Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: What would you want the starters final evolution typing to be?

  1. #21
    Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Of that I'm aware, I'm not saying that I don't want people to fetishize the design (because as much as I dislike that behavior I know that someone is gonna do it anyway regardless, so trying to stop that is a fruitless endeavor), what I'm saying is that I straight up don't wasn't Scorbunny's evolutions to look Lopunny-esque. That is, I don't want them to be too anthropomorphic and "sexy". I want the design to look closer to what actual rabbits look like, not what a person wearing a rabbit costume looks like.

    Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm not trying to insult Lopunny's design or anything. I'm just saying I want a rabbit design that looks normal for once.
    No worries, totally not taking it the wrong way. Buneary is definitely closer to what rabbits look like as opposed to Lopunny, but of course, it's still bipedal (same as Scorbunny, which is probably going to lead up to a bipedal final evolution as opposed to one that's quadruped). Although I've seen my own two rabbits stand up on their hind feet and they almost look like they could normally walk upright like that. Of course they totally don't, but it's not hard to imagine.

    The thing on anthropomorphic characters isn't the problem. Heck, that's been done many times before with Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit and even goes as far back as ancient Egypt. The problem is the furries that go overboard with their fetishes and then take that weirdness to a drawing tablet. Unfortunately, that kind of rolling snowball of internet stupid isn't going away anytime soon.

    I agree, it would be neat to see a quadruped rabbit Pokemon as opposed to yet another bipedal, but I don't think Scorbunny is going to head in that direction considering it's already bipedal right from the start. I could be wrong and it might have a very Oshawott to Samurott thing going on, which would be interesting. We'll just have to wait and see.

    Making it double with Caite-Chan!

  2. This post has been liked by:


  3. #22
    Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Running around
    Posts
    4,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    There are a lot of animal based pokemon that don't get that luxury either. I get what you're saying and I agree it'd be nice, but you can't just throw the existing rabbit pokemon under the bus saying they don't look like rabbits when that's simply not the case. Wigglytuff and Azumarill actually have very creative designs that kept notes of their rabbit inspirations while also mixing them with a balloon and a beach ball (or whatever) respectively. Wigglytuff actually looks more like a rabbit than Azumarill if I'm candid since Wigglytuff has the ears and tail, even if it lacks the overall body shape that you're looking for. And you've also gotta remember that some people who aren't fetishists like the designs of Diggersby and Lopunny too. Diggersby isn't may favorite design on the planet but I don't find it gross. It's a clever play on a rabbit crossed with a miner or a construction worker. Its ears are based on the scooping construction equipment you see to move dirt. It's actually really creative, even if the execution wasn't the best and definitely couldn't been done differently. But that shouldn't discount it as a quality rabbit pokemon since it bears quite a bit of resemblance to rabbit anatomy, especially when you consider that literally only the Nidorans are close in actual bunnies. And sure Lopunny is fairly sexual, which makes sense given it's probably based on the playboy bunny or on bunny girls in general, but the mega form is a pretty creative allusion to the rise in popularity of women's boxing and kickboxing.

    That being said, I get your point. Rabbit pokemon have gotten the short end of the stick in a lot of ways and I'm hoping Scorbunny will change that too. But I wish you'd appreciate what already exists as well since it feels like to me you're not giving the existing designs enough credit for the creativity behind them.
    Actually, Wigglytuff doesn't have a tail.

    And I do recognize that the existing rabbit Pokemon have their charm. It just so happens that none of them are really something that clicks with me which sucks because normally I really like rabbits. Just because I personally don't like Diggersby it doesn't mean that I discount it as an "authentic" rabbit Pokemon, I'm just saying that I personally don't like its design. Lopunny I kind of flip-flop between liking it and being kinda "eh..." about it because on one hand it's actually pretty cute when you get down to it and it's not the poor thing's fault that people on the internet are gross, but on the other hand... yeah I do have to admit that the playboy bunny thing just kind of rubs me the wrong way. You seem to be assuming that I either ignore the creativity behind rabbit designs or that I outright think they're uncreative and that's just not the case. Creativity or lack thereof isn't what bothers me, it's the aesthetics, which yes, that's far more subjective, but yeah. It is what it is.

  4. #23
    The Maddest Shaymin
    Noblejanobii's Avatar
    Site Editor

    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    15,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Actually, Wigglytuff doesn't have a tail.

    And I do recognize that the existing rabbit Pokemon have their charm. It just so happens that none of them are really something that clicks with me which sucks because normally I really like rabbits. Just because I personally don't like Diggersby it doesn't mean that I discount it as an "authentic" rabbit Pokemon, I'm just saying that I personally don't like its design. Lopunny I kind of flip-flop between liking it and being kinda "eh..." about it because on one hand it's actually pretty cute when you get down to it and it's not the poor thing's fault that people on the internet are gross, but on the other hand... yeah I do have to admit that the playboy bunny thing just kind of rubs me the wrong way. You seem to be assuming that I either ignore the creativity behind rabbit designs or that I outright think they're uncreative and that's just not the case. Creativity or lack thereof isn't what bothers me, it's the aesthetics, which yes, that's far more subjective, but yeah. It is what it is.
    I've apparently seen too many fan renditions of Wigglytuff because I could've sworn it had a tail for some reason. My b.

    Either way, maybe it was just me reading too much into it but yeah I definitely was getting the feeling that you didn't really like any of them and were just discounting them purely based on that without even considering the creativity behind them. You're entitled to your opinion in that matter. Sorry I misinterpreted your statements.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

  5. #24
    I will be your shield Green's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    3,018
    True wigglytuff have no tail. Those fans are trying to sully the good tuff name

    ·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·

    Paired with Cleobel
    Discord: Sleepy#7580

  6. This post has been liked by:


  7. #25
    Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Running around
    Posts
    4,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I've apparently seen too many fan renditions of Wigglytuff because I could've sworn it had a tail for some reason. My b.

    Either way, maybe it was just me reading too much into it but yeah I definitely was getting the feeling that you didn't really like any of them and were just discounting them purely based on that without even considering the creativity behind them. You're entitled to your opinion in that matter. Sorry I misinterpreted your statements.
    Your mistake on Wigglytuff's tail is actually very understandable: I once encountered someone who was convinced that Dragonite had an orb on its neck like its pre-evo Dragonair, not to mention the famous urban legend about early Pikachu designs having black at the tip of its tail. Apparently these design misconceptions just happen and they seem to be fairly common. Probably because there are just so many imaginary creature designs floating around so we're bound to get design elements mixed up.

    And it's okay, I probably just wasn't very clear on what I meant either. I should have been more specific from the start.

  8. #26
    I will be your shield Green's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    3,018
    Yo, to be fair. I was convinced about the pikachu one for a while.

    Now that i think about it, Grookey having Grass/Electric typing would be unique

    ·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·

    Paired with Cleobel
    Discord: Sleepy#7580

  9. #27
    p i k a c h u ? Chakramaster's Avatar
    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The road to dawn
    Posts
    8,817
    Yeah there are certain typed Pokemon we've all yet to see and that have total potential too! I'd love to see them all, but the chances are there, yet also not. So like you guys were saying. A quadruped bunny like Pokemon, a fire/electric, grass/electric, and so many more would be highly welcome in my book.

    Also yes, the Tuff has no tail. YOOM-TAH!

    The time is upon us...


    . Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..


  10. #28
    Gen 4 had
    Grass/Ground
    Fire/Fighting
    Water/Steel

    Gen 5
    Water
    Grass
    Fire/Fighting

    Gen 6
    Grass/Fighting
    Fire/Pyschic
    Water/Drak

    Gen 7
    Grass/Ghost
    Fire/Drak
    Water/Fairy


    Its kind of hard to predict but it seems like the secondary evolutions will all have to be connected in some way. It would seem that based at least on gen 6 and gen 7 that the pokemon will all be contected in similar way


    Grass/
    Fire/
    Water/


    I dont think Fire/Electric will be the typing because there only two things electric is strong against water/flying and I dont see the grass starter monkey being either of those. Unless were doing flying monkeys now lol.

    So the types will probably be in progression.





    Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

    Spoiler:

    Gible bite's Comic


    GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

    GCEA Platnium/ Blizard Blue/ Pokemon Prism.......


  11. #29
    Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Running around
    Posts
    4,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    I dont think Fire/Electric will be the typing because there only two things electric is strong against water/flying and I dont see the grass starter monkey being either of those. Unless were doing flying monkeys now lol.
    Slight correction: the monkey is the Grass-type, not the Fire-type. You probably either meant to say "bunny" or you meant to say "Grass", but I can't tell which.

  12. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Slight correction: the monkey is the Grass-type, not the Fire-type. You probably either meant to say "bunny" or you meant to say "Grass", but I can't tell which.
    Poor wording on my part. I meant that Grookey would need to end up flying/grass for Scorbunny to be Fire/Electric at least if it follows the pattern of the last couple of gens.





    Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

    Spoiler:

    Gible bite's Comic


    GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

    GCEA Platnium/ Blizard Blue/ Pokemon Prism.......


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •