Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Oh, I worked at a Starbucks with an unusual amount of workplace politics. I have too many of these to count.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Actually haven’t seen that one yet, but that’s a prime example!
    Quality film, apologies for the minor spoilers, but yeah in the beginning of the film he actually kicks through his fence and the FBI comes and like searches his whole house.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Nonsensical Stories

*I goof'd*

EDITing: So apparently they allow us to wear jeans now to work, but are taking away ALL drinks. Even water. There's even supposed to be major things done for the store each and every Monday. The store safety inspection. I was the one to handle that and guess what? They don't want me to do it anymore cause it's more important for me to stand at a register doing nothing. All on the off chance one person will come up to the 3 people up front. Basically telling me not to worry about doing it and the person that's originally supposed to do it will "if they can."

So basically I was told to let them get major audit hits. Cause everything I caught each week won't get done otherwise.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

*I goof'd*

EDITing: So apparently they allow us to wear jeans now to work, but are taking away ALL drinks. Even water. There's even supposed to be major things done for the store each and every Monday. The store safety inspection. I was the one to handle that and guess what? They don't want me to do it anymore cause it's more important for me to stand at a register doing nothing. All on the off chance one person will come up to the 3 people up front. Basically telling me not to worry about doing it and the person that's originally supposed to do it will "if they can."

So basically I was told to let them get major audit hits. Cause everything I caught each week won't get done otherwise.
    Wait wait wait so they aren't letting you guys get drinks anymore?
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

*I goof'd*

As someone who drinks quite a bit of water (and coffee, won't lie) to stay alert, hydrated, and refreshed, this hits high levels of idiocy.

As for that audit thing, not much you can do. If things fall apart around you, well, it was their idea.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Wait wait wait so they aren't letting you guys get drinks anymore?
    Nope! Cause apparently "some" people would drink in front of customers our boss said and abused having that. So, for now, they're taking it away. So no water or drinks or snacks at all. They're so serious about it they did a random inspection yesterday.

Yeah, cause having to leave your area to walk out to your car or all the way to the break room to get your water and drink, then go allllll the way back. Yeah, that's a way better solution, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    As someone who drinks quite a bit of water (and coffee, won't lie) to stay alert, hydrated, and refreshed, this hits high levels of idiocy.

As for that audit thing, not much you can do. If things fall apart around you, well, it was their idea.

Yeah I'm sure it's not gonna get done. They guy it falls to is management, but he takes on way too much and forgets. It takes him until near the end of the current week to get the next weeks done. That supposed to be done 2 weeks in advance. He's forgotten his own tasks cause they get him to do more already. So, throwing the Safety Inspection at him (which takes me about 1-2 hours depending on if everyone else does their jobs. Which they usually don't and I have to fix it xD), is a baaaaaad move. Especially since it lists on the last page at the bottom that it's due every Monday before closing hours.

Needless to say, I didn't check the other day, but odds are, it wasn't done. Oh and we did get word that Auditor's were out and expected soon.....sooooooo.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Lord have mercy that sounds like abuse.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Yeah I'm sure it's not gonna get done. They guy it falls to is management, but he takes on way too much and forgets. It takes him until near the end of the current week to get the next weeks done. That supposed to be done 2 weeks in advance. He's forgotten his own tasks cause they get him to do more already. So, throwing the Safety Inspection at him (which takes me about 1-2 hours depending on if everyone else does their jobs. Which they usually don't and I have to fix it xD), is a baaaaaad move. Especially since it lists on the last page at the bottom that it's due every Monday before closing hours.

Needless to say, I didn't check the other day, but odds are, it wasn't done. Oh and we did get word that Auditor's were out and expected soon.....sooooooo.
    So when someone asks you "how many people work here?" just respond with "about half of them."

A lot of people at my office just love meetings. Meetings after meetings. Oh, is there just a tiny issue that could be explained in five minutes? Let's book an hour-long meeting next to my three other hour long meetings where we talk about the work that needs to be done but never actually get around to doing it because we're just so into talking about what we'd like to do instead. Just easier that way.

Thankfully I don't have too many of these kinds of meetings and I'm able to get my stuff done and have time to take a breather. Meanwhile, other people are complaining about being too busy, but when you're in meetings all day long day after day, of course nothing's going to be done. The amount of junk I can plow through when I've got a solid 8-hour uninterrupted block of time to work with is magical. Heck, yesterday, I had built five design history files up to the point where I couldn't go any further and now it needs other people to do their part before it can be 100% finished. If I had a bunch of meetings yesterday, no way that stuff would have gotten done.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    So when someone asks you "how many people work here?" just respond with "about half of them."

A lot of people at my office just love meetings. Meetings after meetings. Oh, is there just a tiny issue that could be explained in five minutes? Let's book an hour-long meeting next to my three other hour long meetings where we talk about the work that needs to be done but never actually get around to doing it because we're just so into talking about what we'd like to do instead. Just easier that way.

Thankfully I don't have too many of these kinds of meetings and I'm able to get my stuff done and have time to take a breather. Meanwhile, other people are complaining about being too busy, but when you're in meetings all day long day after day, of course nothing's going to be done. The amount of junk I can plow through when I've got a solid 8-hour uninterrupted block of time to work with is magical. Heck, yesterday, I had built five design history files up to the point where I couldn't go any further and now it needs other people to do their part before it can be 100% finished. If I had a bunch of meetings yesterday, no way that stuff would have gotten done.
    Honestly, if even that. Most people just stand around or walk away. Most the other cashier walk away from their post and that puts a lot of stress on others up front. It's one reason I hate it so much now.

That reminds me of another thing. Tell me, if you're planning to buy something and coming to check out. There's 3 registers with their light on. One line has someone being checked out. The other 2 have no one and the cashiers are clearly standing there doing absolutely nothing. Which register would you go to? If you picked one of the 2 cashiers doing absolutely nothing, you'd be wrong. 99.999999999% of people would rather wait in a line than go directly to a no wait line. Heck, the other day I got started getting frustrated no one noticed that when I finally directed someone trying to get in my "line" again while the others stood there doing nothing. They complained saying I was rude. Umm....no? I'm helping them get out faster cause they failed to realize that there's more than just 1 lane open.

EDIT:
    @Noblejanobii @Neo Emolga

Let me double up on this story for an update.

Ohhhhh boy, so guess what? Yesterday I had a customer complaint. So at the registers the first thing it asks for before the pinpad is used is the customer to enter their zip code. If they don't want to, they skip or hit random numbers. Can anyone enter it besides them? Simple answer, yes! Does everyone want to enter their zip code? No. Is it necessary? No, but it won't move on until something is entered. Not just that, but corporate make it stupid because they keep track of how many times that the zip code is skipped at all. If it goes over a certain amount they make you sign a paper and will write you up if it continues. Sometime people finish up and think it's asking them again and go and enter it a second time.
    Secondly, they have the WORST design. They use chip readers and it's at the bottom. Guess how you unlock the pinpad from the dock it's set on? You push up. So simply pushing the card into the slot can push the pinpad off from where it's docked.

Sooooo yesterday I had someone do just that. The pinpad came loose and I had already had 10 people come up and outright skip the zip code. So I fixed the pinpad back into place and notice the previous group either skipped or entered their zip code again, but there's nothing I can do about that. Next group comes up and she asks me why it's not asking for her zip code. I explained the situation and she looks at me in befuddlement. Then proceeds to ask what I was doing messing with the pinpad. I was at a loss for words honestly at this point. Like she was trying to find something to try and set me off. Some people can't take honest explanations. Little did she know, I'm one of the most well known in the story for being too nice and honest. Once I hand her the receipt and tell them to "have a blessed day." She proceeds to write something on her receipt (which I know is my name).

So later, one of my managers (luckily the one I know best and knows me best) was CTL at the time. One kinda like us that likes anime, games, younger guy a bit older than me though. He was the one to take the call. So, he tells me he had to speak with me a bit. When we move aside he tells me this lady calls and tells her she's worried for her credit. She saw me messing with the pinpad. She asked and she told him I blew off her questions. So she though I was scamming her. Okay first off, if you think someone is scamming you and you proceed to use your card anyway......%@!&^@! %@&@?! Seriously? How absolutely DUMB can you be?! So he got my end of it and told me he got the call and it was hard not to laugh.

So today he told me a bit more. He told me she called saying that she thinks her card information was stolen. So he asks how she thought that. She tells him this guy at the register was messing with the pinpad and she asked what I was doing. I responded to her with a quick sudden "NOTHING." Which is the furthest thing from the truth. Then he did the next thing and asked her who it was. She said "ERIC!" He told me after hearing that he was just like, "uhh, yeah." Not to her of course cause management gotta keep some stuff to themselves. Just after hearing my name mentioned he knew it was completely false allegations and not true. He told me it was seriously hard NOT to laugh because it was SO laughable.

So today I had to talk to my boss cause next weeks schedule wasn't showing for me. Soooooooooooo to bring my last discussion back up. When I asked him about next week's schedule. He said they found out they can't take on what I was doing as part of their own duties with audits coming up. So next week he said he just put up like 30mins before I got there cause my boss decided to go back on what he said. I do a really excellent and thorough job at it. So after this coming week they're putting me back on the Inventory work to help with that. They'd only need me up front if it's absolutely necessary. This may include some Saturdays. So it looks like I'm going back (again) soon. Thankfully before things went downhill faster than they already are.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 04-13-2019 at 02:29 AM.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

With a story like that, someone try to convince me the zombie apocalypse hasn't already started.

I'm surprised that lady figured out how to get out of her own bed that morning.

11. This post has been liked by: