out and possibly siphoned for use because of the drought, so where normally the water climbs up to was just mud. It was thick, gooey mud that stretched for ages from the water line up the shore. So naturally, as a 14 year old, I decided to roll in it because mud is fun. So I'm there rolling around when suddenly a rude piece of glass is like "hi" and just slices into my knee, which didn't actually hurt as much as you'd think it would, but it started bleeding profusely and as a smart child, I was like "caking the wound with mud should help it stop bleeding!" So I'm sitting there slapping mud on my knee and my friends are like "XANTHE NO!" XD So I washed it off and thankfully avoided infection. That's more me being stupid than reckless. XD
    Nah I mean that's just kinda the culture around here if I'm being candid. Especially when it comes to repeat offenders. The farmers around here can lose a lot of money if their cattle gets messed with which is probably why he had the no nonsense attitude.

Hahaha nice. Glad it didn't hurt too much even if that was a rather unfortunate event. Playing in the mud is fun otherwise though!
    / / / / / / / /