It's a Terribly Bad Habit.

What are some of your bad habits?

I pick at my hair, bite my nails, and have a nasty habit of saying lol or lmfao even when something isn't funny.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Well, there are some people where you need to put "lol" just to make a statement not seem hostile. :P

As for me, I pluck my eyebrows, but that's mainly if I'm terribly bored or just want to remove the loose hairs so they don't drop into my eye or something like that. Also... I pick my nose, BUT WITH A TISSUE, NOT MY BARE FINGER. I also do it in private. It's mainly to clear out the rest of the gunk that you wouldn't normally get out just by blowing. That and I always wash my hands afterword, or at least use a hand sanitizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    As for me, I pluck my eyebrows, but that's mainly if I'm terribly bored or just want to remove the loose hairs so they don't drop into my eye or something like that. Also... I pick my nose, BUT WITH A TISSUE, NOT MY BARE FINGER. I also do it in private. It's mainly to clear out the rest of the gunk that you wouldn't normally get out just by blowing. That and I always wash my hands afterword, or at least use a hand sanitizer.
    Neo do you realise you're listing basic hygiene practices? xD Sillyyy

I still bite my nails. But only ever to straighten them out; I don't chew on them. I have a lot of other habits but they're not terribly bad I suppose haha. Although I do have a bad habit of constantly staying up late, even when I have to get up early.

Bite my nails, haven't used clippers in literally over a decade, I just bite my finger-nails into shape when they get too long and as for toes pick and tear them with my hands-which i find incredibly satisfying for some reason even when I'm nipping in-grown in the bud and it ends up bleeding. I also compulsively rub my eyes and pick out that "eye-goo" that forms under eyelids. The same kind of stuff that crusts over as you sleep and makes it like "sand" in your eyes, except during the day when it's not dry. Never in public, though. It's probably not great to do healthwise and looks gross to people, but it's so satisfying. I do it without thinking and catch myself doing it on pretty much a daily basis.

I also consume smoke regularly, these days only medicinal cannabis (though I plan to take a long break here soon), it helps me cope with some things better than traditional meds ever could or did and with fewer downsides, however it's still rough on the lungs (orally taken oils and the like aren't so great for me with their long onset that can vary based on lots of factors, I need the rapid onset of smoke for it to be effective). Before that and partly during that though I also used to smoke tobacco a lot, for like 15 years, quit and relapsed a few times, but have been tobacco-free now for a while. I feel I finally managed to beat that addiction, thank the Lord.

I guess this really isn’t a habit and more of a catch phrase thing but if something just doesn’t work out right or something weird happens I always go hello??? Kinda like that vine of the person who got water poured on them while they were asleep. It’s pretty funny because my roommate caught on to that one. I also have a habit of messing with my earrings when I’m in class.

Quote Originally Posted by roo View Post
    I guess this really isn’t a habit and more of a catch phrase thing but if something just doesn’t work out right or something weird happens I always go hello??? Kinda like that vine of the person who got water poured on them while they were asleep. It’s pretty funny because my roommate caught on to that one. I also have a habit of messing with my earrings when I’m in class.
    XDD I love that vine! And oh my gosh I fiddle with my earrings while I drive which is really bad. XD It's just sort of something you do without realising.

Administrator

I still pick at my fingers. So if they’re dry and there some rough edges. I pick at it quicker than using fingernail clippers. I also tap on things to tunes in my head. Whether there’s music playing or not.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..