Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Horrifying "realistic" pictures of Pokemon

Janobii can't save you Madder Hatter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Except these aren't actually scary, they're just plain repulsive. Also, Pokemon are supposed to be friendly monsters, and many creatures are clearly intended and based on cute and/or pleasant creatures. I get that there are some Pokemon designs such as Lickitung or Mr. Mime that aren't going to look so nice in a realistic take, but when that treatment is extended to Pokemon like Pikachu, Marill or Eevee, which are SUPPOSED to be cute is when a line should be drawn.
    Repulsiveness and disgust are still forms of fear, you know. These are the creatures of nightmares if nothing else. I, for one, greatly appreciate the darker interpretation of the children's franchise. Such treatment should be able to be extended to all pokemon if someone wants to do so. And I will always appreciate their efforts. I, for one, am not cute, and would hate to ever be portrayed as such. Perhaps you should ask each individual pokemon first how they wish to be portrayed.
    Avatar image credit to Penpeaches

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madder Hatter View Post
    Repulsiveness and disgust are still forms of fear, you know. These are the creatures of nightmares if nothing else. I, for one, greatly appreciate the darker interpretation of the children's franchise. Such treatment should be able to be extended to all pokemon if someone wants to do so. And I will always appreciate their efforts. I, for one, am not cute, and would hate to ever be portrayed as such. Perhaps you should ask each individual pokemon first how they wish to be portrayed.
    Idk if this is an April Fool's joke or not. It's not very funny either way. Darker does not equal better dude; like everything else darkness is a means to an end. Unless the intention of the artists is to provide a deconstruction of how a Pokemon world would actually work when realism was applied to it (which btw STILL doesn't require literally every single species to look completely and utterly disgusting), then giving a "lol so edgy" take on Pokemon is ultimately pointless and clearly serves no other purpose other than disgusting value for disgusting value's sake. Like it or not, just because you personally want everything to be gory and gritty because you're so insecure about liking a cutesy kid-oriented franchise doesn't mean that "dark" takes on it are always automatically good.

And your final statement goes right back at you too: why don't YOU ask each individual Pokemon yourself if literally every single one of them wants to be portrayed as a hideous spawn of Satan's butthole.

Janobii can't save you Madder Hatter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Idk if this is an April Fool's joke or not. It's not very funny either way. Darker does not equal better dude; like everything else darkness is a means to an end. Unless the intention of the artists is to provide a deconstruction of how a Pokemon world would actually work when realism was applied to it (which btw STILL doesn't require literally every single species to look completely and utterly disgusting), then giving a "lol so edgy" take on Pokemon is ultimately pointless and clearly serves no other purpose other than disgusting value for disgusting value's sake. Like it or not, just because you personally want everything to be gory and gritty because you're so insecure about liking a cutesy kid-oriented franchise doesn't mean that "dark" takes on it are always automatically good.

And your final statement goes right back at you too: why don't YOU ask each individual Pokemon yourself if literally every single one of them wants to be portrayed as a hideous spawn of Satan's butthole.
    Wow okay you are taking what is very obviously an April Fools joke waay to seriously hun. I don't really want to get involved in a back and forth when you're taking what is a joke too personally. I get it, you don't like the disgusting portrayals, got it good. You don't need to jump on me for that. Especially when this was all a joke.
    Avatar image credit to Penpeaches