Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Additionally to this (Max this is the first time you have heard this) let's try and keep the small side stuff to about 2-3 posts and to about a day or two. The free time has the potential for great character interaction but if we spend too much time doing it it will kill any momentum we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    Additionally to this (Max this is the first time you have heard this) let's try and keep the small side stuff to about 2-3 posts and to about a day or two. The free time has the potential for great character interaction but if we spend too much time doing it it will kill any momentum we have.
    Understood and I agree. For those who take advantage of it . Its just to help catch and further your character development.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    So how exactly does the separate thread for the first gym work? Do we swap to posting in the gym thread as soon as our character enters the building? Or before? Do we post all events that happen at the gym in that thread, or just the actual battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    So how exactly does the separate thread for the first gym work? Do we swap to posting in the gym thread as soon as our character enters the building? Or before? Do we post all events that happen at the gym in that thread, or just the actual battle?
    You just post the gym battle in the thread. Your post in the story thread can mention you went to the gym but its not required its implied

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Does anyone else update their Trainer Card for every post?
    I thought we had to do it to update our points every post, but now I'm not actually sure!

I like doing it to update my trainer profile, too- when I learn new things about Palila after I've posted, or realize I've left something out.
    Is it against the rules to update the descriptions and stuff? Is it encouraged?
    Or, do people not really bother with looking at trainer cards?
    I noticed that the trainer card hub sticky has never been updated, so maybe its like, a defunct thing?
    I hope this is ok to ask! I'm just trying to figure out what is the normal procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Does anyone else update their Trainer Card for every post?
    I thought we had to do it to update our points every post, but now I'm not actually sure!

I like doing it to update my trainer profile, too- when I learn new things about Palila after I've posted, or realize I've left something out.
    Is it against the rules to update the descriptions and stuff? Is it encouraged?
    Or, do people not really bother with looking at trainer cards?
    I noticed that the trainer card hub sticky has never been updated, so maybe its like, a defunct thing?
    I hope this is ok to ask! I'm just trying to figure out what is the normal procedure.
    I personally only update my trainer card when I get a bonus or an event claim.

7. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    How does the PC system work in GCEA?

Is it like the games where it's an actually computer storgae that essentially works as suspended animation, with no time passing for the pokemon while inside?

Or is it like the Sun & Moon's Pokepelago or the Anime in general, where they are just transported to another location to be looked after by someone else until withdrawn?

Also, if you catch a seventh pokemon, do the pokeballs teleport away, or do they just lock up until you have room? (Both have happened in the Anime)

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    How does the PC system work in GCEA?

Is it like the games where it's an actually computer storgae that essentially works as suspended animation, with no time passing for the pokemon while inside?

Or is it like the Sun & Moon's Pokepelago or the Anime in general, where they are just transported to another location to be looked after by someone else until withdrawn?

Also, if you catch a seventh pokemon, do the pokeballs teleport away, or do they just lock up until you have room? (Both have happened in the Anime)
    First question. Its suspended animation like traditional games

Second question. The ball locks up and the pokemon is transported. Both happen. So you always have the pokeball with you but until you go to a place that allows you to make changes the ball remains locked. If its destoryed the pokemon is fine since its in the pc world. I think of it more like the anime. The pokemon are transported to your professor. So they arent always in the system. They get out like Ashs do at Oaks Lab.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

10. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    @Desolate Divine

I contacted you on Discord 5 days ago about something for my Platinum signup. I will be busier in July; when do you think you can get back to me?

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

@Rival Max

Hey! Looks like theres some cool changes going on around here lately!
    I have a few questions;

- Do you need help with achievements? Is it an old defunct thing, or still being created?
    - In achievements, it mentions battling your 'rival'. Do we self determine a rival who is a PC and someone in our group story? Or is a rival an NPC? Can it be either? WHO WANTS TO BE PALILAS RIVAL <3

- Are journal posts and sketchbook posts once a week regardless of which character/story they are for, or are we able to do 2 if we had characters in 2 stories? I'm assuming its once a week no matter which character it is for, but I just wanna check.

- Will team Galactic story still battle gyms? If they don't, how will I know what level my character can control pokemon up to?