Legendary achievement unlocks.

After our discussion about the in-game dex, I have been thinking about ways to create incentives for catching all the dex pokemon. Right now my focus is on Legendary Pokemon. I have two ideas for how we can add legends unlocked in the dex to help trainers complete the dex. Neither option will effect the story so there wont be any diverting from the story to do it.

Option 1. A legendary pokemon achievement list is created. The list will have specific requirements that when met will unlock the legendary token.

Option 2. Battle simulator. A battle simulator will be created for the trainers as an app for the poketech. The simulator will allow them to battle pokemon such as the other starters to help them unlock them on their dex. This sim will include all of the legends. Trainers will able to battle them one at a time only when they beat one will they unlock another. The simulator will be tough because youll need to beat a legend but it could be a good challenge for later in the game.

@Brettles @Noblejanobii @AWA1997 @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire @Desolate Divine

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Perhaps a mix of both?

Like for instance, say I wanted to catch a Shaymin. Well the requirement can be have 10 grass pokemon in my pokedex. But then I also have get to it in the battle simulator as well. In order to unlock its battle in the simulator, I have to beat whatever battles come before it as well as meet the preexisting conditions outside the simulator.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Perhaps a mix of both?

Like for instance, say I wanted to catch a Shaymin. Well the requirement can be have 10 grass pokemon in my pokedex. But then I also have get to it in the battle simulator as well. In order to unlock its battle in the simulator, I have to beat whatever battles come before it as well as meet the preexisting conditions outside the simulator.
    lol I was actually thinking that initially I just thought it might not be popular.

My intinial thought was this.
    1. Player meets a requirments listed and gets a special code
    2. Player would use the code to get access to an unlock in the game app (Separate thread)

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    lol I was actually thinking that initially I just thought it might not be popular.

My intinial thought was this.
    1. Player meets a requirments listed and gets a special code
    2. Player would use the code to get access to an unlock in the game app (Separate thread)
    I mean it's worth seeing how other people would receive it but I'd be in favor of that method.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Sounds interesting. I don’t have an opinion on which of the ideas to do, but I’ll gladly cast a vote to all three of them lol

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

What I will say is whatever we do I want to keep Legendary Pokemon out of the story outside of the planned story. Because legendary Pokemon are a bit different with human forms and distinct personalities. Basically i dont want players introducing legendaries to the story. So I'd be more for the simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    What I will say is whatever we do I want to keep Legendary Pokemon out of the story outside of the planned story. Because legendary Pokemon are a bit different with human forms and distinct personalities. Basically i dont want players introducing legendaries to the story. So I'd be more for the simulator
    This purely about dex completion. So no legendaries will appear from this. None of the options would have legends appear. This is bascially a way to get rid of the dolls and have the players get to battle legends to unlock them in the dex bit the battles are in a simulator. So dont worry this wont have any impact at all on the story.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

8. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    This purely about dex completion. So no legendaries will appear from this. None of the options would have legends appear. This is bascially a way to get rid of the dolls and have the players get to battle legends to unlock them in the dex bit the battles are in a simulator. So dont worry this wont have any impact at all on the story.
    Then do what you like and we will be good

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I would vote for a mix of both. Having to unlock them first before battling would make them more special, assuming that none-legendary pokemon are in the simulator as well.